When will Watson debut?

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, GSW Bandwagoner
Some outdated views on here. Watson has worked on his disposal. Similar to Jetta in he can shank the odd kick, but he can create and break lines with the ball in hand. Now has the body of an AFL player too. He’s ready to debut for sure.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I wouldn't want to debut him at the business end of the season with a premiership well and truly in our sights.

Round 1 next year? Go for it.

Candiru

Premiership Player
Jan 27, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Watson a legit defender or is he more the loose 6th man who looks to rebound?

Can't we just just clone Sheppard?

This season, he's done his job better than anyone else.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Watson a legit defender or is he more the loose 6th man who looks to rebound?

He's more of a defender than what Jetta is. From the WAFL games i have seen, I've liked his defensive game.

I spoke to a couple of coaches today and think he is very strongly in the mix to debut friday
Was that you ringing 6PR tonight because this post is very a paraphrase of what one caller said

He was good on the weekend but so was Rotham and Cole. Both younger than him as well.

It's gonna be a tough call tbh. I see Cole probably coming in as he has was a regular of this side for for a while and has been decent since he went back to the BEAGLES.

Cole didn’t play on the weekend. He and Schofield were both held over as emergencies

Sep 5, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, GSW Bandwagoner

He would be the closest player we have to Sheppard in the reserves. Better agility than Rotham and impressive closing speed.

He’ll struggle to earn a spot in the backline heading into the business end of the season.

Does he stay on the list for 2020? (Not sure of his contract status)
Still on the rookie list and doesn’t have a contract beyond this year

I’d like to see him retained for another year but list spots are drying up

May 14, 2008
Canberra
AFL Club
West Coast
He’ll struggle to earn a spot in the backline heading into the business end of the season.

Does he stay on the list for 2020? (Not sure of his contract status)
Surely he does. Seems so close to getting a taste, has played in the Simmo system for a few years and provides excellent depth at the very least given Hurn and Jetta's age profile as well as potential injury issues down the track. And as a Cat B rookie came at little cost. If big Horse has managed to get 15 contract extensions surely someone so close to cracking a game gets held over for another year??

Sent from my CPH1707 using Tapatalk

Back