Analysis When oh when are Collingwood going to find form?

Remove this Banner Ad

In September of course!!!!!! How many more wins to make the eight? What are we now? Nine wins? Need to scrape 4 more wins. I think they can do that. Tread water until the finals, then bring in wells beams adams stevo langers howie billy aishy dunny goldy reidy, and then kick ass again! Simple. Hold the cup aloft and everything will be right in the world again. Actually langdon wells beams dunn & reid probably won't play again this year. On second thoughts, I think we're fukt. 6th year in a row ruined by injuries. Almost got the coach sacked, and then robbed us of a flag. When are the Magpies going to find form? When they unload all the injury prone players. It's a generational thing. It'll take a few years yet. Start with Adams. He's a star but he averages 15 games. 3 of the 5 leadership group are on the sidelines right now (dunn howe & adams). That leaves sidey & pendles to keep the team in check. Pendles was alerted last week by his coach that he spent too much time directing his teammates instead of concentrating on his own game. That wouldn't happen if the whole leadership group were out there. Bucks espouses a squad mentality, but guess what? His team are just as prone to falling off the cliff as any other if they get enough injuries. There's a tipping point, and howe was it. Kangaroos are in a honeymoon period. Hopefully they come out of it by the time we play them again. A full strength pies would have struggled against them, but with shaz & coxy still finding form after long layoffs, and 2 on the bench, the loss was no surprise. Why did they play Reid at marvel? A history of soft tissue injuries, and they make him play at marvel? Not smart. That's all the excuses I can think of right now. No it isn't! Here's the big one. The one everyone should be talking about. A 2 week break vs a 6 day break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did the Pies look lethargic while the Kangas were running on top of the grass? Gee I wonder why? This has to stop. Seriously. This issue deserves some more exclamation marks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another 6 day break leading into the hawks. I'll finish with a word about jacky felgate, because I watched channel 7 on friday night and god damned if she didn't find the best T**ty dress in wardrobe. A bit slow for the me too train is jacky. Maybe it was promotion for the new russell crowe thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

!

Robbed of a flag? You were up by 5 goals you fool. If anything you robbed yourself.

In September of course!!!!!! How many more wins to make the eight? What are we now? Nine wins? Need to scrape 4 more wins. I think they can do that. Tread water until the finals, then bring in wells beams adams stevo langers howie billy aishy dunny goldy reidy, and then kick ass again! Simple. Hold the cup aloft and everything will be right in the world again. Actually langdon wells beams dunn & reid probably won't play again this year. On second thoughts, I think we're fukt. 6th year in a row ruined by injuries. Almost got the coach sacked, and then robbed us of a flag. When are the Magpies going to find form? When they unload all the injury prone players. It's a generational thing. It'll take a few years yet. Start with Adams. He's a star but he averages 15 games. 3 of the 5 leadership group are on the sidelines right now (dunn howe & adams). That leaves sidey & pendles to keep the team in check. Pendles was alerted last week by his coach that he spent too much time directing his teammates instead of concentrating on his own game. That wouldn't happen if the whole leadership group were out there. Bucks espouses a squad mentality, but guess what? His team are just as prone to falling off the cliff as any other if they get enough injuries. There's a tipping point, and howe was it. Kangaroos are in a honeymoon period. Hopefully they come out of it by the time we play them again. A full strength pies would have struggled against them, but with shaz & coxy still finding form after long layoffs, and 2 on the bench, the loss was no surprise. Why did they play Reid at marvel? A history of soft tissue injuries, and they make him play at marvel? Not smart. That's all the excuses I can think of right now. No it isn't! Here's the big one. The one everyone should be talking about. A 2 week break vs a 6 day break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did the Pies look lethargic while the Kangas were running on top of the grass? Gee I wonder why? This has to stop. Seriously. This issue deserves some more exclamation marks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another 6 day break leading into the hawks. I'll finish with a word about jacky felgate, because I watched channel 7 on friday night and god damned if she didn't find the best T**ty dress in wardrobe. A bit slow for the me too train is jacky. Maybe it was promotion for the new russell crowe thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

!

Needs more cowbell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Cox should have come back through the VFL. Now with Reid out I don’t know what other options they have.
The last 2 weeks they have been woeful. Play like this next week and it’ll be eagles by 10+ goals.

Having Stephenson up forward was conducive to getting the ball in quickly due to his pace and ability to turn defenders. Without him they've gone back to no-risk methodical ball use.

They are really missing Adams. Him and Howe back next week should see them start to turn things around. Problem is now they have some must-win games all of a sudden.

Buckley has got them playing a possession game this season which does not suit them. The sooner they go back to their manic pressure game that got them a kick from a flag last year the better for them. Hopefully they persist with possession for one more week tho.
Should be playing the first 20 mins of the GF again and again, speed speed speed

Overatted side, got lucky with an easy draw last year to finish top 4. Most overhyped midfield the game has ever seen which are as old as moses. Forward line has been worked out and lacks a genuine key target.

Don't under-rate Hawthorn here, they are playing some solid footy right now. Within a kick of 2x top-4 scalps in consecutive weeks.

Pies will have a crack against WC. It's the kind of assignment that galvanises a group.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back