When a player snubs the coach on national TV....

Remove this Banner Ad

Now I just want to know "what about Superboot???" - just left hanging! What a player!
Stuffed if I know.
Maybe it is from the annual show called "That was the Season That Was"
If you can find the season Zantuck did that maybe the rest of video is on youtube.
I think a few of those shows people have uploaded over the seasons.

Now I just want to know "what about Superboot???" - just left hanging! What a player!
I actually found That Was The Season That was for that season and it a round 14 clash but the spot where I found it does not have Superboot next so it not from there.
It probably from World of Sport on the Sunday where they show a 3 or 4 minute segment of highlights of Saturday matches the next day.
That less likely to be uploaded to youtube.
Superboot I assume you know the player it refers to.

My partner's daughter was told that she should be happy getting a C and not bother trying any harder. What the absolute *.

Being average is all we aspire to now apparently. Makes the job of the teacher easier if the only requirement on them is to do the bare minimum.

And all the ******* participation awards now. Holy hell.

I would hate to own my own business and want to hire young people.

OK boomer.

I'm surprised your kid is willing to type this tripe for you

Honestly feel like this is a massive beat up. He’d just given away a 50m penalty, he wasn’t gonna look his coach in the eye. Doesn’t mean he wasn’t listening
Yep, this.

For mine he was checking the big screen to see the 50n penalty. Maybe seeing if he was hard done by or perhaps whether he agreed with the decision in hindsight.

Maybe Rutten ate some chilli the night before and dropped his guts right when Hind got to the bench. From his hind quarters

I actually found That Was The Season That was for that season and it a round 14 clash but the spot where I found it does not have Superboot next so it not from there.
It probably from World of Sport on the Sunday where they show a 3 or 4 minute segment of highlights of Saturday matches the next day.
That less likely to be uploaded to youtube.
Superboot I assume you know the player it refers to.
Thanks for looking - was that 1984? The roys didnt play the saints in round 14 at any time that Barassi was coach at the dees. Perhaps it was the round 10 match between the roys and the saints at VFL match - Superboot kicked 6.5 that day. The return match was at the Junction oval, but the vision looks like Waverly (especially as not all matches had much vision). maybe the show was some sort of VFL park retrospective, both matches being at that ground.

Thanks for looking - was that 1984? The roys didnt play the saints in round 14 at any time that Barassi was coach at the dees. Perhaps it was the round 10 match between the roys and the saints at VFL match - Superboot kicked 6.5 that day. The return match was at the Junction oval, but the vision looks like Waverly (especially as not all matches had much vision). maybe the show was some sort of VFL park retrospective, both matches being at that ground.
Hard to know My final guess is it was some channel 7 footy award night where during the coverage they would sometimes show interesting bits of the season between the actual award ceremonies. As you said it not the same round 14 so it not World of Sport, The Big League Replay show or That Was The Season That Was 1984.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concur and related, a genuine question out of left field.

Is it really someone's actual job/task to scroll through an entire match broadcast from all camera's, including change rooms etc. after every game to find something that could be 'newsworthy' and/or does this only occur when an editor/producer/journo/presenter is looking for related footage in support of a specific 'narrative'..?

Is that what a lot of BF posters do? just exchange scrolling through an entire match with scrolling through someone’s post history to try to uncover some obscure post made weeks/months ago for a gotcha moment.

First job was at a cafe and agreed, was always the middle aged types who gave me the most grief. Learnt to put up with those who got a million variations just for the sake of it, but one thing I could never get over was the "3 quarter" latte order.

It's not on the menu and you know we'll charge you the same as a full one. People were actively willing to get less for their money just to be difficult (half the time they ordered another as it wasn't enough). The number of times I dreamed of walking over with a regular one and tipping 1/4 in their lap and saying "there you go, 3 qtr latte"
Agreed, from my cafe work time it was often women from 35-50 and slightly older brotacular businessmen who were the bad customers, but of course there were many exceptions.

Imagine this happening to Clarkson or Longmire…

Genuine question to Essendon fans. If This is the response from a player to coach on game day in front of cameras, what is the response when the coach talks about defensive accountability in reviews and training standards in general ?

It is not the looking away part that concerns me the most, it’s the overt way of trying not to sit next to your coach when he pats the seat next to him. That is just disrespectful, especially to a guy that is feeling the pressure.

On national television.... absolute ROAR!

I don't get it, what does this change?
It changes nothing.

The idea that the player has some right to just ignore the coach because he might be a little tired or flustered after the free kick is pretty funny.

Imagine if every player that was dragged did this. 😂

It changes nothing.

The idea that the player has some right to just ignore the coach because he might be a little tired or flustered after the free kick is pretty funny.

Imagine if every player that was dragged did this. 😂
Yep, it’s just a ridiculous justification.

If I decided to blank my manager like that at work because I was upset, I would be absolutely screwed. Like, Chat With HR level screwed. Deservedly so.

Sequence of events:

1. Essendon nearly 10 goals up in the last quarter.

2. Hind nearly concussed by tackle that leads to a fine for Lazzaro

3. Hind gives away free kick for dissent, hardly a surprise given his head just got slammed in to the marvel car park.

4. Hind comes off, no clear seat on the bench as other Essendon player taking up 2 seats. Has awkward by play with said player determining which way he’ll slide to make room. Unsurprisingly after giving away a goal he doesn’t want to sit right next to the coach

5. Hind - most likely dazed or watching the replay - has a few words said to him by Rutten. With the game clearly as over as Essendon’s season it’s likely to be either a simple message to avoid dissent or just as likely the coach checking he’s ok after being dumped in the tackle. Either way, not exactly a vital exchange.

This is classic Cornes-ism. Playing the results to fit a narrative.

disgraceful from Hind

worse thing you can do to another person is treat them like they don't exist

I would be steaming mad, poor Rutto, credit to him that he swallowed it I suppose, not easy,

Is that what a lot of BF posters do? just exchange scrolling through an entire match with scrolling through someone’s post history to try to uncover some obscure post made weeks/months ago for a gotcha moment.
Possibly, but my point of the post was; Given the demands of a 24/7 news cycle (which the AFL media themselves have created) related to the creation of content/discussion points/narratives and headlines, obviously someone has been tasked to scroll through/watch/review the entire broadcast of every game looking for anything 'newsworthy'..!

It's obvious because in recent times these stories have mainly derived from off-field 'incidents' that are not part of the main broadcast, namely players or coaches behaviour in change rooms , or in this specific case a player and coach's interaction on the bench, which I'm pretty sure was not part of/shown during the main broadcast on the day - but has been 'remarkably discovered' in support of the media's 'Sack Rutten' narrative...

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back