Where are the Western Bulldogs at?

Remove this Banner Ad

A reply laden with personal insults. You really are upset. aren't you?
Actually it's laden with facts that completely ruin your argument, which is naturally why you're not addressing them.

My ability to have an opinion is dependent on whether or not the team I support wins a final? Cool.
You're free to have all the dumb opinions you want. The fact that you support Essendon just adds a thick layer of irony to everything you say.

I guess that means that Bulldogs fans can never talk about the membership numbers of other teams considering how paltry theirs are (9% membership drop in 2018)?
There we go, let the agenda out. Everyone could see you had one so there was no need to bottle it up.

Let's not pretend that the Dogs were the better team even in that prelim. GWS did it a year early but you guys were screwed out of a GF berth badly.
Why cause the free kicks weren’t even ?

Bulldogs controlled both games GF and PF for about 65 percent of the match time. Lol.

Scoreboard flattered both Giants and Swans in both games.

So teams that finished with 15 wins in 2017/18 are not a normal top 4 team?
Well lets have a look
2018: 15 wins got 4th
2017: 14 and 2 draws (basically 15)
2016: 16
2015: 16
2014: 16
2013: 15.5
2012: 16

Stopped at 2012 because a) I'd have to find a different website than the AFL one, which isn't that difficult but I decided it wasn't worth it because b) the league contracts beyond that and the top 4 becomes 25% rather than 22%, so you'd expect stats to be skewed.

Based on that, 2016 had a more normal cut off than 17-18, yes.

I tend to disagree with this line of thinking. You were, for the H&A season, the 7th best team. The nature of that season meant 1-7 was pretty bloody close, but the win count was inflated by a seriously poor bottom 6. Look at Richmond ffs. We were disgraceful and yet 5 teams managed to finish below us.

15 wins is 4 above average - so the bulldogs were far from average, and they showed that during finals, but you can't just put those stats into another ladder and say 'we were a top 4 team' - because just like you weren't a normal 7th placed team, you weren't a top 4 (H&A) team either.

The problem with your theory about the seriously poor bottom 6 is that we only played 1 of the 6 twice and that was Freo.
We missed out on easy gimmies against a disgraceful Tigers a VFL standard Bombers, Carlton,GC and the Lions.
The bottom 6 didn’t help us in our draw.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The problem with your theory about the seriously poor bottom 6 is that we only played 1 of the 6 twice and that was Freo.
We missed out on easy gimmies against a disgraceful Tigers a VFL standard Bombers, Carlton,GC and the Lions.
The bottom 6 didn’t help us in our draw.

Your double ups were
Collingwood (9 wins), Fremantle (4), Geelong (17), North (12), St Kilda (12)
Average of 10.8 wins.
Note league average wins are 11

Even generalising, you doubled up once against a top 6 team, 3 times against the middle 6, and once against the bottom 6. It was very much a fair draw for the dogs. It was about as close to a fair draw as you could hope to get in the current system. People say we got kissed on the dick by simply the venues of our games this year, but you had the nearly the same split as us. 14 at your home ground, 3 more in home state, 5 interstate. 1 of those was at KP so I'll give you that but I don't think there's any rational way to analyse your draw that says it was anything other than fair to all parties.

Actually it's laden with facts that completely ruin your argument, which is naturally why you're not addressing them.
Wasn't even my argument originally. I only responded to you to point out how pathetic and childish it is to attack another poster's team - in a thread completely unrelated to them - instead of actually addressing what they wrote. But considering how lame your subsequent replies have been, I think I might've been wasting my time trying to improve your posting standard.

I actually think the Bulldogs were an above average team in 2016 who played out of their skins in finals. They absolutely deserved their flag, but their form since indicates that that level of performance was unsustainable. A better team would've adjusted and adapted and would've been competitive again the next season. Instead the Bulldogs lost an extra 4 games, had their gameplan worked out and missed finals, making them only the 2nd team in the history of the top 8 system to miss finals after winning a flag. Essendon may not have recaptured their 2000 form again, but they at least followed up by making a Grand Final in 2001 and finishing 5th in 2002. Bulldogs have followed up their flag win with two consecutive bottom 10 finishes. And right now it'd be generous to call this current Bulldogs team 'average'.

You're free to have all the dumb opinions you want. The fact that you support Essendon just adds a thick layer of irony to everything you say.
No it doesn't. You don't know what irony is.

There we go, let the agenda out. Everyone could see you had one so there was no need to bottle it up.
No agenda here. Like most people, I really don't care enough about the Bulldogs to hate them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your double ups were
Average of 10.8 wins.

Even generalising, you doubled up once against a top 6 team, 3 times against the middle 6, and once against the bottom 6. It was very much a fair draw for the dogs. It was about as close to a fair draw as you could hope to get in the current system. People say we got kissed on the dick by simply the venues of our games this year, but you had the nearly the same split as us. 14 at your home ground, 3 more in home state, 5 interstate. 1 of those was at KP so I'll give you that but I don't think there's any rational way to analyse your draw that says it was anything other than fair to all parties.

Hmm even if the draw was slightly favourable we managed to beat every side in the league except for Geelong in 2016.

Hmm even if the draw was slightly favourable we managed to beat every side in the league except for Geelong in 2016.
Well done. I never said you were anything other than deserving premiers. I said you weren't a H&A top 4 team - that's a bit like calling Richmond 2017 a H&A top 2 team. We weren't. You weren't.

I actually think the Bulldogs were an above average team in 2016
Now you're just backpedaling:
That the Bulldogs were/are just an average team that overachieved in 2016
Pretty embarrassing. You can lash out at me all you like, but at the end of the day, everything you say in this thread comes with a thick layer of irony.

No agenda here. Like most people, I really don't care enough about the Bulldogs to hate them.
Ooh yes there is.

giphy.gif

Your double ups were
Average of 10.8 wins.

I never said it was fair or unfair only that we didn’t play the majority of the bottom 6 more than once

So what’s your point? You played a set of games against fair set of opponents. Are the results somehow invalid?

The point was very simple.
You argued that the amount of wins we had in 2016 was overvalued compared to other seasons because the bottom 6 was so crap and my point was we didn’t play 5 out of the 6 more than once.
Sorry if that’s too complicated for you.

The point was very simple.
You argued that the amount of wins we had in 2016 was overvalued compared to other seasons because the bottom 6 was so crap and my point was we didn’t play 5 out of the 6 more than once.
Sorry if that’s too complicated for you.

No you’ve misinterpreted me. It was argued by someone else that your 15 wins from that year made you a top 4 team in the H&A - you weren’t. You came 7th. As recently as 2013 and 2015, Richmond finished 5th with 15 wins. That happens. The fact is you played a fair set of games and came out with a fair result - 7th. And don’t act like you didn’t play the bottom teams at all. A part of the reason of the high win counts EARLY this year of the top half of the ladder was the inability of bottom teams to win anything - no one had doubled up yet but teams with the equivalent of 13 wins were sitting outside the 8. Just because you didn’t double up doesn’t mean many of your wins didn’t come as freebies from bottom teams.

That in no way takes away from your well deserved premiership.

An average side who went 19-7 in 2016? The premiers in 2015 went 19-7. The 2017 premiers went 18-7. The premiers in 2018 went 19-6.

The Dogs best four weeks in 2016 were when it mattered, but an average side doesn't win 15 games during the home and away season as well, particularly with an injury list like the dogs had. Our record for the year was practically the same as the other recent premiers, were they all average too? The notion that the dogs were average except for 4 weeks is ignorant.

I don’t expect any bombers fans to comprehend the first section here. But well said.

The entire top 7 that season was split by 2 wins.

What is with Bombers fans and trying to discredit/downplay premiers...

You gotta laugh. But they got Dylan Shiel which erases the last 5 years from the memory bank..LOL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back