Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
Anywhere form 10-14 for me depending upon injuries etc. 2022 was always the year to step up for me and if we can fix a few things I still believe it

So we are currently 14th with a percentage better than 3 teams above us, have played every top 8 side but Geelong and have had an ordinary season from an injury point of view. I'd have thought that would have met your expectations.

Unless, the coach selects the team and game plan that you think is best. No need to bother replying to this, it's just a tad predictable.

blue healer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 25, 2010
wagga wagga
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't think any of it is dogshit but I think the issues lie in those areas more than they do the list. I'm really really not convinced that our list is really good yet but thats different to 'to die for'.

I'm also a northern beaches blue, so is another semi-regular poster hah

I'll be the one there on Saturday wearing the Teague mask. :D

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Doesn't matter how fit a player is, if they don't want to run both ways they just won't.

Too many Carlton folk spend too much of their time looking for reasons outside the players themselves for our deficiencies. Basic opinion is that we've put together a list to die for and if we under perform it's because of the coach, development or the fitness guru. More than one chapter in our story IMO.
The basic opinion is absolutely not that the list is to die for. That might have been the thoughts of a lot of fans back in 2019 and guys like David King but things have changed a lot since then.

I agree our fans can be too quick to pin it all on one bloke though. I’m not pinning things all on a fitness coach. The players haven’t come on as expected.

Dow, SPS, Fisher, Setterfield, Cuningham, O’Brien etc were still very young. A lot wasn’t known about them. They still had that exciting word potential you could label to them. Even just one or two of them developing as midfielders would have been huge.

Marchbank and Curnow weren’t massive risks of never panning out. Curnow was ready to truly break out.

Docherty still was an unknown as to how he would return.

Then was Walsh, McKay and Weitering. All starting to play some exciting footy.

So yes in 2019, that’s a promising bunch with potential. Out of all those Walsh, McKay and Weitering are the only ones to begin blossoming into stars.

For every other player I listed above I’m not sure if things could have gone any worse. It has left the club pretty light on for talent and in a strange position where our better players are hitting their footy primes but don’t have the cattle to go with them.

Dangerousfield

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Will they arrive this weekend against a wobbly GWS? Will they continue to select Marc Murphy thereby sacrificing what's best for the team in order to pander Murphy to 300 games?

This is the thread that keeps on giving, unlike Carlton

Ron The Bear

Up yer arse, AFL
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Murphy dropped (not an emergency) suggests Carlton has told Teague it's your team, do what you want to do because you're going to stand or fall on results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Watching the game today, I dont know what the hell Carlton is doing. Are they experimenting? They have too many players ahead of the ball and aren't taking the game on. Too slow, too wide, too predictable. No flow up forward.

Apr 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Williams and Saad to a lesser extent have copped it this season but Jack Martin is as bad if not worse….he’s had a few injuries since coming to the blues but he must play 2-3 better than average games a season. He’s just a lazy and soft footballer. Provides nothing.

Cripps and Doherty also need a kick up the bum…their leadership this season has been deplorable….Sam Walsh needs to be given the captaincy asap…Carlton as club were summed up tonight with their lack of support for Walsh who copped a heavy tag.

Huge issues both on and off the field for the blues…another huge off-season awaits

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Carlton could use someone like Dodoro as list manager. Too many times they've overpaid for bog average talent. Martin, Williams, Saad, McGovern - wtf were they thinking?
And getting Betts back, as a 32 year old. Why? He’s so overrated it’s not funny. He kicks 2-3 goals every 3rd week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back