Roast Whenever we lose, we make average key forwards look like superstars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well someone taller could have played on him. I guess we hoped we would out-run them. However they are out running us... meaning that White is getting 1 out and making him look good.

Jesse White, Robbie Tarrant and Aaron Black are not great footballers, so why must they look like world beaters when they play against us? Should Griff have played?

Huh?

We could have brought in any of Elton/Griffiths/Astbury/McGuane...

I've been a staunch supporter of Hardwick but he's needs to realise playing someone who is 10cm smaller then his opponent is not the greatest idea.

Petterd and Batchelor have been out of their depth all year, we need Astbury/Griff/Elton in.

This is what happens when you pick two tall defenders only. No other club does it!

Bit late now, Astbury, Griffiths are injured from looking at the VFL thread.

Still waiting on Vickery, Elton/Mcbean/Mcguane in if he's not able to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricky Petterd is the same player as Jake Batchelor.

Unlike Batchelor, Petterd's at least excelled in a role at AFL level for more than one season - just not at that end of the ground.

As long as your intention is to point out that we need to pick another genuine key forward I agree with you OP. But full credit to Rance and Chap they've been great, they are just outnumbered down there

The alternatives might be taller, but not convinced they're any better... which just proves that we desperately need one of Elton/Astbury/Griff to step up, Grimes body to hold together OR still need to find another quality tall defender via trade/free agency/draft.

Jesse White, Robbie Tarrant and Aaron Black are not great footballers, so why must they look like world beaters when they play against us? Should Griff have played?

Dear me, my one trip for the year to see the Tigers and this is what they serve up. I think I've seen just about every game up here since moving here in 1997 and I've seen this movie so many times before. I knew we were totally screwed when we were 13 points down in the second quarter. The exciting, attacking, skilful, running, long kicking game that we played for 20 minutes in the first quarter was now a distant memory.

I had in my mind before the game that if we were so inept as to let White kick multiple goals on us, we would struggle. Sure enough, as the starter of this thread suggests, we let a player who normally struggles to get a game look like the reincarnation of John Coleman!

There we were, hopelessly bogged down on the wing position. No movement, no run, poor kicking skills, no aerial skills. The way we play at the SCG, and have played up here for a decade and a half, is nothing short of embarrassing it is just so pathetic. Some classic moments. Bogged down in the backline we finally clear the ball - a long kick to a two-on-one contest in favour of the Swans. Plenty of other times, we had the ball and didn't have a single soul to kick it to in our forward line! And can somebody please send the Richmond players A memo that it's the job of Swans fans to watch and enjoy the exploits of Kieren Jack - it is not the job of the Richmond players! Time and again, they all just stood around transfixed as he slotted goals and set up teammates. It was beyond woeful.

Another example of spectating. Ball was down near Richmond goal in the second quarter, ball went into the arms of a Swans player, who dropped it, but there's Maric, just looking on, standing there - result being, Sydney player has time to recover from his fumble and give it to his teammate. Not good enough.

But the classic bit of stupidity had to be, also in the second quarter, when Houli, the best kick in the side was unattended on the "50-metre" line (probably only 40 or 45 at the SCG) - instead of banging it through, sits the ball on top of Riewoldt's head in the goalsquare and he gives away a free for a push in the back.

Dear me.

Who was the Swans player who took the mark at the city end where the ball went over the head of one Richmond player while three others stood there watching? It wasnt one of their big guys. Might have been O'Keeffe. Total shocker. Dumbfounded at how that could happen. But we make excuses.

Correct.
We can not defend against the gorillas of the competition.
We continuously get monstered by the Cloke's, Petrie's and anyone else in excess of 100kg.
God we even make Michael Hurley look like he's worthy of that 5 year contract he's on.

Not good enough.

Been saying it for a while - we need another quality genuine KPD just as urgently as we need anything else, if not moreso.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back