When will Hawthorn finally change their membership slogan?

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues2001

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria.
Other Teams
Carlton
It's ok guys, I'm not here to cause trouble.;)

However, I must say I am sick of seeing the slogan "Proud passionate & paid up" on every freakin bumper sticker on every freakin European car in the Eastern suburbs. That slogan has been on the stickers since 1997 which means if the Hawks go with it again for 2002 it will be the 6th straight season!

I really think it is time for change, don't you?

P.S I know Carlton's slogans aren't much better but at least they do change theirs every year:)

Why change something that works? I say keep it, as long as they change the actual sticker every year leave the 'proud passionate & paid up' part on there unless of course they manage to find something better.

How about this: (for a few years down the track)

Premiers last year, premiers the year before.....now join up so we can be premiers again!!!

Sound ok hey!

Originally posted by Blues2001

Why is 'it' working? I really don't think your high membership is down to that corny slogan;)

It is annoying you! lol, nah seriously I think the Hawthorn supporters have embraced it, and it is a well known slogan because of the fact it HAS worked. We have also had the one 'Will you be part of it?' for a while...

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club
It's working because it's readily identifiable with the club. Can you name any other club's membership hook?

I can't name one but Poormond and Melbum had one's close to the legendary ' Proud, passionate and paid up' Seems the other clubs will take the Hawthorn ideas

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club
It's working because it's readily identifiable with the club. Can you name any other club's membership hook?

Yeah. Collingwood and Essendon I think have both had:

Essendon. Forever.

Collinigwood. Forever.

I obviously remember Carlton's.

I've seen stuff like "be a part of it" countless times, but most clubs have had that at one time or another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Hawthorn slogan uses alliteration* to great affect (* starting each word with a 'P' in this case).

Might I suggest:

"Be Bland, Brown and Boring in 2002!"

Originally posted by TigerTank
That Hawthorn slogan uses alliteration* to great affect (* starting each word with a 'P' in this case).

Might I suggest:

"Be Bland, Brown and Boring in 2002!"

Alright though for Richmond to take 2/3 of our triple P's. Didn't Richmond have something similar?

The best one I remember was "Cat Attack 1990 - Sponsored by Pyramid Building Society" :D

As for our slogan - I think it's great myself, hence the reason a form of it appears in my signature. I guess it comes down to that old adage if it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

personally, i love our slogan as yes, we are proud of hawthorn and yes we are passionate and most of us are paid up (that includes me) and best of all the slogan's working so there's basically nothing to worry about!!! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back