Prediction When will players get their 1st game in 2018?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn’t mind us debuting Brander this week tbh. We won the i50’s but didn’t capitalise on it. He was able to compete against and outmark Johnson - a mature, seasoned AFL campaigner, as well as another Docker in the same contest during the scratchy. Not sure we’ll have much room for him up there once JK is back. JK, Darling, Brander and a resting ruck is a bit much. He looks lightning quick for his height too btw, watching him when he got that 5 minute run at the end of JLT two, he covered the ground bloody quickly to apply pressure to a Dockers player in our forward 50.

Would also be easier for his family to make it to the game, being from Wentworth.

Maybe, though I think he'd have to do a lot wrong to get delisted - the club after all was happy to give him longer. If anything it will just cost him the cash he was hoping for on his next deal.

This. His decision to opt for a one year contract doesn't mean we will throw him on the scrap heap after an early season injury. We will give him another year or even put him on the rookie list and see how he goes.

Seems everyone has forgotten about Oscar Allen. He will play at some stage this year.
Pick of the bunch this kid

I can see Waterman holding him out until Kennedy returns, possibly retaining his own position as well.

Last edited:
I was going to post this at the beginning of the season, but my Firefox crashed:
I think we will debut:
Liam Ryan, Jake Waterman, Daniel Venables in Round 1
Willie Rioli in Round 2
Jack Petruccelle in Round 6
Brayden Ainsworth in round 8
Jarrod Brander in round 13
Oscar Allen in round 16

... And we'll be a top 4 team when Allen debuts.

Just the 1 debutant to go this year. Francis Watson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back