When will the Carlton FC Arrive? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Cook needs to get a number of egos at Carlton to pull their heads in and get into this century. Great get by the Blues.

Now how's "search for a coach" going?

Some eggs on people's faces in this thread, particularly Essendon supporters, who really have no business criticising Carlton given that their administration were involved in the game's biggest ever scandal (that got international press). Will be expecting to see more eggs soon, given we have a Cook now.

Pretty sure we can criticise Carlton as much as we want actually especially given their onfield performances in 2021 after pumping up their tires all preseason with their big new recruits.

I think its pretty exciting for Carlton that they'll be able to get their 5th or 6th choice of coach after the rest of them have dropped out of the race.

Salt mines are already beginning to pile up. You love to see it.

The media narrative and has been the club is a basket case, yet we’ve just signed the best CEO in the business.

Our preferred coach is also now very short odds of taking the head coach role.

Interesting few weeks coming up.

Salt mines are already beginning to pile up. You love to see it.

The media narrative and has been the club is a basket case, yet we’ve just signed the best CEO in the business.

Our preferred coach is also now very short odds of taking the head coach role.

Interesting few weeks coming up.

Huh ? Why will anyone be salty? Can he coach ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sooo despite certain Carlton posters' prognostications, that would indeed mean they fired a CEO before actually having a new one lined up (just the possibility of getting who they want) - just like they did with Teague.

But apparently we're all too stupid to understand the brilliant genius of Luke Sayers and his 'Big 4' corporate experience of firing everyone who disagrees with him/going over the heads of anyone who gets in his way.

Would be refreshing if I could just hear a few people say 'you know what, Sayers is a complete tool and the inner factions of admin are completely broken and way too focused on short-term success rather than long term environment/morale.' Pagan came out and said as much about his time there 20+ years ago, and it seems not much has changed.
Or you know, maybe he had cook signed up a month ago like several ITK's had stated and was just leaving you all hanging so people such as yourselves would jump in to play the part of the fool.

Cook✅
Clarko❓❓would be massive for the Blues.

A chance of a flag in 5 years rather than 8-9 if they procured the services of the two best in Australian sport.

Any chance Sayers has been putting out smoke screens for six months to give Chris Scott cover?

Pretty sure we can criticise Carlton as much as we want actually especially given their onfield performances in 2021 after pumping up their tires all preseason with their big new recruits.

I think its pretty exciting for Carlton that they'll be able to get their 5th or 6th choice of coach after the rest of them have dropped out of the race.
We just landed the best football administrator in the past few decades. I don't know what coach we'll get, but if this influences Clarkson and we get him, I'm going to bump up this post and laugh hysterically at you.

But we probably won't, I'm fine with someone like Pyke - but even then, getting Cook is a big deal, most other opposition supporters are acknowledging that. So stop embarrassing yourself by pathetically trying to downplay it. Your season really wasn't too better than ours, in fact you just got a record for no goals in a half for a final since the 50's. I'd rather miss the finals than get a record like that. This is on top of all the other things, like drug cheating, so you're not really one to talk about how clubs are run. Go back to whatever hole you came from, but if you do, get a damn avatar.

Or maybe not. The B is fitting. For Bullshit.

Carlton are a very “let’s hope lighting strikes twice” sorta organisation.

Bringing in coaches like Pagan, Malthouse to replicate their success at other clubs.

Hawthorn assistants are winning flags at every other club!?!? Let’s bring in Bolton!

Brian Cook 65 years old after a 32 year career lets hope he relives that glory at our organisation!

They always feels a step behind to me and never blazing their own trail. Anyways Cook is a good pick up you would think and if people listen to him can probably get that board into shape you’d hope?

It's not Cook's role to get the board in shape imo. It's the boards role...driven by the President...who need to sort themselves out.

I've heard numerous successful exec's speak over the years and they all state how it starts at the top (the board) and flows to the CEO and the exec layer.

Same at the Tiges with Peggy and Brendan. As it was when the Hawks were winning flags (it wasn't Kennet was it)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back