Wheel of Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished the series earlier this week. Was a cracking finish. However, a lot of unanswered questions about what happens next. Would like a Mat follow up with him and Tuon going back to seanchan for example.

IIRC there has been some info released on that based on RJ's notes but there will be no books written about it.

Shame the estate don’t open up the world to chosen writers. Could have been interesting with plenty of stories to be found.

It was agreed upon by RJ and Harriett. Sanderson has also been asked about it numerous times in the past and he flat out refuses to entertain the notion. As much as we would all like more stories in the WoT world, it really is better off staying how it is.

Reading Egwene’s first point of view chapter in Lord of Chaos and while I’ve never liked Gawyn (except for like book 1), I honestly don’t remember him being this pathetic. Lol
Oh boy, have you got a ride ahead. Without saying anything he does, lets just say he's the character topping my 'You are an idiot' list with a fair gap to the next.

IIRC there has been some info released on that based on RJ's notes but there will be no books written about it.
Yeah, it was planned that once the main series was finished, that there were going to be another two prequel's, set between New Spring and The Eye of the World, with the second of those just before Moraine goes to The Two Rivers. The other planned one, as noted, was there was going to be a series of outrigger novels covering Mat and Tuon and the reconquest of the Seanchan continent.

There's some books in the middle of the series where you could get away with reading an online summary of them and otherwise skip.

Sorry, can't remember what book numbers they are though! Gets cracking again towards the end.

Edit: ahhhh it appears there's even a term for this. Books 7-10 are referred to as "the slog" Let's Talk About "The Slog" - Is It Real?

About halfway through book 1, enjoying it but feel like it'll be a huge trek working my way through all 14. Worth taking my time on them or just plow through?

They get better, then get worse, then get better again. It is a huge task so if you're not enjoying yourself after the first few books I'd call it a day there.

They get better, then get worse, then get better again. It is a huge task so if you're not enjoying yourself after the first few books I'd call it a day there.

I'm enjoying the first book, but may well be because I have vague memories from the show to help me along. I'll see how I go with book 2. Might space it out with some other books so I don't get fatigue.

I personally wouldn't take breaks with a series like this as I'd need momentum to keep me going. If I took a break then it'd be gg.

I think it's a really good series. Has some low points and some very high points, but overall the world building/lore and writing quality (for the Jordan at least) is very good I feel. Dialogue and at times plot development are not as strong.

About halfway through book 1, enjoying it but feel like it'll be a huge trek working my way through all 14. Worth taking my time on them or just plow through?
I reckon take your time. I enjoy the books but I’ve never finished because I burnt myself out when book 9 came out, only the last three or so years when I could bring myself to reread and try and finish and I’m still only on book 6, despite it being my favourite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I burn straight through a series as I am not someone that likes to deviate onto something else and come back- especially on long series. I find I forget too much of what has happened. I would recommend just reading through them but it also depends on you and how you read.

So rumours going around that there’s a new scene,
teaser for the prologue of The Great Hunt
, at the end of season 1 episode 8. Not sure if true, but it might be worth having a look. That’s one of my favourite parts of the Wheel of Time Series, I really hope the rumours are true.

Apparently
Barthanes party is in season 2, it’s been awhile since I’ve read The Great Hunt, so I barely remember it, but my god this season looks expensive! They released some screenshots of the party on a Livestream earlier today. Season 1 must have some pretty well considering.

The older woman "Anvaere" Rand speaks to is Moiraine's sister who only gets a passing mention in New Spring.

Killing Uno is going to piss people off as he is a fan favourite. I'm neither here nor there as they can put any odd character in his position.

The older woman "Anvaere" Rand speaks to is Moiraine's sister who only gets a passing mention in New Spring.

Killing Uno is going to piss people off as he is a fan favourite. I'm neither here nor there as they can put any odd character in his position.
He is a fan favourite and I like him a lot, but I am ok with the way he went out, dude went out a legend telling Lady Suroth to eff off and the horse she rode in on.

So apparently the sign for
Selene’s inn has a moon and stars on it, you can see it above her in the foregate when she’s having a drink as Rand makes his way to her, cute little Easter egg for book readers that I completely missed lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back