Goldenblue

Norm Smith Medallist
Ex-Moderator
Aug 2, 2001
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
After watching the nurse in the USA get arrested for refusing to yield to the demands of the police officer to supply him with the blood of the patient she was caring for, the nurse in her right refusing as by the law, was arrested with force for doing her job. The officer was only suspended and should have been sacked. Too many times cops who break the law themselves are only suspended and are always protected by their own, surely, if I broke the law, I would have been charged.

Now, on twitter, I have come across this and was appalled by it.

Now what upsets me is that the baby was hurt and the sound of the thud as the baby hit the ground was sickening. What is equally as wrong is how some people on twitter are saying the cop was in his right and the woman being arrested deserved what she got, and should obey the law. What about the rights of the child? The amount of cops who put on a badge, puff out their chests and think they are above the law seems to be getting worse by the day. What are your thoughts? I'm interested.

Mods, I know this is in international as these instances are happening overseas. If the thread needs to be moved, so be it.

US society has unfortunately trained their cops to have to believe that every person they encounter potentially presents a lethal threat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back