When are GWS gonna get serious and change their colours?

Remove this Banner Ad

i actually love the colour scheme. its a bit different but still with colours that work well together. everyone complained when the suns chose the same old boring colours as half the other teams have. green too is good as a colour but shocking for a footy top. i like the jumper too, its fairly basic (same general form as the old roys one but with a g to the side) instead of some wishy washy gradient. ive seen actual people wearing them and they look great.

the suns home jumper is good too in that it is nice and basic. really its just carltons but with red, so i dont get the problem. their alternate jumpers however....GWS seems to have gone with a nice simple away jumper though which again is good.

I think it would be better if the back was charcoal instead of orange, but otherwise I think it's fine, and better than the first upefforts of other recent new teams (Freo, Port, GC).

I love everything about GWS :D

The colours are perfect. My favourite colour is orange so I am so happy with what they chose.

I am so glad I have their foundation guernsey :thumbsu:

they don't look bad, but they don't say AFL to me either. In any case, there still much better than Gold Coasts. they look more fitting for a junior footy team.

I reckon they're great colours/design. Black and a red stripe on the other hand....

I don't mind the colour scheme at all. To all those wanting black instead of charcoal, there's already too many teams in black.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another one here who thinks their colours are great. I betting they'll have some awesome looking merchandise with those colours to work with.

My concern is with the proposal to have sky blue jumpers as the away strip. That's just going to create brand confusion while they're trying to forge an identity early on.

Like many others I think the colours are fine. It's the design that need work.

This. Colours are fine (would probably prefer black, but there's nothing wrong with charcoal). I do think the design needs some tweaking though - not a huge fan of the G

I quite like the design of the home jumper - my problem with it is that the back is all orange, with charcoal numbers - it's effectively a totally different jumper on each side. If it was charcoal on the back with white numbers the overall design would be far more bold.

Big opportunity missed they should be NSW blue not NT colours! What do the NT thunder do if they want to come in?

I quite like their colours, they are rather unique, design does need work, but the foundations are there for a strong identity :)

Big opportunity missed they should be NSW blue not NT colours! What do the NT thunder do if they want to come in?

There is another team in Sydney, which came in first mind you and if you were to give the other, newer Sydney team the colours of NSW it may cause some resentment with Swans fans (Just my opinion :p)... Also, I doubt NT would get a team anytime soon, Tassie or a third WA team would get a team before NT... Hell even NZ would (Knowing the AFL :p)

Orange (and yellow) are the two most receptive colours to the eye.

No team uses yellow as their primary colour.

But now, we have a team wearing orange as their primary colour (at least on one of their jumpers)

The sea of orange at the A-League Grand Final last year won by Brisbane was a visual delight. If the crowd is draped in either all yellow or all orange it looks amazing.

We havn't had that visual delight yet in the AFL, because no team wears orange or yellow primarily. I'd love to see the GWS crowd in a sea of orange. Would look magnificent.

Charcoal is a good unique choice too. The Oakland Raiders were, for many years the most popular merchandised NFL team on the back of their "silver" (and black) colours. Ths is a bit like charcoal, and I think it is marketable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back