When does the new season start

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia Day weekend was mooted as the season start this year but with Channel 7 holding the Tennis and AFLW broadcast rights they didn't want a clash so it was pushed back a week.

Pre-season begins in November officially but I suspect most teams will be training before then, just not getting paid for it.

Australia Day weekend was mooted as the season start this year but with Channel 7 holding the Tennis and AFLW broadcast rights they didn't want a clash so it was pushed back a week.

Pre-season begins in November officially but I suspect most teams will be training before then, just not getting paid for it.

Have they fixed the playing fixture ?

Last edited:

7 don't hold the tennis rights anymore.

Is there an exhibition game during the bye week this year?

Yes, but they hold the cricket which would compete with AFLW in some timeslots, but avoid the tennis was due to Channel 7 the previous two years.

Yes, Curtain raiser to the EJ Whitten game at Adelaide Oval will have the Under 18 All Australian girls playing, split into two teams with the final All Australian 22 selected after the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back