Wheel of Time

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I’ve heard though Chapter 37 of AMoL is massive, I wonder if they’d do that in multiple episodes or a single one? I’ve not read AMoL yet but from what I understand that book and that chapter are absolutely awesome so I hope they do it justice.

Chapter 37 is the last battle. Put it this way, on my kindle, IIRC it said the chapter will take about 5 hours to read (it took way more but the kindle is never right in that regard) whereas, for most WoT chapters, my kindle says around 20-30 minutes.

I think you could definitely condense the first two books into a season and same with the latter books, there is plenty that will need to be cut out just from the number of characters and the pacing but 3 and 4, The Dragon Reborn and The Shadow Rising could easily be their own seasons.

There is plenty in those two with separate storylines happening at once without being ridiculous (3 or 4 max plus some short cut aways).

It's about my all time favourite part of the series and imo the pacing was about right for a book or season.

Chapter 37 is the last battle. Put it this way, on my kindle, IIRC it said the chapter will take about 5 hours to read (it took way more but the kindle is never right in that regard) whereas, for most WoT chapters, my kindle says around 20-30 minutes.
I heard 9 hours on audible, which I thought was ridiculous!

I listen on audible and that’s going to take me two weeks to listen to when I eventually get there.

Thinking when I get there may just read it myself, won’t be able to read on a full seating but it’ll take less than 2 weeks. Lol

I heard 9 hours on audible, which I thought was ridiculous!

I listen on audible and that’s going to take me two weeks to listen to when I eventually get there.

Thinking when I get there may just read it myself, won’t be able to read on a full seating but it’ll take less than 2 weeks. Lol

Definitely read it yourself to really take it all in. I think it took me probably close to 12 hours all up to get through it.

I think you could definitely condense the first two books into a season and same with the latter books, there is plenty that will need to be cut out just from the number of characters and the pacing but 3 and 4, The Dragon Reborn and The Shadow Rising could easily be their own series.

There is plenty in those two with separate storylines happening at once without being ridiculous (3 or 4 max plus some short cut aways).

It's about my all time favourite part of the series and imo the pacing was about right for a book or season.
I think you could easily do EoTW & TGH season 1, TDR up to around about the time Perrin heads back to The Two Rivers in TSR for season 2 with the fight for The Two Rivers being season finale then do Rand/Mat/Egwene in Rhuidean to Cairhein (how do you spell that?) for season 3 with TFoH climax being season 3’s finale?

My problem with this split up though is where would season 4 end? It’s been awhile since I’ve read LoC, which is one of my favourite books, however is it enough for a standalone season? IMO LoC finale needs to be a season finale, it’s a very very important milestone for WoT.

Last edited:
I think you could easily do EoTW & TGH season 1, TDR up to around about the time Perrin heads back to The Two Rivers in TSR for season 2 with the fight for The Two Rivers being season finale then do Rand/Mat/Egwene in Rhuidean to Cairhein (how do you spell that?) for season 3 with TFoH climax being season 3’s finale?

My problem with this split up though is where would season 4 end? It’s been awhile since I’ve read LoC, which is one of my favourite books, however is it enough for a standalone season? IMO LoC finale needs to be a season finale, it’s a very very important milestone for WoT.

The Battle of Dumai's Wells needs to be a season final and that is the end of LoC.

The fall of The Stone of Tear as a mid season 2 finale or season 3 opener :grinning:, Set it up through season 2 and leave it as the cliffhanger.

The fall of the Stone, Rand declaring and the Aiel joining him are important enough to be a season finale but from memory there is a lot before that could be sped up, especially compared to TSR.

Bottom line is we're not getting 14 seasons and so if we want to see a conclusion then they have to make a lot of cuts.

Last edited:
The Battle of Dumai's Wells needs to be a season final and that is the end of LoC.
Definitely.

I agree 100%. I think Rafe Judkins would have a riot on his hands if Dumai’s Wells wasn’t a season finale. :D

The fall of The Stone of Tear as a mid season 2 finale or season 3 opener :grinning:, Set it up through season 2 and leave it as the cliffhanger.

The fall of the Stone, Rand declaring and the Aiel joining him are important enough to be a season finale but from memory there is a lot before that could be sped up, especially compared to TSR.

Bottom line is we're not getting 14 seasons and so if we want to see a conclusion then they have to make a lot of cuts.
I know but it’s so hard with the first six books because there’s epic moments all throughout them.

but like you said we can’t have 14 seasons.

At least 7, 8, 9, 10 should be easy. I can’t remember what happens in 7 or 8 and as far as I can remember only the Cleansing definitely needs to be a season finale of those three books.

as for 10, I haven’t read it yet so don’t really know what happens in it but from what I’ve heard you could easily bundle it up with book 11 for a season and cut most things from CoT keeping that season mostly Book 11.

Saw this on Reddit. Did lol.

0aqe6qqxmiy31.jpg

It's insane to me that Galad is a whitecloak instead of Gawyn, who is pure whitecloak material.
Me too but in a way it makes sense.

The pattern weaves itself around Mat, Perrin and Rand and the pattern needed The Whitecloaks to be a better force for the light than what they were before Galad took over, who better to make sure that happens than the guy who always does what is right?

Even up to where I’ve read Gawyn spends the majority of his time running away from his responsibilities, The Whitecloaks probably would have been worse than they were with him in charge.

I actually think Galad would also have made a very good king for Cairhein, however Elayne’s irrational hatred of him would never have allowed that to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anyone’s interested there’s an instagram page called thedailytrolloc for those unaware of it.

S/he often has pictures from filming locations for The Wheel of Time.

The last couple of days they’ve posted locales, that have been reported by magazines in those areas of Europe as Wheel of Time filming locations, that could be Shadar Logoth, Royal Palace of Caemlyn/The White Tower, for those of you that don’t mind spoilers.

Ah Thom Merrillin, Logain Abler, Padan Fain and Loial have all been announced today!

Alexandre Willaume has been cast as Thom.

Alvaro Morte has been cast as Logain.

Johann Myers is Padan Fain.

Hammed Animashaun has been cast as Loial.

Their pictures are all up on The Wheel of Time on Prime’s twitter account. I still haven’t figured out how to paste photos on BigFooty via phone. :)

Thanks!

I’ll figure out how to paste those things eventually on a phone. :)

The guy cast as Padan Fain is who I’m really excited about! From pictures on the internet I’ve seen he’s got a real creepy aura about him that fits Fain to a T. I think he’s going to be awesome!

WoT fandom as a whole seems very happy with all these casting announcements which is great to see, though we do still have the occasional Sam Elliot is Thom and I won’t hear different comment. :D

Fain, Loial and Logain all look great. I pictured Thom to be a lot older.
I think a lot of people did, me included.

However a queen, a 20-something slip of a girl and an Aes Sedai that could have been a queen all fell in love with him, so I guess they’ve gone more with the handsome, middle years, charming bloke that we see in Alexandre Willaume.

Willaume is also quite a musician apparently as well so he could definitely fit a gleeman/bard.

I think a lot of people did, me included.

However a queen, a 20-something slip of a girl and an Aes Sedai that could have been a queen all fell in love with him, so I guess they’ve gone more with the handsome, middle years, charming bloke that we see in Alexandre Willaume.

Willaume is also quite a musician apparently as well so he could definitely fit a gleeman/bard.

Rafe hinted at his ability

More seriously, it looks like solid casting again with these last announcements. Alexandre's face has plenty of age when he has a better mustache and is surrounded my 20 something actors. Thom starts off aged but still nimble and acrobatic as well so he needs to have some presence when he decides to show himself.

I mentioned this before but my main worry is still how they do Loial (and the trollocs).

I watched a movie the other day with Rosamund Pike in it and have to say I have absolutely zero concerns that she can handle the Moraine role. Just give her a decent script and stand back.

I think he looks good for Thom. Regardless of how Thom's appearance may be described in the books, I often pictured him as closer to 50 than 80; more fatherly than grandfatherly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back