When They See Us

Remove this Banner Ad

A new show documenting the Central Park 5 rape case.

Has anyone seen this yet?

Pretty harrowing to watch the way the teens were treated on account of their skin colour. Linda Farstein seems like a real POS.

Bomberboyokay

Great powerful series. Very depressing for the most part.

The series is gripping because you get to genuinely feel and experience what a black kid would have been treated ilike n New York in the 90s.

I found the prison scenes very upsetting and confronting. I generally enjoy my violence in movies,but I think it was the age of the "boys" and the realism is what shocked me. It was a very sad movie, you would like to think that it couldnt happen in 2019.

Its best to watch it in one sitting to fully absorb the full impact.

The series is gripping because you get to genuinely feel and experience what a black kid would have been treated ilike n New York in the 90s.

I found the prison scenes very upsetting and confronting. I generally enjoy my violence in movies,but I think it was the age of the "boys" and the realism is what shocked me. It was a very sad movie, you would like to think that it couldnt happen in 2019.

Its best to watch it in one sitting to fully absorb the full impact.
It was interesting that Farstein was removed from her board positions and dropped by her publishing label.

It really shows the reach of Netflix series now.

It was interesting that Farstein was removed from her board positions and dropped by her publishing label.

It really shows the reach of Netflix series' now.

I couldnt ever want to imagine what jail would be like for a man convicted of that kind of crime and being that young and being innocent.

Great series but very uncomfortable viewing. I’ve never felt so depressed watching a TV show.

Great series but very uncomfortable viewing. I’ve never felt so depressed watching a TV show.

Maybe a bit extreme, to say this, but its not the kind of show to watch when you are feeling down or depressed.

I felt a bit sick when that "kid" was being led away to be bashed and raped with the prison guard right there hitting him so he would let go.

Watching the doco and interview after the series with the actors brings some much needed relief and reminds you again it was "acting".

Yes I know its based on a true story. Dont like to think just how much they suffered. Like wanting to be closer to home and each time they sent 100's of miles further away. Cruel. Inhumane.

That first episode probably invoked the most pronounced feelings (anger) a series has ever been able to for me. I was ready to punch my TV seeing how those kids were treated.

I used to work in legal and was involved in a few youth detention cases so this does hit close to home.

I’m only half way, I wouldn’t exactly say it’s tough to watch, but the injustice is so frustrating it makes you extremely mad.

As a piece of drama, its very well produced, brilliant acting from the kids and definitely a recommended series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Oprah interview is illuminating too. Brilliant piece of work from all involved.
Completely agree. I never thought I would say that about an Oprah interview! Drove home for me the simple message that these were young kids who were horribly mistreated, in particular Korey. The hardest part for me was them talking about how they weren't really a group of 5, but rather 4 plus 1 given how different Korey's experience was. And you can see it in who Korey is now. Just heartbreaking.

Completely agree. I never thought I would say that about an Oprah interview! Drove home for me the simple message that these were young kids who were horribly mistreated, in particular Korey. The hardest part for me was them talking about how they weren't really a group of 5, but rather 4 plus 1 given how different Korey's experience was. And you can see it in who Korey is now. Just heartbreaking.
Agree, but we never saw Korey 'then' so it's impossible to try and get a line on him. I think one of the best things about the series was how Korey's part was left till the end. We didnt't know much about him but then we did... Korey's story was the kicker, to drive it all home and was directed and acted so well.
Perfectly timed as a narrative in my opinion.

Truly classy television, with a purpose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back