Wheel of Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Mongolian for me, not that I know any Mongolians, I think it was just the horses.

Would love an update on when season one will be released, I suppose the upside is that the longer they hold back season one the shorter the wait for season two will be, which can really kill a show... I'm looking at you Altered Carbon.
Have they re-started filming, after the 2nd shutdown?

With the release of that teaser last week I finally found my motivation to finish my reread of The Shadow Rising. I cannot believe it took me so long to read the last three chapters of that book, I always forget how good the ending of The Shadow Rising is.

With the release of that teaser last week I finally found my motivation to finish my reread of The Shadow Rising. I cannot believe it took me so long to read the last three chapters of that book, I always forget how good the ending of The Shadow Rising is.
Best book of the series IMO. The Aiel flashbacks - I hope we get something good for show for these. It's a toss up for me whether those two chapters or Dumai's Wells is the best moments in the books.

Best book of the series IMO. The Aiel flashbacks - I hope we get something good for show for these. It's a toss up for me whether those two chapters or Dumai's Wells is the best moments in the books.
It would have to be Dumai's Wells.
While I enjoy these three chapters at the end of TSR and Dumai’s Wells, the climax of TFoH, I’m up to chapter 6 in TFoH now, and the climax of WH, which is what I’ve read up to, everything after WH is a blank slate for me, I haven’t read any of it, are quite memorable moments to me as well. :D

I will say this, the climax of WH is still the only ending of a wheel of time book that I reread multiple times straight after finishing it. :D

Went to Rutherglen today (picked a great day to miss the footy :D ) and listened to fires of heaven on the way. Listened from Chapter 9 to Chapter 20, 11 chapters, that’s actually a really long stretch of the super girls, Gareth Bryne, Suian, Leane, Min and Logain and Morgaise and her group, I’d forgotten how exhausting some of those chapters are. Lol

The good thing about a re-read. You can skip the crap.
Yep, I forgot Fires of Heaven was Valan Luca’s travelling menagerie, there’s some good bits in it, but mostly it’s crap. :D

I don't mind it (for the most part) but there are times that it starts to drag on and I say * it and skip ahead. Mind you, when I do that I look at the chapter summary on the wiki just to make sure I haven't missed anything major.

I don't mind it (for the most part) but there are times that it starts to drag on and I say fu** it and skip ahead. Mind you, when I do that I look at the chapter summary on the wiki just to make sure I haven't missed anything major.
Oh I get you, there’s some bloody good chapters with the super girls, and in that Valan Luca stretch but I was so excited when I got to a chapter Michael reading was narrating only to realise it was a Gareth Bryne chapter, if I could have I would have probably skipped the chapters with Suian, Gareth and Morgaise as they can sometimes be a bit tiring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good thing about a re-read. You can skip the crap.
Book 5 is where filler starts appearing. Books 1 to 4 every plot line is interesting. Book 5 the Elayne/Nyn. just feels like it's there to give them screen time. Book 6 is mostly back to little filler, but 7 - 10 (with almost all of Crossroads of Twilight), so much filler.

With those later one's I think some of it was due to fan backlash at the time of no Perrin in book 5. So all characters 'had' to appear in later books. Where as they could have skipped Perrin book 8 and condense his awful Shaido stuff into one less book. Similarly could have easily skipped lots of the Elayne/Morgase stuff and so much of everyone in CoT. A better (not married to) editor would have had books 7 to 10 as 3 books not 4. The biggest downside of him not reined in, is if he had been, we'd have gotten a lot more of the last part of the series by Jordan, rather than Sanderson.

Book 5 is where filler starts appearing. Books 1 to 4 every plot line is interesting. Book 5 the Elayne/Nyn. just feels like it's there to give them screen time. Book 6 is mostly back to little filler, but 7 - 10 (with almost all of Crossroads of Twilight), so much filler.

With those later one's I think some of it was due to fan backlash at the time of no Perrin in book 5. So all characters 'had' to appear in later books. Where as they could have skipped Perrin book 8 and condense his awful Shaido stuff into one less book. Similarly could have easily skipped lots of the Elayne/Morgase stuff and so much of everyone in CoT. A better (not married to) editor would have had books 7 to 10 as 3 books not 4. The biggest downside of him not reined in, is if he had been, we'd have gotten a lot more of the last part of the series by Jordan, rather than Sanderson.
Mat didn’t appear in Path of Daggers. ;-;

From all accounts 10 & 11 would have worked as one book (I haven’t read either so I’m not sure), so there’s 13, I guess trimming down some of the b & c plots and some of the description would have trimmed another book out?

From all accounts 10 & 11 would have worked as one book (I haven’t read either so I’m not sure), so there’s 13, I guess trimming down some of the b & c plots and some of the description would have trimmed another book out?
10 contains viewpoints of the big event from end of book 9 from those not at said event (I can't say more without spoilers). It also has a LOT of other stuff that could have been either cut or pulled forward into book 9 or pushed back into what is book 11 (and then would have been 10).

I've been working through the audiobooks over the past ew years and just finished KoD (book 11). Books 10 and 11 definitely have a couple of plot lines (Perrin and Elayne) that could have been cut significantly, but there are actually some other really good plotlines and events that happen in those two books. I'd forgotten about some of the events and both books deserve the criticism they get, but don't skip over them entirely.

I've been working through the audiobooks over the past ew years and just finished KoD (book 11). Books 10 and 11 definitely have a couple of plot lines (Perrin and Elayne) that could have been cut significantly, but there are actually some other really good plotlines and events that happen in those two books. I'd forgotten about some of the events and both books deserve the criticism they get, but don't skip over them entirely.
My favourite bit of book 10 is the Prologue. Outside Mat (obviously) Ituralde is by far my favourite of the Great Captains to read.

I thought they said before that they had completed some of the earlier episodes even though they had to finish filming later ones but I may be mixing up my 'series in development'.

Late 2021 is still the only date mentioned but I won't be surprised if it moves to 2022.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back