Travel When'll we travel overseas again / how to get out of Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

scottishfiction

Team Captain
Suspended
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Didcot, Yateley, Winnersh, Taplow
long story short, I want to go live in the UK. it's for 'compassionate reasons' but there's no real tangible tie – we obviously aren't married, have never lived together, etc.

I've read some pretty harsh stories about exiting Australia: a guy on ozbargain had a Korean partner, a child born there, and he'd put down money on a deposit for a home, and he had a job lined up there. he only got the go-ahead a couple of hours before heading to the airport. if they're being that harsh on someone with documented connections and a clear pathway to not coming back in the next 18 months, what hope does anyone else have?

I don't really know what to do. there's talk of bubbles with certain Asian countries or New Zealand; do you think any place we could go, Brits could also go? I'd rather see this person for a couple of weeks than not at all.

additionally – I'm able to go live there, but how liberal is the UK Government in letting in new citizens? seems relatively lax, but again, would Australia let me leave if I had a visa?

furthermore, I think it's a good thread to just keep an update on when we can leave. looks like July is the time. I honestly think they'll open it up, but it'll be two weeks of self-paid quarantine, I just can't see the average soft Australian copping this sh*t for what'll be almost 18 months. it'll get to a point where they sort of throw their arms up. I'm not professional though. Frydenburg also threw up January 1 as a potential date. what I would give for that to be the ******* case...

revo333

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
furthermore, I think it's a good thread to just keep an update on when we can leave. looks like July is the time. I honestly think they'll open it up, but it'll be two weeks of self-paid quarantine, I just can't see the average soft Australian copping this sh*t for what'll be almost 18 months. it'll get to a point where they sort of throw their arms up. I'm not professional though. Frydenburg also threw up January 1 as a potential date. what I would give for that to be the ******* case...
People can throw their arms up all they want, planes are not going to start appearing in the sky straight away.

I think there will be more rage if state boarders are still closed in 2021.

I think Alan Jones said today International travel is very unlikely until the second half of 2021.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I can't see why you would need to hotel quarantine if you'd been vaccinated which is a real possibility by mid next year.

I've always thought would we need almost a proof of vaccine and if so we're basically free to go. Some ways to punish non vaxxers.

scottishfiction

Team Captain
Suspended
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Didcot, Yateley, Winnersh, Taplow
I can't see why you would need to hotel quarantine if you'd been vaccinated which is a real possibility by mid next year.

I've always thought would we need almost a proof of vaccine and if so we're basically free to go. Some ways to punish non vaxxers.
apparently airlines are all helping fund this 15-minute tester – you line up (distanced), they test you, and if you're positive you're off to quarantine at home and if you aren't you're free to board. seems a very good idea.

puritan

Rookie
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
apparently airlines are all helping fund this 15-minute tester – you line up (distanced), they test you, and if you're positive you're off to quarantine at home and if you aren't you're free to board. seems a very good idea.
Reckon if that style of testing is legit, then that would be ideal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Top Bottom