When will your club become extinct?

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly thought we were going to fold about five years ago. Wouldn't surprise me if Melbourne didn't exist in its current form by 2035.
I feel like if you weren't called Melbourne you'd have gone under one way or another. Name brand definitely helps in your case IMO.

Docklands will one day be sold for the creation of high end residential and commercial precinct development.

The current AFL residents will be asked to leave.

Essendon need to get back on to an even footing with Collingwood, Richmond and Hawthorn at the MCG.

The AFL have an elite MCG group with good coaches, fitness centers, and growing member bases, they also have the home
ground advantage in the finals.

If we dont join and even the playing field, then we may not survive.

but the AFL is kind of designed to keep the Melbourne clubs alive

Uh no, the intent of HQ is to make the comp "national". Otherwise we wouldn't have gc and gws.

What denies that wish is the market forces, i:e the bulk of the market is in vic and that's why we still have 10 vic teams in the comp.

So it's not designed that way it's forced that way.

Purely opinion but this is the pecking order:

Heavyweights - Financial and/or actual relevant success
Collingwood Geelong Hawthorn Richmond West Coast

Solid with potential
Adelaide Brisbane Carlton Essendon Fremantle Port Adelaide Sydney

Have challenges
Gold Coast Greater Western Sydney Melbourne North Melbourne St Kilda Western Bulldogs

But not one is in any danger for a decade at least. shrinking TV money which is happening world wide could be the biggest factor

I'd Ade as a heavyweight from a financial perspective.

Apart from being the oldest club in the league and helping to make the rules our club doesn't deserve to exist. Been a ******* joke since 64. Our 2 GF appearances were a joke and then we build for 12 years to finally make finals and we are back to 17th the next year. The MFC literally kill my interest in footy

This is just salt, lol Melbourne footy club extinct. pffft, a founding member of the GAME let alone the league - will never happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back