When will the Carlton FC Arrive? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Sour rubbish ?? mate you obviously have no mirrors at your place.... some of your replies to others on here are nothing short of pathetic !!
Lets deal in facts your pathetically run club has made a meal out of this whole fiasco true or false ?
Such as?

Sour rubbish ?? mate you obviously have no mirrors at your place.... some of your replies to others on here are nothing short of pathetic !!
Lets deal in facts your pathetically run club has made a meal out of this whole fiasco true or false ?
The process started with a review, and is slowly changing with appointments in key roles.

President - Sayers
CEO - Cook
Coach - TBD

It's important to get the personnel right and then focus on improving the club. Let's wait until we see the coach appointment before casting judgement.

The process may have taken longer than the media or other impatient whiners like you would like, but its a means to an end.

Get a grip and stop being so sour.

We just signed the best CEO in the business.

Clearly not that badly run ;)

One thing is for sure, the Cook appointment really has brought down the house of cards belief the club is a rabble off field.

Some of our more prolific opposition posters are now subsequently MIA after squealing for a couple of months.

Interesting.

When next season actually commences, we will have (a) a new president, (b) a new senior coach, (c) a new team of assistant coaches, (d) a new CEO & (e) four new board members.

How this cannot be viewed as a dramatic improvement on what we had this year is completely beyond me.

Everyone in the footy world has s**t-canned us from pillar to post for season 2021 so I also don't understand why everyone in the football world is conveniently overlooking that we had to make some strategic changes.

Who gives a rodent's rectum how long it takes us to get those people in place ??

Isn't it more important to get better quality people into the organisation rather than just continuing on with the status quo ??

The cynic in me thinks the biggest reason so many scribes & opposition supporters are laying the boots in now is because they may not get another chance for some time if we get the management structure right as expected.

Supposedly Sayers biggest faux-pas have been the suggestions we "want an experienced coach" & we want to play finals next year" which are hardly hanging offences when the club has been out of finals action for some years plus the best coach of the past 25-years comes onto the market.

I do find it odd that 10 clubs in total made enquiries about Clarkson's services yet we are the only ones who have "missed out" or been snubbed.

Time for a lot of people to take a step back and patiently watch it unfold from a distance.

bwahaha look at this flog, pumping up his own tyres.

Good to see him picking up where Mark LoGiudice left with an email gloating about his own personal achievements at the club

What would you prefer he say ........ we are a s**t club and we don't want quality administrators ??

FFS .............. go and have a drink of kool-aid with Hirdy will ya !!

Your team hasnt made the top 6 or won a final in 17 consecutive seasons.

We are a mess but at least we aren't in denial. Learn to admit your situation, dont pretend theres no problem. That's how you got into the systemic steroid injecting peptide scandal in 2012 in the first place.

What did he say that wasn't true? What are we in 'denial' about and what is the 'problem' you are talking about?
Sure we haven't won a final or made top 6 in 17 seasons (which IS terrible) but that wont have any baring over Rutten's tenure. The signs are looking good so far.
Carlton hasn't made top 4 in any of those seasons and have only made top 6 once in the past TWENTY seasons. They have five spoons in the same period. They have only made finals once in ten years, and that was when Essendon were kicked out. But I don't think any of that will have much influence on Carlton's future either.

What would you prefer he say ........ we are a sh*t club and we don't want quality administrators ??

FFS .............. go and have a drink of kool-aid with Hirdy will ya !!
Or he could say something professional like this....

"We welcome Brian Cook to the CFC, with his experience we'll build a strong foundation for many generations to come."

Not that tyre pumping gloating dribble he has posted.

"We welcome Brian Cook to the CFC, with his experience we'll build a strong foundation for many generations to come."

I think he was giving the media a kick up the backside mate, you missed the whole point of it, and they have welcomed Cooke to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit of positive PR mate. Attempt to rally the faithful who are desperate for some good news (especially on the negative cesspool that is Twitter).

Not my style of announcement but no harm done.

I haven't really bought into the "media are bashing us wah" rhetoric with this whole thing, I do think we have put a target on our backs.

However it is funny to see how criticised we were for sacking Teague and chasing Lyon/Clarkson without any process, pundits imploring us to undergo a process this time.

Turns out we do have a process and everyone takes the piss out of us.

Can't win.

What did he say that wasn't true? What are we in 'denial' about and what is the 'problem' you are talking about?
Sure we haven't won a final or made top 6 in 17 seasons (which IS terrible) but that wont have any baring over Rutten's tenure. The signs are looking good so far.
Carlton hasn't made top 4 in any of those seasons and have only made top 6 once in the past TWENTY seasons. They have five spoons in the same period. They have only made finals once in ten years, and that was when Essendon were kicked out. But I don't think any of that will have much influence on Carlton's future either.
As I said, Carlton have been a mess for awhile. The Bombers guy was in denial about the Bombers epic fails.

It wasn't meant to be a comparison, just that we both have sucked. But for argument's sake, if you wanted to see who has been worse in the last decade, don't you think shooting up your entire list with PEDs and who knows what else trumps all?

Your team hasnt made the top 6 or won a final in 17 consecutive seasons.

We are a mess but at least we aren't in denial. Learn to admit your situation, dont pretend theres no problem. That's how you got into the systemic steroid injecting peptide scandal in 2012 in the first place.
Since 2001 Essendon has qualified for finals 10 times.
In that same time, Carlton has qualified for finals 3 times. 3 times in 20 seasons, with the last time being 2011.
We got kicked out in 2013 and you guys replaced us so we played in 9 finals series (last 2021) and Carlton in 4 (last 2013).
That's comfortably the worst record outside of Gold Coast. GWS who entered the competition 9 years ago already has more finals appearances than Carlton have in 20 years.

In that same period, we have 1 wooden spoon. Carlton has 5 wooden spoons, which means that Carlton has more wooden spoons than top 8 finishes.

We don't have a great record, but it's not even close to how bad Carlton have been.
Our problem is that we've been languishing in the middle of the ladder for 20 years. Not terrible, but never contenders.

Carlton have been collecting spoons and finishing bottom 4, which is a whole different level of bad.

As I said, Carlton have been a mess for awhile. The Bombers guy was in denial about the Bombers epic fails.

It wasn't meant to be a comparison, just that we both have sucked. But for argument's sake, if you wanted to see who has been worse in the last decade, don't you think shooting up your entire list with PEDs and who knows what else trumps all?

I understand, I just found it hilarious that you would bring up stats such as top 6 finishes when you have only had one yourself in twenty years.
I think when it comes to poor governance, our drug scandal trumps anything Carlton have done in a long time. Which is actually really concerning for Carlton. We were penalized pretty severely for that - got kicked out of the finals, player bans that lead to our first spoon in a long time, players leaving and a host of other consequences such as litigation etc.
As poor as our club has been run, it is astounding to see Carlton still lagging behind us. At least we have made finals three times in the past five years. Carlton got a spoon and a couple of bottom four finishes.

I do find it odd that 10 clubs in total made enquiries about Clarkson's services yet we are the only ones who have "missed out" or been snubbed.
How is that odd?

Every other club in the league has a coach.

Retrograde move by Cook. He’s on a hiding to nothing. After 23 years building a fantastic reputation as a very successful administrator he can only sully it by taking on this disaster of a club. Just not worth the aggravation at his stage in life. Surely he doesn’t need the money that badly.

Cook would need to turn the Blues fortunes around pretty quickly, otherwise he’ll get knifed, just like the others. It’s the Carlton way.

The ongoing Essendon/Carlton cripple fight is amusing.

Glad most Carlton supporters have now tapped out and it’s only Bombers fans scrapping for territory.

Like it or not the only real metric that matters is premierships, with finals wins a distant second. Carlton is obviously ahead on this front the past decades, but it’s not a major achievement.

Bomber fans chest puffing on the basis of scraping into finals and being predictably belted is giving me some serious déjà vu. History repeating.

The ongoing Essendon/Carlton cripple fight is amusing.

Glad most Carlton supporters have now tapped out and it’s only Bombers fans scrapping for territory.

Like it or not the only real metric that matters is premierships, with finals wins a distant second. Carlton is obviously ahead on this front the past decades, but it’s not a major achievement.

Bomber fans chest puffing on the basis of scraping into finals and being predictably belted is giving me some serious déjà vu. History repeating.
Agree with the third paragraph. The rest isn’t chest puffing, just pointing out to Carlton nuffies chest puffing about us not winning a final isn’t all that relevant.

At the end of the day Cook is a good appointment and you guys should be happy. Not sure about the Sayers tweet declaring you a destination club based on that though. Little bit pathetic IMO but I guess after the past couple of months Carlton fans need something to be happy about. Enjoy it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back