When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

Play the dogs who they have a good record against, the dees who they’ve lost their last 5 to (4 of those 5 games have been decided by under 3 goals) then the hawks who have owned them since 2005. Should go 2-1 imo they’ve got enough talent to beat us or the dogs and the hawks game is a non negotiable.

Play the dogs who they have a good record against, the dees who they’ve lost their last 5 to (4 of those 5 games have been decided by under 3 goals) then the hawks who have owned them since 2005. Should go 2-1 imo they’ve got enough talent to beat us or the dogs and the hawks game is a non negotiable.

As someone said earlier, we will probably beat one of dogs or melb then lose to Hawthorn.

I don't think we can count on our injured players being any less injury prone.

We have major issues and I'd suggest it's more than assistant coaches.

Did enough to beat a young Essendon side yesterday which will turn down the temperature, haven't seen a heap of Carlton this year but I did notice something yesterday, that game style is not going to work in pressure games against good teams. You can run and gun against a young Bombers side (who play that way anyway) but the lack of team defence stood out and it will lead to many valiant defeats against good sides. Having a gun player in the forward line, midfield and backline masks that issue. My 2C.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did enough to beat a young Essendon side yesterday which will turn down the temperature, haven't seen a heap of Carlton this year but I did notice something yesterday, that game style is not going to work in pressure games against good teams. You can run and gun against a young Bombers side (who play that way anyway) but the lack of team defence stood out and it will lead to many valiant defeats against good sides. Having a gun player in the forward line, midfield and backline masks that issue. My 2C.

Some Carlton supporters are singing from the same hymn book here. Our wins this year have been paper over the cracks. We don't work hard enough defensively in the midfield or forward line. Hardest gig in the AFL is being a Carlton defender.

That being said was nice to see some big defensive efforts from kids like Parkes, Stocker and Owies. Hopefully they push the drift wood out of the side and keep them out.

Yesterday showed to me why we are on the right track

The reserves are now strong and players are getting developed properly

Example is Cuningham Owies Srocker and the unlucky Dow. All looked confident and ready to play their role. Came in in form and played positions they were suited. Although I believe Stocker will move to the midfield. SPS in his right spot looked better. This is the area that will make all the difference to us

In the Reserves Setterfield O’Brien Kennedy Honey Ramsay Williamson Durdin are all going well and looking like AFL players. Importantly they are playing to their strengths and will come in with confidence and a good block of football under them in a quality side

TDK & Newman are able to come back into quality football and will be ready in a week or so

Drafting and talent is not the issue. Never has been. It has been development. We are now getting it right and it’s starting to show.

I have big questions about our game style and structure but we are finally seeing our talent growing.

Over the next few weeks TDK Newman Martin Silvagni Williams Fisher will be available and will need to play well and earn their spots.

Massive change and positive

They lost to Essendon but reckon the Bombers will be the better team from 2023 onward.

We will see, its one thing to come in a play well as a young kid for a week or two, even the season. Ask Paddy Dow. Team know nothing about you and you are allowed to play your game, you are not sore and mentally its all positive. Bet by this time next season half the kids that were impressive for the bombers are playing VFL and looking for form.

The upside for Carlton is they have the top end talent. Walsh, Weitering, McKay and Cripps assuming he gets back to his best.

I think football is increasingly about how good your top 5 or so players are with the rest of the team being filled with guys playing a role.
We were also missing a few that are best 22...Curnow, Martin, Williams, Fisher, TDK, Newman, SOS we can argue about others but we get much stronger than the team from yesterday with even a few of these back in.

We were also missing a few that are best 22...Curnow, Martin, Williams, Fisher, TDK, Newman, SOS we can argue about others but we get much stronger than the team from yesterday with even a few of these back in.

Everyones got injuries. Really only see Williams and Martin as meaningful outs from that list. Fisher has plenty of upside though.

We will see, its one thing to come in a play well as a young kid for a week or two, even the season. Ask Paddy Dow. Team know nothing about you and you are allowed to play your game, you are not sore and mentally its all positive. Bet by this time next season half the kids that were impressive for the bombers are playing VFL and looking for form.

I don’t think there’s any logic to this. Dow was never any good.

Everyones got injuries. Really only see Williams and Martin as meaningful outs from that list. Fisher has plenty of upside though.
JSOS is our biggest out.

We've won every game he's played whilst he's also been in our best. Were even beating Richmond in Rd1 before he was subbed off with an injury.

Williams is meh, he's not fit. How is he unable to get up for games due to "general soreness" this early in the season? What's he been doing? Needs 6 weeks in the cage with this guru Russell to get him right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back