Analysis When oh when are Collingwood going to find form?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
2nd on the ladder and after a loss against north the alarm bells are (should) be ringing.

So how are the pies still 2nd on the ladder given their puerile form?

Ok granted they've won when they shouldn't have. Not the point.

Fact is the pies are struggling at the minute.

For mine watching the game tonight it's evident that their pressure game is null, in fact north had that covered - surprising for a supposed grunt team.

So let's look at the supposed best midfield of all time (Matt LLoyd says Hi!) hmmm to be be honest it's spluttering at best. Much like the forwards.

At no point this year have they looked anything like a flag winner, question is why? Why is their form so poor?

We all know their potential is flag but they're among others with same potential.

So Collingwood stop teasin and start pleasin.

Last edited by a moderator:

They're forms been poor for 4-6 weeks now. North completely shut then down tonight and they were lucky to get the points last week. Wouldn't surprise me if they turn it around and go on a run or drop a few more games and lose the double chance.

Maybe they just don't like Docklands?

They're forms been poor for 4-6 weeks now. North completely shut then down tonight and they were lucky to get the points last week. Wouldn't surprise me if they turn it around and go on a run or drop a few more games and lose the double chance.

Maybe they just don't like Docklands?

I still don't get why Collingwood need to play home games there. I don't blame them for hating that cconcrete jungle of a hole it's just Meh.. I guess Collingwood just play Meh when they go there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They’ve been average but they’ve got an unbelievable burst. They can flick the switch for 15 minutes and still win the game.

They reek of straight sets tbh as you can’t get away with that in finals.

But if they put it together then watch out - you wouldn’t want to run into them.

Now. Well, they have to or top 4 could slip away. Or they will surge and make their season.

Hawks lost several in a row now and were so close to beating WC today. Will be hungry.

Wc in Perth always tough. Then GWS. Then a Richmond close to full strength.

I'll be watching the Pies next month closely.

2nd on the ladder and after a loss against norf the alarm bells are (should) be ringing.

So how are the pies still 2nd on the ladder given their puerile form?

Ok granted they've won when they shouldn't have. Not the point.

Fact is the pies are struggling at the minute.

For mine watching the game tonight it's evident that their pressure game is null, in fact north had that covered - surprising for a supposed grunt team.

So let's look at the supposed best midfield of all time (Matt LLoyd says Hi!) hmmm to be be honest it's spluttering at best. Much like the forwards.

At no point this year have they looked anything like a flag winner, question is why? Why is their form so poor?

We all know their potential is flag but they're among others with same potential.

So Collingwood stop teasin and start pleasin.
WC did this in 2018.

They think they've only had one poor week over there. Collingwood last played more than a quarter, what, round 2?
Your observation is flawed. An overwhelming majority of Collingwood supporters although pleased with our 10-3 record leading into last night, had issues with the footy being played. I mean just look at literally any thread and you'd see this.

Your observation is flawed. An overwhelming majority of Collingwood supporters although pleased with our 10-3 record leading into last night, had issues with the footy being played. I mean just look at literally any thread and you'd see this.

I looked at the gameday thread during the last quarter and half the people were saying "we've been s**t all season" and the other half were saying "relax its only been 2 bad games"

I looked at the gameday thread during the last quarter and half the people were saying "we've been **** all season" and the other half were saying "relax its only been 2 bad games"
So you already went from all to half...

If you subscribe to the notion that percentage, more than W/L record, gives a pretty good snapshot of a team's flag credentials, the Pies are still clearly in the top three despite dropping below 120%.

It's all relative. You just need to be the best team in it in a given year to win a flag; you don't necessarily have to be an all time champion team. Besides Geelong, everybody has been up and down in 2019. So if you don't rate Geelong, based on its recent record in September (which is fair enough, by the way), where does that leave you? Someone has to win the flag.

They're mediocre this year. They were gifted wins against Carlton and Essendon. They still have time to turn it around but they'd want to get a move along.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back