Travel When'll we travel overseas again / how to get out of Australia?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats not greek!!!! Why would I want a bloody pizza in a pub that looks like Santorini!!!!!!!!!!!??!?!?!

Shell is gettin upset.
Yep. I said they should have tweaked slightly and channeled Amalfi coast.
There’s even some cacti in the joint. Are there cacti in Greece?

🤣🤣

Yep. I said they should have tweaked slightly and channeled Amalfi coast.
There’s even some cacti in the joint. Are there cacti in Greece?

🤣🤣

Idk.. I dont think so.

What a bunch of bananas.

*you know what else that place needs. Other than a church with a blue dome roof.
A plunge pool. Sparkling blue. Would be epic.

Idk.. I dont think so.

What a bunch of bananas.

*you know what else that place needs. Other than a church with a blue dome roof.
A plunge pool. Sparkling blue. Would be epic.
Apparently they own Two Wrongs on Chapel St too. I’m far too old for Chapel St but rumours are it’s not that flash a joint.

Apparently they own Two Wrongs on Chapel St too. I’m far too old for Chapel St but rumours are it’s not that flash a joint.
Hahaha Frostbites. Frostbites and the Jam Factory are the only 2 establishments Ive been to on Chapel St.

And that was a loooong time ago.

Hahaha Frostbites. Frostbites and the Jam Factory are the only 2 establishments Ive been to on Chapel St.

Ahhh Frostbites gone (quite a while ago I think) and Jam Factory a ghost town.

I loved the catacombs.

I got a rock from it. :thumbsupv1:

As for the annoying af gypsies. They gave up on me very quickly- I'd stare straight ahead, would not even give them eye contact. A few of the ppl i were travelling with, weren't so lucky + got sucked in tho.
Sure its a rock and not a bit of bone? ;)

Travel was such a big part of my life a few years ago. Have not thought about it one iota since covid.

Starting to plan a trip through Central America for later this year and just crazy how excited I get by opening up the hostelworld and skyscanner pages. Crazy to think how institutionalized I've become.

I have dedicated a small amount of time to plan some things I want to see in the off chance we can travel in the next 5 years, ranging from things like climbing Mt Fuji, to doing Oktoberfest, to island hopping Greece again, and seeing Portugal and Morocco.
Keeps me sane, and I love looking at those places on google maps.

Thats a name I had long forgotten. When I hit 18 in 2003 it was one of the first places I went to and they had some alcohol stock market thing running, where if people bought too much of one drink its price went up and the price of another drink dropped. I was smashing $3 pints all night because of it.

Sure its a rock and not a bit of bone? ;)

I have dedicated a small amount of time to plan some things I want to see in the off chance we can travel in the next 5 years, ranging from things like climbing Mt Fuji, to doing Oktoberfest, to island hopping Greece again, and seeing Portugal and Morocco.
Keeps me sane, and I love looking at those places on google maps.

Thats a name I had long forgotten. When I hit 18 in 2003 it was one of the first places I went to and they had some alcohol stock market thing running, where if people bought too much of one drink its price went up and the price of another drink dropped. I was smashing $3 pints all night because of it.

That is a brilliant promotion. All my years in the hospo / beer repping days I never heard of something like that.

Wonder if you could manipulate that these days and smash 18 YO Hibiki for $5 🤣🤣

Here's a promotion- "Ladies drink for free".

I liked that promotion while I was in the States, very much.
I remember my first time in Vegas on a slot machine, woman comes over and gives me a scotch and coke. My mate tells me they are free but the quality and split between mixer and alcohol improves if you tip them. Lady comes back, I give her $100 and she is back to me every 20 mins with a new drink and it went from throat burner scotch to a much better bottle :tearsofjoy:

Have come to realise my preferred strategy as I get older is quality over quantity when it comes to travel. Spending a month in Borneo in Aug/Sep to catch up on some scuba diving and immersion in nature. Also allows me to tick off a bucket list item I've had since I was about 7 after watching David Attenborough narrate a documentary about the birds of paradise in the forests of Borneo.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have come to realise my preferred strategy as I get older is quality over quantity when it comes to travel. Spending a month in Borneo in Aug/Sep to catch up on some scuba diving and immersion in nature. Also allows me to tick off a bucket list item I've had since I was about 7 after watching David Attenborough narrate a documentary about the birds of paradise in the forests of Borneo.
As you get older you typically have more money, and a better understanding of the travel you want to do.

When I was early 20s my travel was see as much as possible. So tours, hostels, etc.

Im now mid 30s, I plan to go to Portugal next year, and no hostels for me.

It's always been my strategy to get in as much as possible. Last time I went to Europe though (2019) I realised I'm getting too old and grumpy to constantly move from place to place. Next time I go I'm only choosing a few places to go to and spend a week each.

Last edited:
Still too risky travellimg overseas RN. You could plan everything out only to have a positive PCR test and its holiday over.

I am more inclined to wait for the restrictions to ease.

Cant get direct to European countries like Portugal. Most have testing reauirements

Good points Robbie.

I remember my first time in Vegas on a slot machine, woman comes over and gives me a scotch and coke. My mate tells me they are free but the quality and split between mixer and alcohol improves if you tip them. Lady comes back, I give her $100 and she is back to me every 20 mins with a new drink and it went from throat burner scotch to a much better bottle :tearsofjoy:
but you paid her 100 dollars? You know you can get good drinks for much cheaper right?

Update: The trip was absolutely brilliant. Hiking wise Mulu National Park is unbeatable, or Bako National Park if you're closer to Kuching. Scuba diving wise Sipadan is worth the hype and Lankayan was excellent. Highly recommended as a travel destination, absolutely gorgeous and a wide variety of wildlife to encounter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back