Travel When'll we travel overseas again / how to get out of Australia?

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My best mate and I are dying for travel to Japan to reopen. Likely I don't get over there til next November.

But I am patient.

Japan is my number 1 and I'd love to go again next year.

Maybe even just get to Singapore or a country close by.

Happy to wait until 2022 to do America/Europe.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Already booked Europe which includes the French Open again.

Being from NSW it's an easier process with our borders relatively open now anyway and would be then more.
You been to Paris mate? Going there the first time in March. Not keen on it myself but bride wants to see it.

So; I’m doing Villers - Brettoneux & Omaha Beach (seperate day tours) that’s locked in.

My question is based around accommodation. Got a Hotel tentatively booked in the 1st Arr; as there are parts of Paris that are really crap, yeah? Is the 1st a good spot? All the Google searching I’ve done seems to say so. But I’d rather ask someone that’s been there

You been to Paris mate? Going there the first time in March. Not keen on it myself but bride wants to see it.

So; I’m doing Villers - Brettoneux & Omaha Beach (seperate day tours) that’s locked in.

My question is based around accommodation. Got a Hotel tentatively booked in the 1st Arr; as there are parts of Paris that are really crap, yeah? Is the 1st a good spot? All the Google searching I’ve done seems to say so. But I’d rather ask someone that’s been there

Been there about 10 times so yes. Honestly like every city there are “better” parts of the city but like most of Europe it is so accessible, as such I’ve stayed at good parts of Paris and cheaper ones. Never been disappointed regardless.

The area you’ve picked out is good quite close to major areas.

If I can give you one tip, even though it’s tacky go to a show or two you won’t regret it and it’s very romantic as you are in Paris.

Ive been to Paris twice- 2 times x 2 night stays. I really liked it, would be one of the places I'd go back to.
Food was great, gotta try snails. And the French arent as rude as they're made out to be.

Out of all the places in Europe I've been; London, Paris and Greek Islands would be my faves.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Been there about 10 times so yes. Honestly like every city there are “better” parts of the city but like most of Europe it is so accessible, as such I’ve stayed at good parts of Paris and cheaper ones. Never been disappointed regardless.

The area you’ve picked out is good quite close to major areas.

If I can give you one tip, even though it’s tacky go to a show or two you won’t regret it and it’s very romantic as you are in Paris.

Cheers bud. 👍👍

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Ive been to Paris twice- 2 times x 2 night stays. I really liked it, would be one of the places I'd go back to.
Food was great, gotta try snails. And the French arent as rude as they're made out to be.

Out of all the places in Europe I've been; London, Paris and Greek Islands would be my faves.
Yeah I love snails. Eaten them a bunch of times. London I love too, but Edinburgh is the place I would run to if I won Powerball and never had to work again.

I wanna go back to paris, venice and greece including the islands

💕 am so glad you liked Greece.

How friendly are they??? They really do appreciate the tourists that visit. 🇬🇷

Gif0.1.jpg

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
💕 am so glad you liked Greece.

How friendly are they??? They really do appreciate the tourists that visit. 🇬🇷
Loved loved loved greece. I did about 3 islands and athens. Loved all of it. Food. People. And like you, i found the french folks great.

Loved loved loved greece. I did about 3 islands and athens. Loved all of it. Food. People. And like you, i found the french folks great.

Yeah Greeks are the best. :thumbsupv1:

Re. the French they say they just like you to try and have a go re. the language. But I just couldnt do it- I felt like such a moron. I wasnt there that long tho.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
I wanna go back to paris, venice and greece including the islands
Im in Paris right now and its ******* cold. 8.30 and 2 degrees, meant to be a high of 7 today(snow on sunday maybe). Yesterday I walked 11 kilometres before I worked out there's electric scooters everywhere you can rent using the Uber app for 20 cents a minute. I had an operation on my foot in September and it was killing me yesterday before I worked that out. Last night I had a casoullet with an onion soup for entree. Was pretty good. Pretty, pretty good.

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Im in Paris right now and its ******* cold. 8.30 and 2 degrees, meant to be a high of 7 today(snow on sunday maybe). Yesterday I walked 11 kilometres before I worked out there's electric scooters everywhere you can rent using the Uber app for 20 cents a minute. I had an operation on my foot in September and it was killing me yesterday before I worked that out. Last night I had a casoullet with an onion soup for entree. Was pretty good. Pretty, pretty good.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
I love the Islands but I’m not a huge fan of Athens. It’s just one of the few European cities that doesn’t do much for me. Everyone is different though which is the beauty of travel

revo333

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah I love snails. Eaten them a bunch of times. London I love too, but Edinburgh is the place I would run to if I won Powerball and never had to work again.

Know a handful of people that have been to Edinburgh and they all say it's one of their favourite cities.

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
I could never live in that part of the world. Is awesome, the ppl are great.

but that ******* weather. Miserable.
That’s the big attraction for me. Context: I was wearing shorts in Prague & Sweden (worst place on earth) in December. Love the cold.

That’s the big attraction for me. Context: I was wearing shorts in Prague & Sweden (worst place on earth) in December. Love the cold.

My names not Shell for nothing :thumbsupv1:

I would srsly become depressed if I lived in those types of places- I have seasonal depression. Over there it would just become "depression" :tearsofjoy:

I love the Islands but I’m not a huge fan of Athens. It’s just one of the few European cities that doesn’t do much for me. Everyone is different though which is the beauty of travel

Yeah no one likes Athens. Am surprised BR mentioned it tbh.

Was also a quite dodgy place. Was glad to get outta there and go islands.

Nov 10, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Re athens, i had built it up in my head beforehand to be quite dangerous, dodgy and dirty and to be on my toes at all times (bit like naples) but as it turns out, and i may have got lucky (maybe i didnt look like a tourist), i didnt experience any issues. And so the enjoyment of seeing ruins, monuments, eating amazing food and talking with locals who ran my accommodation and restaurants i went to was top notch. It was only 3-4 days before heading to the islands too.
i have no doubt i go back ill get mugged, stabbed and dysentery

Taylor Moss

Club Legend
Oct 1, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Re athens, i had built it up in my head beforehand to be quite dangerous, dodgy and dirty and to be on my toes at all times (bit like naples) but as it turns out, and i may have got lucky (maybe i didnt look like a tourist), i didnt experience any issues. And so the enjoyment of seeing ruins, monuments, eating amazing food and talking with locals who ran my accommodation and restaurants i went to was top notch. It was only 3-4 days before heading to the islands too.
i have no doubt i go back ill get mugged, stabbed and dysentery
That’s what I’m picturing Paris to be like - except with heaps more terrorists 🤣

HendersonClaire

Draftee
Mar 31, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
It is possible to get out of absolutely any country. The main thing is to have the desire and money, and of course, a document on vaccination. Recently I came across an exciting article https://www.montaregio.de/de/freize...aeu/schloss-neuschwanstein-im-ostallgaeu.html about Schloss Neuschwanstein. After reading it, I immediately went to visit it. Six palace halls are open for visitors: singers hall, throne room, living room, study, dining room, bedroom. There are swan motifs everywhere and illustrations of Wagner's operas, of which we had already heard.

Last edited:
Back