When will Geelong go away?

When will Geelong fall and become a cliche bottom 8 side

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily saying it won’t ever happen but not on a consistent level and not any time soon. Culture is huge. Clubs like Geelong(2007-now) hawks(2008-now and through 70s/80’s), swans(2005-now) just won’t spend many years outside the 8 at least in the forseable future.

But cultures can change, each of those clubs have had bad times.

Yet clubs like Collingwood, Carlton, Melbourne, Richmond(excluding 2017), Essendon, north have all had eras of high success but their culture has changed their dominance has waivered.

2021 is my pick - GAJ will be retired, Selwood will be closing up shop, plus Hawkins and Taylor I expect will be nearing the end if not retiring. Stephen Wells has remarkable form with mature-aged recruits and their list management team have been the best on the trade table but I think these holes will be too big to fill in just a few years.

Geelong will go out this year and stay out for a while. They'll hover around the 9-14 mark for a further 4 seasons. Very much like the hawks. :$ After that, no idea. My special gift I have can only forecast 5 years into the future.:devil:

Back