When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

A fit Cripps Williams Casboult along with Martin TDK Newman Fisher makes our side much better.

I’m looking forward to seeing Carroll Kemp Ramsay & Durdin step up

Dow O’Brien SPS Stocker now need to be played and in their right spots.

Issue is we can’t rely on best side all the time and doesn’t solve our defensive issues. I also don’t think we get the best out of our talent by playing players in the wrong positions

I believe so, but we don't need to match. Just need to offer enough that both are happy with.
As much as I don't want to lose Cripps and hope he can get back to his best, I wouldn't begrudge him if he wanted to go back to WA. If he left for any other team than Freo or WC, then I'd be annoyed. I also don't think we'd miss him as much as people would think.
Harry is the one that we need to sign on.
You’ve been saying Cripps > Bont for years. And now you’re saying you won’t miss him if he left. Woweee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ex Plowman hopeful..
Plowman needs to go, at best he is depth or 7th Defender..

Wouldn't get a game in any top 8 team and opposition try and play through his man...

Opposition coaches and supporters, the media, ex Carlton greats don't rate him..
Only people that rate him are the Carlton match committee and Carlton bigfooty board..

Our back 7 should be

Docherty - Jones - Parks
Williams - Weitering - Saad

7th defended - Newman

I think Plowman gets harshly treated. He's been good the last couple of years. Get's the hard jobs. I'd hate to be a defender in our side at the moment.

Interesting that Plowman was recruited as a big bodied mid/running HB by GWS and made a defender because of all the mids they had. SOS always said he was a midfielder.

You’ve been saying Cripps > Bont for years. And now you’re saying you won’t miss him if he left. Woweee.
Firstly, I haven't been saying Cripps over Bont at all. I've been saying they're both great players, with slightly different games and shouldn't be compared at all.
Secondly, I didn't say we wouldn't miss him. Looks like you forgot to finish reading the whole sentence. Have another look. It's right there in my quote that replied to.
Thirdly, even if I was saying what you claimed I was, one doesn't necessarily negate the other.

Being the best in the league still eclipses being the best in your team, and club BnF’s are doctored to the extreme.
Regardless of how you look at it, the Bont has already had a better career than Cripps, and the gap is likely to increase exponentially over the next handful of years.

I'm actually still trying to work out how he was awarded the league's most valuable player in a team that won only 7 games. Does that mean if he didn't play, they would have only won 3 or 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back