Wheel of Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Man I hope Josha Stradowski can act because he 100% looks the part for Rand Al'Thor (including being head and shoulders taller than the Australian actress playing Egween).

View attachment 995832

Also happy to see another indication that the Trollocs will be kept as oversized monsters, with a set photo of what might be a training dummy prop and it's at least 10 feet tall. (in the video above). I've mentioned before that I was worried that budget constraints might result in the Trollocs being shrunk or changed in other ways but it's not looking like that so far in fact everything we hear about this keeps being way to positive.
The rumour is Amazon have invested 10-15 million per episode, which is amazing if even close.

There’s another video from a day before the one above on that channel that has a picture of Marcus and Zoe and again...Marcus is massive! Which you want as he’s playing Perrin.

I’ve seen some bits and pieces of Josha’s work and I think he can act.

My only problem with those photos is the bow Josha is using. If it is supposed to be a Two Rivers longbow, it does seem awfully short.
I know, I think he was mistaken, likely just a normal bow Rand is using to practice with in Fal Dara. At least I hope so.

I want this to be early game of thrones or lord of the rings not late game of thrones or altered carbon or so many other shitty adaptions
To be fair, late Game of Thrones wasn't an adaption

They had no clue about how the characters worked
They were just trying to outsmart the people on the internet, and I guess they succeeded, as no one was expecting the show to end like that.

They were just trying to outsmart the people on the internet, and I guess they succeeded, as no one was expecting the show to end like that.
I never watched it, but everyone I know who did hated how it ended, let’s be honest it does take talent to be so universally hated by everyone.

It's a bit from column A, and a bit from column B. The characters became very one dimensional after they overtook the GRR Martin material, and had to come up with stories & dialogue themselves. They were also determined to come up with an ending which people wouldn't see coming. Unfortunately they had to make characters act completely irrationally, going against everything they'd done before, in order to make it happen.

But this thread is about WoT, not GoT.

It's a bit from column A, and a bit from column B. The characters became very one dimensional after they overtook the GRR Martin material, and had to come up with stories & dialogue themselves. They were also determined to come up with an ending which people wouldn't see coming. Unfortunately they had to make characters act completely irrationally, going against everything they'd done before, in order to make it happen.

But this thread is about WoT, not GoT.
My point is that the source material is all there for WoT, so the show shouldn't go flying off the rails like GoT did. Just trying to assuage a few fears, that's all. I'm confident that they will do the story justice.

Some might say that WoT did its own flying off the rails but it'd be a brave producer to try and sell a better second half :laughing:.

If it gets a full run it could well set a record for cut/combined characters though.

Some might say that WoT did its own flying off the rails but it'd be a brave producer to try and sell a better second half :laughing:.

If it gets a full run it could well set a record for cut/combined characters though.
Lol I know right, so many Aes Sedai, Ashaman and Aiel and that’s only the beginning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you do spoiler tags on this website, Rafe Judkins tweeted a voice clip of Egwene and Perrin on Twitter. Can you even share tweets in spoiler tags? Lol
can either go [ s p o i l e r ] [ / s p o i l e r ] (without spaces)
or get it from the drop down box with the ... (Insert Special)

Wheel of time on prime twitter account shared a voice clip from the series. I put it in spoiler tags though I’m not sure it needs it because you do have to press play.

I hope that works. Lol

I didn’t really notice an accent but that could be because I have trouble differentiating accents, she just sounds like anyone else to me. Marcus doesn’t sound like he really has an accent either, granted he only says one word though. Lol

I'm up to The Gathering Storm on my re-read and I forgot how much I genuinely enjoy Egwene's arc in this book. It is good in Knife of Dreams but gets 10x better in TGS.

Egwene's character is interesting, she is rubbish in books 1-4, picks up some steam in 4-6, becomes obnoxious in books 7-11 then comes good at the end.

Shame the same couldnt' be said for Elayne who is just awful the entire way through the books. If they cut her entire family from the show i doubt anyone would mind too much.

Will admit I’m getting nervous that they haven’t announced Min, Elayne, Morgase, Gawyn and Galad yet.

cutting Elayne's whole family wouldn't change the plot at all. The whole thing for the lion throne wasted two entire books for nothing. Gawyn is annoying and useless. Galad is the only interesting one.

cutting Elayne's whole family wouldn't change the plot at all. The whole thing for the lion throne wasted two entire books for nothing. Gawyn is annoying and useless. Galad is the only interesting one.
Haha I love Galad, yes his constant desire to do the right thing can be annoying but you’re right he’s probably the most interesting of the Andoran Royal family nobles.

Man I would have loved to see how he would have gone as King of Cairehain (or however you spell it), he had as much right to that throne as Elayne, however RJ really glossed over that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back