When should we wear the bars? (poll)

When should we wear the bars?

• Bars should be Port Adelaide's official AFL jumper - we should wear them as much as possible

Votes: 79 52.7%
  • Bars should be Showdown only, and worn twice a year against the tingles

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • Bars should be a special occasion jumper, to be brought out rarely (<3/yr) at games of our choice

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Bars are a SANFL jumper and should never be worn by the AFL team

Votes: 4 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I would love our jersey changed every season (like with football (soccer) - Incorporating the black and white more predominately. This will generate more money, with more people buying jersey's - I haven't bought a new one since 2014.

I would still love the PB's featured in a home showdown and on ANZAC day

I want the bars as much as possible but that is long term.
But start at 2 home games and work up from there, I personally don't even want to wear them against the Crows....* em.

Definitely Anzac though, even Richmond in the other would be good, we have more history wearing the bars against them than the plastics.

My position doesn't match the poll options.

- ANZAC Day as 1st priority
- finals against anyone but Collingwood as 2nd priority
- home showdown as 3rd priority

I obviously wouldn't object to us wearing them for all home games but I am content with the three priorities above.
This is the type of opinion that I was trying to capture in option 3 but I probably worded it badly.

Option 3 is meant to basically say that the teal is our guernsey, but we choose when we bring it out for other games, without it ever being considered for our main jumper.

Voted for Showdowns only

I understand the emotional argument to wear permanently but I do see it a little differently

Whilst it's always been the PAFC, we do now play in the AFL and do have our defined colours and a great AFL jumper

The PB's will always be our heart and soul heritage and we should be able to promote and educate why that is

Wearing them once or twice a year makes it a special occasion to celebrate

What I want and what I’m willing to settle for are two different things. Deep down I’m an extremist on this issue but still recognise that not all (genuine) stakeholders are so a middle ground will need to be found.

So I voted for Option 1, but I’d settle for Option 3. Special occasion guernsey, few games per year, at our discretion. I think most people could live with that.

It should be up to us to determine what our home kit is. I voted option 1.

I would tolerate Showdowns or a select number of games a year at our discretion, but if I had my way this would be our home kit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a poll - I'm interested in the range of opinions on this.
My opinion isn’t there:
- Showdowns;
- ANZAC Day;
- home Finals.

So, three Minor Round matches.

Would love for it to be our main jumper but I also understand the chance of that is remote - at least for the next 40 odd years or so.

If we are going to push the idea of honouring heritage significance, then at the very least we need to be pushing for both Showdowns and the ANZAC Day weekend game.

I can see a scenario in which the Crows kick up such a fuss about our jumper for their home game (ridiculous) such that we try to get it just for our home game and for our home ANZAC Day game each season. The crows don't have a leg to stand on, but neither do Collingwood and they seem to have such a say in what we wear, so at this point I'm not sure how the politics of it all work anymore.

I’m happy with Showdowns only, love the chevrons too.
However, I voted whenever (1) as it should be OUR choice.

Last edited:
Vote for one but would compromise with 3 - as long as it includes home rights vs Collingwood.

Hang on I might have gotten mistaken, is that under 3 times a year, or only every three or so years?

If it's the latter, no way, not enough. My bad.

5) Whenever we want.

Not necessarily all the time. Not necessarily once or twice a year. We wear it on our terms.

At this stage the club are pushing for Showdowns only and that's a view I can support/defend, even if I personally prefer more.

Voted 1 though.

Being slightly realistic my position is as follows.

The chevrons can go.
Home jumper is black with silver bars and a white number panel.
Clash is silver jumper with black bars and white cuffs and number panel.
"Special" occasions its traditional black and white bars.
You're right. The PB design is objectively awesome in any colour scheme. I would love recoloured designs if and only if they are in addition to our heritage jumper rather than as a replacement.
Made this in 2019 and stand by it - although a white number panel on the home as you suggest would be just as good. And white trim on the away, although I think (like our current grey strip) the black trim is aesthetically superior.
Lte8IcH-1.png

Back