AFLW When should Tassie join?

When should Tassie join the AFLw?

• Same year as the men

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Earlier than the men

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking about this topic yesterday.

Should they wait till 2027 for when the mens come in, or should they come in sooner?

I personally like the idea of them entering the league sooner to garner support for the national side.

The fans might rock up in huge numbers and get behind the girls if they're in before the men. Could set up the club on the right foot.

It could also set up a good atmosphere around the club/state in the lead up to the men coming in. Whereas if they come in the same season as the men, it could be lost in the buildup.

It will have precisely NOTHING to do with building hype or some misguided attempt to "get behind the girls".

It will depend on 1) when the training and administration facilities are ready; 2) when the national draft becomes mandatory; 3) when the league's lowest paid players are making at least $80k per year.

Points 2 and 3 could be done within the next few years, and at the latest they will be achieved by 2030.

It will have precisely NOTHING to do with building hype or some misguided attempt to "get behind the girls".

It will depend on 1) when the training and administration facilities are ready; 2) when the national draft becomes mandatory; 3) when the league's lowest paid players are making at least $80k per year.

Points 2 and 3 could be done within the next few years, and at the latest they will be achieved by 2030.

Caro's article on Saturday suggested the the AFLPA were looking at a minimum of $70K in 2026....that seems unders what I head previously

Back