Society/Culture When is racism really racism?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's a genuine question related to the thread: does this count as racism?

For info, the Facebook post was later edited to remove the colour of the players' skin.

What say you, brains trust?

It’s definitely racist. You’re associating black people with losing. There’s absolutely no need to reference skin colour. It’s incredibly discriminatory. Explain in any way how that is critical to making your point from a journalistic perspective.

There is still clearly an issue of mentioning skin colour. It’s absolutely reprehensible.

Isn't that what the story is about though? The racism they copped for missing goals?
I am not sure. Was it? I am out of the loop re world events etc. I simply saw the snippet and thought it wasn’t appropriate. Was it the fellas who were black being racially abused because they were the ones who missed goals or something if that ilk?

I am being serious, not sarcastic BTW.

I am not sure. Was it? I am out of the loop re world events etc. I simply saw the snippet and thought it wasn’t appropriate. Was it the fellas who were black being racially abused because they were the ones who missed goals or something if that ilk?

I am being serious, not sarcastic BTW.
Yes, that's pretty much exactly the story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Locations?

The Glen (obviously), Doncaster (obviously), I think there's one in the city too, few others around. I've only ever had the noodle soup, it's awesome, you get to pick from 9 or so type of noodles, they actually taste more like pasta than say rice noodles or whatever but it's great.

I'm not wild about Ben Shapiro generally but I think he is mostly in the right here. I think he defines CRT pretty honestly and in good faith, but Malcolm Nance then takes it off on a tangent about a million other things with a tonne of strawman arguments thrown in for good measure.

yeah this looks a lot like racism.

wiggles like singing cultural songs but got smashed for cultural appropriation. Cos you know. They had the wrong colour of skin.

now they bring on 4 new wiggles all from 4 different races so they can sing their cultural songs.

the original wiggle said it best. We used to just be about child education. Now we have to all have different genders and races.

the non binary unicorn character. That’s just woke gold

Brunswick’s Good Karma Network shuts amid claims of ‘toxic positivity’, racism

The Good Karma Effect guidelines state its purpose is for people to seek help and advice, share and gift, promote community events and recount positive local experiences. The guidelines do not allow “political, religious or inflammatory commentary”, business promotion or reporting of crime.

“Being an open voice to political agendas is not what that group is about,” he said. “We have a very small element who have gone feral breaking those rules ... the group is not about everybody having a soapbox.″⁣

But that has proved to be a challenge in a politically progressive suburb like Brunswick, where many believe sharing their opinion on a “community page” is their right.

“We have now reached a point where we as admins are not safe, in public or online. Our names are being shared online with no regard for our safety or wellbeing,” a moderator wrote in announcing the suspension of the page.

“Posters with our faces are being plastered on the street. Our heritage and intersectionality called into question. Our inboxes full of abuse,” the moderator wrote.

Online moderation seems like a thankless job - is it fair for an online discussion group to have guidelines that do not allow “political, religious or inflammatory commentary” - given the additional demands it places on moderation? Is it akin to "the suppression of minority voices" - given there are plenty of alternative groups that allow for these discussions?

Even if you disagree with the guidelines of such discussion groups - surely you just opt out of the group - instead of publicly vilifying and abusing mods? The far, woke left are rabid. Neo-nazis must love seeing the left eat itself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back