When they write "The story of the BF Crows Board", what chapters would you like to see in it?

PrideOf

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jul 17, 2001
Here, obviously
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AFC
I'm still flat after Alice Springs, so here's a distraction from the usual Burton/Hass/Mookay/Pyke/Jenkins/missed the premiership window stuff ...

... when the story of the BF Crows Board is written (and it will be, because it will be a blockbuster), which highlights will feature? Which chapters would you like to see written?

For me, it's "Silent J: Unintentional Comedian", "The Alex Years" or "Dyertribe's Transition".

What would you like to see in there?

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you paid by the wrong?” - The Life and Times of Crow Mo

He’s a loose what in defence?” - Spackler and AFGM talk tactics. Or something.

The Capacity Law” - Like Godwin’s Law, but better. This is the theory that as an Adelaide BF forum discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Neil Craig approaches 1.

The Mob: Unbreakable” - The original “Mob” has a bond that cannot be broken, no matter how much they disagree on any issue post Neil Craig. (Applying for mob membership is complicated, PM me for details. Don’t bother if you like the AFLW.)

Live from Vanuatu: Tippett is going to the Gold Coast” - The story of Jack is Back, the artist formerly known as AFGM.

How to avoid red cards and influence nobody” - Jenny’s guide to Big Footy

“Sanders enters a thread”

hAdDkXfmerCKlRMSP6IUjbqsEJwK5_9e3gdVSaRGm1EpTWGf80bF7NCXb-Wllfc5Y855wikwqErXhj-JEG752nK0j5vs7146tYeBvMQ=w450-h200-nc

Say no more

I disagree with Slippery Pete but I’m scared to say it in case people think I’m not part of the cool group” - Relax folks, I don’t bite.

“The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Moderators” - How Carl Spackler retained his status as most popular poster even after becoming a moderator. How did he do it?

“Here’s a Red Card for Breathing in my General Direction” - Vader’s memoirs

Last edited:

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Chapter 13

McCarthyism and the Adelaide board.

Whoever speaks about the white elephant in the room is either a port troll, rucci or even Kane cornes

May 7, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you paid by the wrong?” - The Life and Times of Crow Mo

He’s a loose what in defence?” - Spackler and AFGM talk tactics. Or something.

The Capacity Law” - Like Godwin’s Law, but better. This is the theory that as an Adelaide BF forum discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Neil Craig approaches 1.

The Mob: Unbreakable” - The original “Mob” has a bond that cannot be broken, no matter how much they disagree on any issue post Neil Craig. (Applying for mob membership is complicated, PM me for details. Don’t bother if you like the AFLW.)

Live from Vanuatu: Tippett is going to the Gold Coast” - The story of Jack is Back, the artist formerly known as AFGM.

How to avoid red cards and influence nobody” - Jenny’s guide to Big Footy

“Sanders enters a thread”

hAdDkXfmerCKlRMSP6IUjbqsEJwK5_9e3gdVSaRGm1EpTWGf80bF7NCXb-Wllfc5Y855wikwqErXhj-JEG752nK0j5vs7146tYeBvMQ=w450-h200-nc

Say no more

I disagree with Slippery Pete but I’m scared to say it in case people think I’m not part of the cool group” - Relax folks, I don’t bite.

“The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Moderators” - How Carl Spackler retained his status as most popular poster even after becoming a moderator. How did he do it?

“Here’s a Red Card for Breathing in my General Direction” - Vader’s memoirs
I think we found the perfect person to right the book.

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
"Yeah But That's Your Opinion" - an analysis of people who unnecessarily demand that others should end all posts with "in my opinion", even though all posts are only ever someone's opinion.

February F*ckwittery - a collection of posts made during the 2nd quarter of pre-season games that prematurely label a new recruit a bust/waste of a pick, or alternatively the second coming of Mark Ricciuto.

Right In Front of Me! - the best finals-related melts, namely the 2009 Semi and obviously the 2017 GF.

Fleecin' Meesen - for all the times people, namely Drummond, posted in 2006/7 that John Meesen was getting fleeced out of a debut despite being a crap morphing of Lucas Herbert and Chad Gibson.

In: Someone good, Out: Everyone currently at the club - the best of Scorpus' weekly team selection threads (love ya work Scorpus !)

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
The awareness chapter, maybe not actually needed in there as we are just aware of it anyway.

Phil Harper from footy GM to coffee GM

Corgies GIF chapter
Maybe we can release the book in February - take some of the gloss of the Pears summer premiership

Back