When will the Carlton FC Arrive? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

What does contend/make finals even mean?

They are not one in the same thing.

I am not predicting who will be the first to make finals and make up the numbers.

My 'guess' about who will contend first is just that, using the minimal data I have at my disposal as neither team imo has the makings of a premiership contender.

Thirdly, why would I want to make a bet with someone I don't even know?

Move on.

Was happy to give you the benefit of the doubt, but you are a time waster. Claiming that the Pies would make finals/contend before Carlton, but when pressed you retreat waving a white flag.

I guess I will just keep calling out your time wasting circular content ;)

I don't have a SportsBet account.

Though I do actually know people who work at SportsBet.

Well aren't you well connected lol ... look at you go ...

Where do you think Carlton will finish end of 2022?

I could say in answer to that: why do you think Carlton will finish in 2022? I knew they were struggling but I didn’t think it was that bad. 😉

Without fully considering every team's 2022 prospects, I have Carlton in a group where like a lot of other clubs if everything goes right they could finish about 6th or 7th, if plenty goes wrong as low as 14th, and anything outside that range either way would surprise me. I don’t see them challenging the best 2-3 teams in finals.

No, I would rather have a vigorous, fair and reasonable, balanced debate with someone that understands the game ;)

Well if you help them to “understand" the game, you might just get that.

Or is it you are afraid to display your wisdom on the matter? Don’t be, it is not like we are sitting here waiting to dissect every word and tear it to shreds or anything. 😂

Or is it you are afraid to display your wisdom on the matter? Don’t be, it is not like we are sitting here waiting to dissect every word and tear it to shreds or anything. 😂

Correct, that's what I'm here for.

How desperate for interaction does one need to be to seek out bets with people on internet forums that they don't even know.

There's a real world out there buddy. Get amongst it!

Come on mate, show a bit of conviction and put your money where your mouth is!

Surely after all these successful rebuilds there’s no doubt Collingwood will be jagging flags before the Blues.

No, I would rather you keep making foolish claims and we continue to shoot them down

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't even a financial wager, just a fun outcome wager. How precious

Well I have had one bet on this forum. I bet that Melbourne would finish in the top half of the ladder in 2020. They finished 9th, so I was lucky. My advice is don’t bet against lucky people. 😁

Anyway, nail your colours to the mast on the Blues and propose some bets around them. I can say with reasonable confidence I am not afraid to bet, as I have a little bit of background in betting. Betting large sums with people on here is out of the question due to escrow issues. But happy to negotiate some bets for a beer or a free voucher to the Tigerland Superstore or whatever for the fun of it.

Come at me with your bet proposals Blues supporters….😁

Well I have had one bet on this forum. I bet that Melbourne would finish in the top half of the ladder in 2020. They finished 9th, so I was lucky. My advice is don’t bet against lucky people. 😁

Anyway, nail your colours to the mast on the Blues and propose some bets around them. I can say with reasonable confidence I am not afraid to bet, as I have a little bit of background in betting. Betting large sums with people on here is out of the question due to escrow issues. But happy to negotiate some bets for a beer or a free voucher to the Tigerland Superstore or whatever for the fun of it.

Oh no, you're one of them?!?

😮😮😮😮

Carlton will contend/make finals before the Pies 😉

Club was expecting top 8 this year but injuries derailed our season. SO I think expecting top 6 at minimum with an AFL average injury list is feasible.
I think it was injuries and a tough start to the season.

We basically played the eventual Top 8 all across the first 10 round, Richmond (not Top 8 but the reigning premiers) Port, Brisbane, Essendon, Bulldogs, Melbourne all inside the First 10 round. Sydney and GWS in the next band of 3.

That, combined with injuries, really put us on the backfoot and we struggled to recover.

Teague's inability to beat the top sides shone true throughout.

I dont think Carlton’s midfield was to blame this season. An independent committee concluded the key issue was lack of emphasis on defence on the whole.

I think Carlton’s midfield was clearly a problem especially based on the 2021 season where Walsh played a loan hand for much of the year.

I don’t see the relevance of Essendon’s improvement from 13th to 8th has to do with Carlton needing Cripps to get back to top form if they are going to push for the top parts of the ladder?

I don’t think it matters too much tbh.

Reckon he’s going to hit form again eventually, but he’s not in our most important players currently. Walsh, Weitering, McKay and Cerra are our key stakeholders moving forward.

We should be pushing regardless what kind of form Cripps is in.

I don’t think it matters too much tbh.

Reckon he’s going to hit form again eventually, but he’s not in our most important players currently. Walsh, Weitering, McKay and Cerra are our key stakeholders moving forward.

We should be pushing regardless what kind of form Cripps is in.

I think that’s fairly wishful thinking. If Carlton are to push top which was the context my original comment was in. Cripps would need to be firing on all cylinders. Also think he needs to be dominant to be effective as he’s poor defensively and doesn’t cover the ground well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back