When will WA get an NRL team?

IIRC - Wests had two bases - the original at Ashfield and Campbelltown (which may be independent of Wests altogether - likely to be wrong). Wests Ashfield have taken over Balmain's side of the JV - effectively Wests Tigers are 100% owned by Wests Ashfield.

Yes that's correct
Two shares are owned by Western Suburbs Leagues Club (Ashfield)
One share is owned by Western Suburbs District Rugby League Football Club (Wests Magpies) who is controlled by Ashfield.

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
I’m on the side of him retiring and not trying to influence another Queensland team.
I sort of follow Melbourne but I’d love to see Bellamy as the future Qld side.

It's going to be very interesting to see where Bellamy ends up in the long term. A brand new team in Brisbane would be enticing and he knows how to develop. Can't help but feel he's more than happy in Melbourne though.

The rhetoric suggests a team in WA will never happen.

It's going to be very interesting to see where Bellamy ends up in the long term. A brand new team in Brisbane would be enticing and he knows how to develop. Can't help but feel he's more than happy in Melbourne though.

The rhetoric suggests a team in WA will never happen.

18 seasons at one club is a long time, maybe he’s going for 20?

Who could be the 18th?

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
18 seasons at one club is a long time, maybe he’s going for 20?

It is, but Melbourne is a great place to live and maybe that is the ongoing seller.

Who could be the 18th?

That really is the big question. Can we safely rule out just about everywhere except NZ? Then again, I did read this, this morning.

Back