Travel When'll we travel overseas again / how to get out of Australia?

Poetic Justice

i will touch the sun or i will die trying
Wordler
Jun 21, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Might need to find one
I did europe for 5 weeks when I was 28 and loved it.

I did europe for 4 weeks for honeymoon and loved it.

No doubt any travel I do I will love, no matter the circumstance.

raskolnikov

Cancelled
10k Posts 30k Posts Wordler Werewolf Player Essendon Player Sponsor 2021 - Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Archie Perkins Essendon Player Sponsor 2020 Essendon Player Sponsor 2019 Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Apr 1, 2002
Cap Coast
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Just changed my seats for the Dubai > London leg. Flying in during daylight gives us a chance to see a lot more than ‘19 when we flew in so both have a window seat.
4 months to go!!

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS

Attachments

• 4AC700A7-0949-43A1-902F-C76717AA0206.png
    4AC700A7-0949-43A1-902F-C76717AA0206.png
    112.6 KB · Views: 79
  • B5D2F6C7-2648-49D9-B0C7-6ECA2008A276.png
    B5D2F6C7-2648-49D9-B0C7-6ECA2008A276.png
    84 KB · Views: 73
  • 551A6779-46AB-4FA5-B7EA-7D39CAD2B90E.png
    551A6779-46AB-4FA5-B7EA-7D39CAD2B90E.png
    115 KB · Views: 66
  • 92D639F2-01EB-4DA2-8E89-C37EEACF0FA5.png
    92D639F2-01EB-4DA2-8E89-C37EEACF0FA5.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 67
  • E1324969-0D1A-499B-876F-54582A307071.png
    E1324969-0D1A-499B-876F-54582A307071.png
    307.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 825619C4-F0B7-43A2-94BB-CB2C9C116CCF.png
    825619C4-F0B7-43A2-94BB-CB2C9C116CCF.png
    320.5 KB · Views: 64

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
That’s the first leg, Melb > Dubai. We fly out at 10:30pm so don’t know how much I’ll be eating at that time of night.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Yeah, Emirates Business menu(s)

4 flights with them and all different (except the booze I think)
Depending who it’s booked through and status you have a choice of two very good lounges in MEL to take advantage of and likewise in DXB the lounges are fantastic.
Im sure you will arrive bloated from all the food and drink. On the A380 the best seats IMO are in the mini cabin (23A/K or 25A/K are my favourites) and I don’t sleep too much so spend plenty of time at the bar.
Make sure you make use of the chauffeur also, it’s a nice perk

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Depending who it’s booked through and status you have a choice of two very good lounges in MEL to take advantage of and likewise in DXB the lounges are fantastic.
Im sure you will arrive bloated from all the food and drink. On the A380 the best seats IMO are in the mini cabin (23A/K or 25A/K are my favourites) and I don’t sleep too much so spend plenty of time at the bar.
Make sure you make use of the chauffeur also, it’s a nice perk
Hahahaha mate we’re 2 peas in a pod. 25 is my favourite row but as I travel with the bride we’re in the guts of the cabin.

Going over in a Boeing so will be nice to see what that has to offer in 14 E/F for that one.

We got the limo from Heathrow last time. As we were staying in Greenwich it was a bloody lifesaver from both a cost & time perspective.

Staying at the Savoy this time so definitely will be using the limo again, who wants to knock up at The Savoy in a Vauxhall Uber or a Black Cab 🤣🤣

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hahahaha mate we’re 2 peas in a pod. 25 is my favourite row but as I travel with the bride we’re in the guts of the cabin.

Going over in a Boeing so will be nice to see what that has to offer in 14 E/F for that one.

We got the limo from Heathrow last time. As we were staying in Greenwich it was a bloody lifesaver from both a cost & time perspective.

Staying at the Savoy this time so definitely will be using the limo again, who wants to knock up at The Savoy in a Vauxhall Uber or a Black Cab 🤣🤣
We have found whilst not as luxurious the chauffeur to and from home saved us a bit as we live 50km away from the airport. It has came in handy for Dubai stop overs too. Never have copped an upgrade to First from Australia but when I lived in Singapore we scored a couple of upgrades to first on the Singapore to Dubai leg and have used QFF points to book first reward seats as a treat 🤣

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
We have found whilst not as luxurious the chauffeur to and from home saved us a bit as we live 50km away from the airport. It has came in handy for Dubai stop overs too. Never have copped an upgrade to First from Australia but when I lived in Singapore we scored a couple of upgrades to first on the Singapore to Dubai leg and have used QFF points to book first reward seats as a treat 🤣

The difference between First / Business in the A380’s (apart from the shower) isn’t a needle turner for me for the price difference.

Doing the 3D tour of the Boeing though, I’m seriously considering stumping up for that leg. Those suites look amazing.

When we flew in to Europe in ‘19 we codeshared by booking through Qantas. If you codeshare you don’t qualify for the chauffeur (flying ex-Sydney and staying in Mascot we didn’t need it) but when we got off and I saw the Uber price £200 to Greenwich I thought, Meh, I’ll lob at the desk and try my luck.

Showed them my boarding pass and as it was quite late 10:00pm local time they were apologetic that they didn’t have one available, if I was willing to wait 20 minutes they’d have one to pick us up.

Even me, the most impatient man in the world can wait 20 minutes if it’s saving him $500 🤣🤣

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
The difference between First / Business in the A380’s (apart from the shower) isn’t a needle turner for me for the price difference.

Doing the 3D tour of the Boeing though, I’m seriously considering stumping up for that leg. Those suites look amazing.

When we flew in to Europe in ‘19 we codeshared by booking through Qantas. If you codeshare you don’t qualify for the chauffeur (flying ex-Sydney and staying in Mascot we didn’t need it) but when we got off and I saw the Uber price £200 to Greenwich I thought, Meh, I’ll lob at the desk and try my luck.

Showed them my boarding pass and as it was quite late 10:00pm local time they were apologetic that they didn’t have one available, if I was willing to wait 20 minutes they’d have one to pick us up.

Even me, the most impatient man in the world can wait 20 minutes if it’s saving him $500 🤣🤣
The last codeshare we booked fully through Qantas and was given a chauffeur.
Picked us up in the Barossa and took us to ADL for domestic connection and once in MEL we had about 8hrs to kill so went into the CBD via taxi but organised chauffeur to collect us and take us back to airport. In Dubai we had one to and from airport, we didn’t need one in arrival at Frankfurt as we picked up the hire car but when we left Paris we had one from hotel to airport. The 777’s still mostly have the older first class and like you said with the A380’s, they don’t really warrant the extra price but not a bad use of points or cheap/free upgrade. The newer first class looks amazing but still on very limited routes and they can sub in the old config without warning on some routes.
Would love to try it one day though.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
The last codeshare we booked fully through Qantas and was given a chauffeur.
Picked us up in the Barossa and took us to ADL for domestic connection and once in MEL we had about 8hrs to kill so went into the CBD via taxi but organised chauffeur to collect us and take us back to airport. In Dubai we had one to and from airport, we didn’t need one in arrival at Frankfurt as we picked up the hire car but when we left Paris we had one from hotel to airport. The 777’s still mostly have the older first class and like you said with the A380’s, they don’t really warrant the extra price but not a bad use of points or cheap/free upgrade. The newer first class looks amazing but still on very limited routes and they can sub in the old config without warning on some routes.
Would love to try it one day though.

How good’s that? Being able to live in the Barossa and get a lift to the airport as part of your fare. It’s a bloody ripping service.

You headed off anytime soon?

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
How good’s that? Being able to live in the Barossa and get a lift to the airport as part of your fare. It’s a bloody ripping service.

You headed off anytime soon?
We have booked to head to the UK with Singapore Airlines business for two weeks in mid January with my elderly parents as we have rellies getting on that we haven’t seen for a while but trip might be in some doubt as my father has had a bit of a health scare so it could be postponed or cancelled.
Then nothing planned until November as I’ve got 6 weeks off work to go to Qatar for WC but haven’t started any research on booking for that just yet

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
We have booked to head to the UK with Singapore Airlines business for two weeks in mid January with my elderly parents as we have rellies getting on that we haven’t seen for a while but trip might be in some doubt as my father has had a bit of a health scare so it could be postponed or cancelled.
Then nothing planned until November as I’ve got 6 weeks off work to go to Qatar for WC but haven’t started any research on booking for that just yet

All the best for January & the old boy’s health mate 👍

My next door neighbours did once. From London to Melbourne.

Bastards.

How do you guys feel about international travel at present?

Still keen enough given that was the only reason I've had the jab. Not as keen on the 652 flawed tests that are needed. South Africa in August is the main goal, although if the North island of NZ opens up in January I'm in for Auckland marathon.

Back