Wheel of Time

Remove this Banner Ad

They kind of Need Niall for later on in the series. I'd be disappointed if they merged Valda and Niall into the one character.
I would be too. While the Whitecloaks are equal to only the red ajar for organisation on Wheel of Time I hate I always found Niall’s P.O.V’s interesting, watching Fain’s influence on him grow was always fun, I just wouldn’t be surprised is all if they did.

They kind of Need Niall for later on in the series. I'd be disappointed if they merged Valda and Niall into the one character.
Niall is my favourite 'non-hero' character. He wants to do right, but manages to combine brilliance, deduction and willful disbelief of facts (regarding Aes Sedai and Rand's motivations and 'evilness'). Valda is an arrogant bully with no redeeming features, they definitely shouldn't be combined.

I'm scared they are going to butcher this

So many recent adaptions change things for no reason and remove book characters / create new characters

I hope this is early GOT quality

They have Sanderson looking over the scripts and have a couple of WoT 'super fans' (for lack of a better term) as consultants. There should be no way they fu** it up badly.

History says there are plenty of ways that they can stuff it up and it's such a long, winding series that they will have to cut storylines and make changes. Not to mention the odds against them doing justice to the parts that will need special effects. Still I like the casting and what little info we've heard about so far and so I'm at least interested to give it a look.

It can't be worse than the first attempt.

Other series have talked about fans/authors have been "involved" doesn't mean they can make it work on screen

I hope very much this is a good one though
I guess the one thing they have going for it is that the show runner, Rafe Judkin’s is a fan as well. I guess I’m choosing to look at it with cautious optimism.

If I end up disappointed ah well...at least I still have the books.

History says there are plenty of ways that they can stuff it up and it's such a long, winding series that they will have to cut storylines and make changes. Not to mention the odds against them doing justice to the parts that will need special effects. Still I like the casting and what little info we've heard about so far and so I'm at least interested to give it a look.

It can't be worse than the first attempt.
I still haven’t watched that all the way through...I think I watched 30 seconds of it and it was like...yeah nup!

Also they officially announced Basil Gill this morning.

Will admit I’m getting nervous that they haven’t announced Min, Elayne, Morgase, Gawyn and Galad yet.

They’ve been announcing every week depending on where they’re at in the read through, and they went past Baerlon last week, Grinwell ma and pa get announced but no Min? And they announced Basil Gill this week, so they’re in Caemlyn now.

Also they officially announced Basil Gill this morning.

Will admit I’m getting nervous that they haven’t announced Min, Elayne, Morgase, Gawyn and Galad yet.

They’ve been announcing every week depending on where they’re at in the read through, and they went past Baerlon last week, Grinwell ma and pa get announced but no Min? And they announced Basil Gill this week, so they’re in Caemlyn now.
They couldn't cut them, surely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They couldn't cut them, surely
I hope not and Rafe Judkins has gone on record as saying that the Rand’s three ladies wouldn’t be cut.

It’s possible though that since Min has a bigger part from about half way through The Great Hunt that they may save her for season two.

Doesn’t explain why none of The Trakand’s have been announced yet.

I figured those scene’s in the Palace in Caemlyn would be in Season 1, even though they’re only a few chapters I thought they were great in setting up Rand’s Taver’eness. I’ve definitely spelt that wrong but I hope it’s understandable. Lol

Plus while everyone loves to hate Gawyn (I do to) I always felt he was a great foil for Rand and I think Galad’s essential for The Whitecloak’s redemption.

Galad is pointless until Tar Valon so they could make do with a passing mention for season 1. Instead of Galad dobbing Rand in, they could just have a guard do it.

They could also have cast the characters but not announced it yet.

Galad is pointless until Tar Valon so they could make do with a passing mention for season 1. Instead of Galad dobbing Rand in, they could just have a guard do it.

They could also have cast the characters but not announced it yet.
Haha Galad is my favourite of Elayne’s brothers so I really want him in season 1, but you have a point.

They might hold over the Trakand characters until a later season (and I don't think it would hurt). They can allude to the Andoran royal family in dialogue from other characters to set them up for a future season, there is a lot to fit into 8 episodes as it is.

Another possibility (and this would be a huge change) is Rand doesn't have three lovers, Min could be cut altogether or diminished.... maybe Elayne too although the backwater farm boy getting with the princess is a classic story line the writers probably can't pass up...

They might hold over the Trakand characters until a later season (and I don't think it would hurt). They can allude to the Andoran royal family in dialogue from other characters to set them up for a future season, there is a lot to fit into 8 episodes as it is.

Another possibility (and this would be a huge change) is Rand doesn't have three lovers, Min could be cut altogether or diminished.... maybe Elayne too although the backwater farm boy getting with the princess is a classic story line the writers probably can't pass up...
If they did this I'd not watch it

In a Q & A session with Rafe a few months back he asked what fans would not want being changed and a lot of people said they didn’t want any of Rand’s love interests to be cut from the production. His reply to that was disbelief that anybody would even suggest that any of Min, Elayne and/or Aviendha would be cut. Sounds like they’re not being cut, but I think it’s going to be changed slightly, not sure how but from what I understand they’re still going to be Rand’s love interests. All three of them may be pushed back until later seasons though, Elayne and Min really don’t do much of anything until The Great Hunt and we don’t actually meet Aviendha until The Dragon Reborn and she doesn’t really become important I guess until The Shadow Rising.

I would be super pissed off if they cut Min, she’s my favourite of Rand’s three girls and it probably would be a deal breaker for me if she got cut.

In a Q & A session with Rafe a few months back he asked what fans would not want being changed and a lot of people said they didn’t want any of Rand’s love interests to be cut from the production. His reply to that was disbelief that anybody would even suggest that any of Min, Elayne and/or Aviendha would be cut. Sounds like they’re not being cut, but I think it’s going to be changed slightly, not sure how but from what I understand they’re still going to be Rand’s love interests. All three of them may be pushed back until later seasons though, Elayne and Min really don’t do much of anything until The Great Hunt and we don’t actually meet Aviendha until The Dragon Reborn and she doesn’t really become important I guess until The Shadow Rising.

I would be super pissed off if they cut Min, she’s my favourite of Rand’s three girls and it probably would be a deal breaker for me if she got cut.
She's important to the overall story, they all are, but she did so much directly with him.
The fact people think she could be cut makes me wonder how far into the series they read.

Though Hollywood does stupid things to books all the time

She's important to the overall story, they all are, but she did so much directly with him.
The fact people think she could be cut makes me wonder how far into the series they read.

Though Hollywood does stupid things to books all the time
I’ve only read until Winter’s Heart but from those 9 books, she keeps him from falling completely into darkness so many times. It’s actually scary to wonder what would have happened with Rand if she hadn’t of been there.

Illa, Raen and Aram have been cast.

Maria Doyle Kennedy is playing Illa, from what I understand from the Wheel of Time community on the internet is that she is an amazing actor, in fact so amazing that the WoT community were really hoping for Siuan or Elaida to be her character.

If someone of her caliber is playing Illa, who the heck is playing Elaida and Siuan? How good will they be?

Narinda Samra is Raen and, Daryl McCormack is playing Aram. Surprisingly a lot of people in the WoT community guessed him for Aram when his name was first mentioned many months ago because the article didn’t mention what character he’d be playing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back