When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

Agree with just about all of that - except Cripps forward. Has been tried heaps and never works.

Just about time to give Cripps 6 weeks off and see if we can get his body right I reckon. I know yesterday wasn't his worst game and he got that late running goal for some good feels, but dude is still clearly not right. Moving like a 35 year old.
Mundy says hi

Can play inside and outside. Is a player that commands attention for opposition defenders. Instead of chasing Saad who cost you a top 10 draft pick. He would have been a perfect inclusion to take some heat off Cripps, Walsh and Williams. And you could have added another highly rated kid with pick 10!
We wanted him but collingwood wouldn’t draft him to Carlton because he is a Carlton supporter, Collingwood we’re afraid

Agree with just about all of that - except Cripps forward. Has been tried heaps and never works.

Just about time to give Cripps 6 weeks off and see if we can get his body right I reckon. I know yesterday wasn't his worst game and he got that late running goal for some good feels, but dude is still clearly not right. Moving like a 35 year old.

They really need confirmation of where he's at given the contract thing. If it's just temporary injury, you throw the kitchen sink at him. Whereas if he's actually shot, you lowball him, let him walk and cop a sweet compo pick.

He looked shocking yesterday, first time i've seen him live for a long time.

Wierd flex by Carlton and there cohort of supporters.

I mean kudos for winning an easy game the hard way against a side many tipped to be in the bottom handful of sides.

Don’t bludgeon me with “we were missing x, y, z”, Essendon had there fair share of ours and notwithstanding, every team has them.

Again, I maintain, most educated people would still like to have Essendon’s list over Carlton’s for the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have missed the flex, it sure wasn't in this thread :drunk:

Not suited to Teague's run and gun game style. Struggles to keep up. When fatigue kicks in and pace slows he comes back into it.

Won the MVP in 2019 with Teague coaching half of that year.

I just can't buy that a bloke as good as he is is purely a victim of game style. Its more than that, you can see it. Is no where near the beast he was or as clean with his hands in packs where pace isn't a factor. He's wearing a massive brace, you can see the bulge on his lower back when you get a side-on shot of him.

Last edited:

I mean kudos for winning an easy game the hard way against a side many tipped to be in the bottom handful of sides.

Don’t bludgeon me with “we were missing x, y, z”, Essendon had there fair share of ours and notwithstanding, every team has them.

Again, I maintain, most educated people would still like to have Essendon’s list over Carlton’s for the future.

we're pretty average. the difference between us and maybe some of the teams that are out and out s**t is that we're in our games, though have been flattered by the scoreboard too. no smashings...yet. most supporters are in a state of hope rather than belief that we haven't cocked up a rebuild. maybe we can turn the corner this year? we hope.

i think most of the happiness has come from winning our yearly cripple fight with essendon.

They really need confirmation of where he's at given the contract thing. If it's just temporary injury, you throw the kitchen sink at him. Whereas if he's actually shot, you lowball him, let him walk and cop a sweet compo pick.

He looked shocking yesterday, first time i've seen him live for a long time.

Thing is, he looked that way by round 2, so I'm betting (unfortunately) its the sort of thing that isn't necessarily going to get better with rest - which would kinda fit with him not being rested at any stage this year or last.

Such a shame. Think I've said previously in this thread, just when we're on the cusp of getting a genuine elite 1-2 punch in the middle this s**t happens. Forget recruiting/development (which admittedly is a big issue) - in a perfect world I'd just wanna see this team without 3 key injuries; Doc, Curnow and Cripps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we're pretty average. the difference between us and maybe some of the teams that are out and out sh*t is that we're in our games, though have been flattered by the scoreboard too. no smashings...yet. most supporters are in a state of hope rather than belief that we haven't cocked up a rebuild. maybe we can turn the corner this year? we hope.

Richmonds rebuild was considered a failure at the end of 2016, as was Melbourne's before this year. You have some excellent pieces in place, it just might take 2 or 3 more years to tinker with what you put around them to find the right balance.

Kane Cornes said even tho Carlton won and we'll done to them he still rather Essendon long term in winning a premiership

Going to be a few salty tweets coming Cornes way from Carlton fans I reckon LOLs
He got us back on side (kind of) by admitting he was wrong about Walsh, so now he just needs to ruffle some feathers again. Pretty obvious he doesn't mean it.

We should add a poll to the thread. I find your claim hard to believe.

I always rate talls, Jones, Thatch, Cox ( kid will do amazing things), great pick ups, envious that our recruiters continue to ignore this area

Some decent players, Caldwell who I have always rated, Clarke underrated, but he is fringe, Draper a mummy type, Shiel a workhorse, and Mossie is exciting, Francis a very impressive 3rd tall that I would release further up the ground

That's possibly 6 best 22

Won't count Hurley as he won't be there in the next tilt

Curnow, TDK, Martin, Fisher, JSOS, Kemp ( wait for this kid to show what he has)

That's 6 as well

At least you took good kids when a number of players wanted out, like the Lions of 2013

Richmonds rebuild was considered a failure at the end of 2016, as was Melbourne's before this year. You have some excellent pieces in place, it just might take 2 or 3 more years to tinker with what you put around them to find the right balance.

Richmonds rebuild was on the ropes then you recruited all of Short, Prestia, Rioli, Broad, Castagna, Nankervis, Graham and Lambert across two draft/trade periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back