When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

Pyke very much in the discussion to come to Blues. Feeling is Brad Scott will coach Pies. We may have one last crack at Clarkson but unlikely now. He will most likely take year off.

Many discussions happening with possible Assist Coaches. Hard to get commitments without knowing who Senior Coach will be. So many balls up in the air but we are speaking with lots of people.

Board already has preliminary report from review so are starting to act

IMO Pyke would make a good Head of Football

Pyke very much in the discussion to come to Blues. Feeling is Brad Scott will coach Pies. We may have one last crack at Clarkson but unlikely now. He will most likely take year off.

Many discussions happening with possible Assist Coaches. Hard to get commitments without knowing who Senior Coach will be. So many balls up in the air but we are speaking with lots of people.

Does this mean teague is 100% gone or are we assessing possible options.

Is keeping Teague for 1 more year an option and then going after Clarkson?

Sounds like there’s some member agitation about the power and lack of accountability of the current board.

Do we think board icons Matheson and Pratt deserve to be held accountable for their influence on the last decade on the board?

Seems they got Judd and Malthouse to the club, but perhaps money can’t buy ultimate success. They hired and fired favourite son SOS.

What are your thoughts Carlton fans?

They have had their time, time to go.

The constitutional changes being rushed through are a major concern.

Removal of the requirement of board members to have 2yrs of membership is farcical.

Increasing tenure of President to 5yrs in isolation is ok, but to allow a board member towards end of their max board tenure 12yrs, to then carry on for a further 5 if elected president is not good.

Ie Sayers. 9yrs on the board. If it gets up, he will leave after 14yrs

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

Sounds like there’s some member agitation about the power and lack of accountability of the current board.

Do we think board icons Matheson and Pratt deserve to be held accountable for their influence on the last decade on the board?

Seems they got Judd and Malthouse to the club, but perhaps money can’t buy ultimate success. They hired and fired favourite son SOS.

What are your thoughts Carlton fans?

I think Sayers will be his own man. He has the support of Mathieson & Pratt for money to pay out people and get right people. That is an advantage. We need a strong Director of Football.

For all the problems we are getting better. Off field is very good. The best we have been in 30 years if not ever. That is always a requirement of success. Look at the successful Hawthorn, Geelong & Richmond of the past 20 years. MLG and the board have done a great job in this regard.

Now it's about getting the football department right. Sayers will clear out the problems and establish a group he believes will have the best chance to succeed. At the moment we are still carrying major cultural issues from the past. Deal with that and we will step up quickly.

I think Sayers will be his own man. He has the support of Mathieson & Pratt for money to pay out people and get right people.
Do you think the cash provided is unconditional though?

Bruce has certainly got the people in that he’s wanted over the last decade. And got them sacked as well.

Transparency of the independent review is critical, and following through with the recommendations.

It’s the latter that is the concern. Hopefully the full review is made public to club members to ensure the process is being followed and full transparency is given.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think the cash provided is unconditional though?

Bruce has certainly got the people in that he’s wanted over the last decade. And got them sacked as well.

Transparency of the independent review is critical, and following through with the recommendations.

It’s the latter that is the concern. Hopefully the full review is made public to club members to ensure the process is being followed and full transparency is given.

Bruce hasn’t had the influence people think. They will provide the money to move forward. My understanding is the board is united on this and will support Sayers decisions

I don’t care if we see the review or not just that the issues are addressed and not ignored

There will be some tough decisions that need to be made to take this club forward and be successful. I really hope they are good enough to make them

Last edited:
Bruce hasn’t had the influence people think. They will provide the money to move forward. My understanding is the board is united on this and will support Sayers decisions

I don’t care if we see the review or not just that the issues are addressed and not ignored.
With cash comes conditions. It’s naive to think otherwise.

Lack of transparency from the review means that you will never know if the findings are carried out. This is critical.

Otherwise the review is just a front for one persons whim.

With cash comes conditions. It’s naive to think otherwise.

Lack of transparency from the review means that you will never know if the findings are carried out. This is critical.

Otherwise the review is just a front for one persons whim.

Cash means they want success. That’s the criteria

they will most likely release findings anyway. I don’t care as long as we fix issues

Surely whoever gets the Carlton coaching gig will be very happy. They’ve got a ton of young talent and will add another high first round pick this year and have shown the capacity to attract players via free agency/trade.

Surely whoever gets the Carlton coaching gig will be very happy. They’ve got a ton of young talent and will add another high first round pick this year and have shown the capacity to attract players via free agency/trade.

Their list is average. They don't have a midfield. They have one very very good player. The rest are B grade at best.

Another underachieving day. Throw $2m a season at Clarko.
Players make coaches. Hence Clarksons side is now 17th. Of course he is a fantastic coach, but a lot more involved than him. You draft a couple of duds instead of Hodge, Roughead and Rioli and you don’t see a 3 peat.

Hence why so many premiership coaches never go well elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back