When do people start to know who Tim Membrey is?

Remove this Banner Ad

Appreciate how Sydney went about the Membrey deal. We couldn't find a fair trade for him, but so he could easily get to his club of choice they delisted him.

Much different to other trade dealings we've had where teams have tried to bend us over.
Didn't they request a pick upgrade from the 50's to the 40's?

Watched the Saints the last couple of weeks and really rate him, just needs to get it done against top sides.

To be fair, they play quite different styles.

Had this discussion on the Saints board.

Membrey is a forward with above average disposals for his position, which is kudos to him.
Stringer is more of a midfielder with above average scoring for his position, which is kudos to him.

Somehow they have almost identical stats, despite playing different games. Unfortunately, their similar height/weight draws comparisons such as these.

When he can score against decent teams
This. Spot the trend.

5 against Essendon, Melbourne, Carlton
4 against Melbourne (again)
3 against Fremantle, Essendon (again), North Melb
2 against Gold Coast
1 against Adelaide, Geelong
0 against West Coast.

Don't remember a Joe the goose either for the Skunk. 1/2 of Jenkins goals have been the old Joe.

The skunk is going ok. Love supporters who hate the thought. Bet the dogs fan wish Boyd was averaging 3 a game regardless of who they were playing.

Jenkins runs 100m for those Joe the Goose "easy" goals.

Had this discussion on the Saints board.

Membrey is a forward with above average disposals for his position, which is kudos to him.
Stringer is more of a midfielder with above average scoring for his position, which is kudos to him.

Somehow they have almost identical stats, despite playing different games. Unfortunately, their similar height/weight draws comparisons such as these.
Their night and weight are the only things that should be compared between the two. Another example of why fantasy league stats are so irrelevant. Stringer is an all Australia gun that influences results of a game and membry is an up and coming forward that has played some decent games. They are a million miles apart, put it this way have them both on the open market today amd see what draft picks clubs offer for them....

I think the doubters will be a little surprised in due time. The knock is that he goes missing against the top sides, whilst this may be somewhat true, I'd say this is more a reflection on the Saints as a whole rather than him personally.

He's a seriously good player. He has the best body positioning and strength of any St.Kilda forward that I've seen since Fraser Gehrig and his hands are stupidly sticky. Not to mention he's an accurate kick, something we haven't seen in a forward for a long time either.

Once our midfield goes to that next level it won't be long until he's kicking bags against the top sides too.

22 years old and averaging just shy of 3 goals a game, above the likes of Jenkins, Betts, Gunston, Hogan, Riewoldt, Walker etc etc

Only asking the question because it seems like whenever he kicks a bag against a team their supporters seem to think he's some spud having the game of his life, doesn't seem to get noticed much for some reason.

When has he "kicked a bag" ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good player. from down my way, so always good to see a local boy do well.

I reckon he would have succeeded at Sydney if Goodes hadn't played on last year. Once Goodes decided to stay, he sort of took a position Membrey could have played. Its a win for the Saints in that case.
Yep, I love Goodes as much as the next Swans fan but I remember being slightly annoyed about this, as he was showing clear signs of aging.

Will be a gun. Goals against top sides will come I think, as the Saints become more competitive against them collectively.

Btw what is Josh Kennedys record vs top 8 teams like?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back