Wheel of Time

Remove this Banner Ad

This article looks like it has a better picture of the Whitecloaks. The white haired guy in front is rumoured to be Geofram Bornhold. I haven’t had a chance to read the article yet, so not sure if it’s said in it or not.

Looks like they might be indicating rank by the colour of the pauldron and number of belts?

Clever if so.

Ok how likely is it we get a full trailer in a couple of hours? Wheel of time Twitter has their emoji poll finishing in a couple of hours, and right now there’s an NFL game on Amazon in the US. I honestly don’t want to get my hopes up, but I have a feeling I’m going to be super disappointed in a few hours. Lol

New WoT teaser released today. I really just want them to release the full trailer now, but I guess a teaser is better than nothing, it’s just 4 weeks to release now.

Apparently they’re showing 4 exclusive clips from episode 1 at the UK comic con this weekend. They won’t be shown publicly, the rest of us will have to wait until November. I guess it’s good for those that don’t want spoilers, but I’m one of those that doesn’t avoid spoilers, next 4 weeks are going to be a nightmare for me. Lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did she say that "we don't know where" he was born? They knew that he would be born on Dragonmount, from prophecy.
I think that was more in the vein of we don’t know where, as in they don’t know where the dragon is. Even in the books they had no idea where the dragon was. Remember in the first few books fair haired males of a certain age were getting murdered all over.

Also I’m almost positive that Owynn, Thom’s nephew was suspected of being the dragon, hence the red killing him before he was put on trial at the white tower.

Audiobooks pronounce Tar Var-lon, but who knows...
Hahaha yeah. Some of the pronunciations in the audiobooks are odd. Like how they pronounce Moghedian (I’m sure I’ve spelt that wrong) about 3 different times.

Getting the pronunciations wrong is poor form in an audio book considering the books come with a pronunciation guide.
Eye of the World is getting a new reading done by Rosamund Pike, so we’ll see how she goes. :)

Apparently the full trailer drops tomorrow. The Dusty Wheel youtube channel will be debuting it at 8.30pt. I’ll miss the livestream because that is late/early I think, my timezone senses suck. But it should be available when we wake up.

Last edited:
There are some things I like and some things I don’t like. I’m actually starting to like the White Cloaks. They actually feel like a threat now, Eamon Valda is one scary guy. Still not sure about their costumes though, I hope they’ll grow on me, but we’ll see.

I love the Trollocs, how good do they look? The practical and special effects teams have done a fantastic job with them.

Aiel!!!!

Not happy with Lan at a moment in the trailer, feels very out of character, however Rafe broke down the trailer for IGN and explained their reasoning and I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, at the moment. Their reasoning makes sense to me and well Moiraine and Lan are really the only truly prominent Warder/Aes Sedai pair in the first season. Plus, they interviewed Daniel Henney on The Dusty Wheel, he’s the guy playing Lan, and while I didn’t watch the whole interview with him, what I did watch it seems that he knows who Lan is, is quite aware of his character, so I have faith that it’ll make sense.

So apparently Lorne Balfe was on The Dusty Wheel during their 10-11 hour livestream today and according to Twitter he said that all vocals on the soundtrack will be sung in The Old Tongue. Surely they haven’t fleshed out the language that much?? That’s insane!

So ah…this was released today.

Not sure how I feel about it, I’m going to watch the show to see how it goes, so it’s not a deal breaker for me. I think I’ll probably be fine with it, I can understand why it may anger some people though.

Goes without saying, this is a huge spoiler, if you don’t want to be spoilt, please don’t watch. :)

I don't get how the whole boy/girl thing is putting people off. It is obviously just a misdirection for those unfamiliar with the story.
I think they’re worried it’s going to change the narrative of the story too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back