Where’s the love for GWS?

Remove this Banner Ad

PieLebo87

Hall of Famer
Veteran A Star Wars Fan 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur
Sep 14, 2005
Now the form side of the competition with 5 wins on the trot.

Have arguably the biggest X factor player in the competition.

Have beaten Adelaide at AO and Melbourne in those last 5 weeks.

Had only lost by less than 2 kicks to Richmond, Geelong and St Kilda in the previous 3 weeks.

Sitting equal 6th and only really have 2 more difficult games to come.

Credit to Adam Kingsley in his very first season as coach where it’s due.

EDIT: Beat the Cats. Thank you for correcting PhatBoy

Last edited:

Had only lost by less than 2 kicks to Richmond, Geelong and St Kilda in the previous 3 weeks.

They didn’t lose to us. They beat us, in Geelong.
I love them.

For a side often beaten up for being ‘plastic’ and just an implanted franchise, they have pretty much ALWAYS from the day they first became semi-competitive played with a lot of heart and though they do lose players to the go home factor, most guys who go through that system buy in and give it their best while they are there

They didn’t lose to us. They beat us, in Geelong.
I love them.

For a side often beaten up for being ‘plastic’ and just an implanted franchise, they have pretty much ALWAYS from the day they first became semi-competitive played with a lot of heart and though they do lose players to the go home factor, most guys who go through that system buy in and give it their best while they are there
Correct! My bad.

At GMHBA mind you.

Seriously underrated side at the moment.

Whilst they’ve won a couple of close ones, they’ve also lost a few close ones this year and would easily be top 8 right now.

I like them but it's still a blight on the competition to see their 15 % full stadium hopefully they don't get a home final

They have a big ‘casual’ following in this part of the world

I work with 3-4 of them and they weren’t bought up on AFL so when the Giants aren’t a major factor they lose interest a bit. An extended run of being around the top four having had those couple of years thereabouts, and I think their following would be significantly more visible

EDIT: Beat the Cats. Thank you for correcting PhatBoy

to be honest, I haven't noticed their rise but beating Adelaide in Adelaide is no easy task

As long as Greene's playing, they will always be a chance.

Would hate to face them in a final.
Won 7, lost 6.

They have one of the in-form ruckman of the competition and still have an exceptional midfield.
I think where they are really catching the general public off guard is the resurgence of guys like Riccardi, Ash, Callaghan and Himmelberg's move to defense. He's really locked in at the moment.
Not sure many expected Jesse Hogan to kick on either but his past two seasons have been more than handy.

As long as Greene's playing, they will always be a chance.

Would hate to face them in a final.
Won 7, lost 6.

They have one of the in-form ruckman of the competition and still have an exceptional midfield.
I think where they are really catching the general public off guard is the resurgence of guys like Riccardi, Ash, Callaghan and Himmelberg's move to defense. He's really locked in at the moment.
Not sure many expected Jesse Hogan to kick on either but his past two seasons have been more than handy.
I’m personally loving the rise of Idun this year and more recently the transformation of Brown further up the ground.

When you’ve got Taylor and Himmelberg down back, you’re not losing too many aerially.

It’s actually an underrated 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh forgot Idun. He's a gun in the making.
They could probably do with one electric midfielder. Someone with explosiveness who can put the ball under the arm and take off. Not many teams have them but guys like Dangerfield, De Goey, Rozee, Petracca etc.
This is where rumors of bidding for Harley Reid may come into play on draft day. Packaging up some draft picks to bring in such a dynamic player.

I’m personally loving the rise of Idun this year and more recently the transformation of Brown further up the ground.

When you’ve got Taylor and Himmelberg down back, you’re not losing too many aerially.

It’s actually an underrated 22.
Buckley has also been good in defence.
The son of our former President and we chose not to take him when is our backline is close to the worst in the league 🤦‍♂️

They will be top four next year i think. They are bursting with talent and have a seemingly pretty good coach as well.

It’s actually an underrated 22

Yeah great up and comer

I bet you look forward to seeing him in your defence and colours in a couple of years because that’s where he’ll probably end up like most of the others.

Let’s be honest
Who really, really cares about gws

Remove this Banner Ad

Back