Prediction When will players get their 1st game in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Well round 1 is done.

Lets have a crack at when some of the renaining players will get their 1st games in 2018.

Cole - round 3, needs another week off
Kennedy - round 5, week before Derby
Rioli - round 8, needs to get over his niggles and build fintness.
Watson - round 10 after smashing the door down with WAFL form
Petrucelle - round 8 after an injury to a small forward
Ah chee - round 10, needs time to get match fit

I'd love Rotham to come from nowhere and overtake Watson in the pecking order.
He seems to have had a good few weeks, which is good. Hopefully he keeps building on that.

Would suspect the current order of draftees would be: Ainswerth, Petrucelle, Watson, Rotham, our rd 2 draftee from this year, then maybe Rioli, (who should hopefully have recovered from his injuries by then.)

Id like him to take Mastens wing and we have our first tall winger since Embley.
Have been watching some old games from the 00’s- Embley was such a dynamic wingman at his best. Kicked goals, ran hard and his size made him such a good target for our backs to kick to. Would love for Rotham to develop that way!

Have been watching some old games from the 00’s- Embley was such a dynamic wingman at his best. Kicked goals, ran hard and his size made him such a good target for our backs to kick to. Would love for Rotham to develop that way!

Embley had some mongrel in him too.

Ainsworth has it and Id expect Brayshaw.:thumbsu:

Id like him to take Mastens wing and we have our first tall winger since Embley.

Matt Rosa. But yes, that's the best case scenario - he still needs to prove himself as a half decent ball winner up the ground. Short of that, I think he could also do well in Jetta's role as an unaccountable rebounding defender. He's a lot more damaging than Watson, so he's my preference if I had to choose one of them to come on.

He seems to have had a good few weeks, which is good. Hopefully he keeps building on that

Yeah. I mean as suggested in another thread Rotham probably just racked it up due to a mountain of ball coming into the defensive 50, so hopefully he can build some consistency after a disappointing first season.

Simmos keen on playing Rioli. So if he gets through the next two WAFL games then I could see him debut against GC. Ainsworth and Petch will debut before the bye. We could possibly give Brander a run against the GC if Kennedy doesn’t return in round 4, provided he’s had solid performances at EP. Brayshaw I think we will see post bye. Rotham and Watson too. I feel like we’ll see more of the ‘16 & ‘17 draftees than Masto, Parto, Mut and Karpany this season.

Shame about Ah Chee’s injury, probably won’t see him until round 7 or so.

Where did you get the stats from the weekends EP game? Haven’t been able to find anything.

Had to do it the hard way. I went here and had to filter to East Perth players (sorry can't link specifically for some reason). If you click on the players that played it takes you to their profile and it shows they've played one game this year and their stats.

Ainsworth 26d, 9m, 0t
Rotham 25d
Mutimer 11d
Karpany 15d, 1g
Partington 18d, 5t
Brayshaw 19d
Petrucelle 6d
M. Allen 12d, 4m
Bayok 9d
Brander 11d, 2m
England 18d
Rioli 7d
Watson 19d, 5m
McInnes 14d, 5m, 3t

That's just as many as I can be bothered putting up right now haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to do it the hard way. I went here and had to filter to East Perth players (sorry can't link specifically for some reason). If you click on the players that played it takes you to their profile and it shows they've played one game this year and their stats.

Ainsworth 26d, 9m, 0t
Rotham 25d
Mutimer 11d
Karpany 15d, 1g
Partington 18d, 5t
Brayshaw 19d
Petrucelle 6d
M. Allen 12d, 4m
Bayok 9d
Brander 11d, 2m
England 18d
Rioli 7d
Watson 19d, 5m
McInnes 14d, 5m, 3t

Oh man, haha. Good work though!

Any idea if Anus played inside or more on the wing?

Thanks for that mate.

How many debutants will we have this year?
Already Ryan, Venables & Waterman got their starts. Will all our 2017 draftees get a debut?
2016 contingent starting to look the goods too (if Rotham's WAFL stats are anything to go by).

8-9 debutants sounds like we're in full rebuild mode, so I have my doubts.

Ainsworth 26d, 9m, 0t
Rotham 25d
Mutimer 11d
Karpany 15d, 1g
Partington 18d, 5t
Brayshaw 19d
Petrucelle 6d
M. Allen 12d, 4m
Bayok 9d
Brander 11d, 2m
England 18d
Rioli 7d
Watson 19d, 5m
McInnes 14d, 5m, 3t

The statistic that is most alarming is that they lost by 17 goals..When east perth lost to south fremantle the week before without eagles players it was only by 10 goals.It will be interesting to see what the team for this week will be and how they go against subi.

It's great to hear Rotham is on the improve. Only seen bits and pieces of him but looked like he had the tools to make it if it all came together for him.

How good is it that we've had 3 debutants already and still have Brander, Ainsworth, Rioli, Petrucelle and guys like Watson & Rotham still to potentially debut this year. As well as Ah Chee who is at least a new player for us. There has to be at least a few really good AFL players in that lot.

Not sure to be honest. Don't think fitness will be a problem.
To me just screams potential and future star. I'm sure there are smarter and more knowledgeable people on this board that have more insight then myself.
Hope I'm right about him though

Ainsworth 26d, 9m, 0t
Rotham 25d
Mutimer 11d
Karpany 15d, 1g
Partington 18d, 5t
Brayshaw 19d
Petrucelle 6d
M. Allen 12d, 4m
Bayok 9d
Brander 11d, 2m
England 18d
Rioli 7d