Where are the Western Bulldogs at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't he dropped at one point last season? I'm not here to start an argument but since I moved to Melbourne I have taken a bit of an interest in the Bulldogs and hes just not a player that stands out to me. And anyone that plays around the ball can average a good possession rate especially when they are just little dinky handballs. Again just an outsiders opinion.

Wasn't Dom Sheed dropped multiple times last season?

Doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad player if you're young and get dropped. He definitely stood out in the back half of the season, you just missed it.

Wasn't Dom Sheed dropped multiple times last season?

Doesn't necessarily mean you're a bad player if you're young and get dropped. He definitely stood out in the back half of the season, you just missed it.
No I didn't miss anything. Dom Sheed is a little better than the two blokes in question. Anyway, whats happening with Tom Liberatore?

No I didn't miss anything. Dom Sheed is a little better than the two blokes in question.

haha what?

Aside from that kick in the grand final, sheed hasn’t done all that much. Remembering Dunkley is also a premiership player, so you can’t pull the “key player in a premiership team” argument.

I’ll take the guy who kicks more goals, takes more marks, lays six times the tackles and averages a third of the clangers from just one less disposal a game please. And that isn’t Sheed.

haha what?

Aside from that kick in the grand final, sheed hasn’t done all that much. Remembering Dunkley is also a premiership player, so you can’t pull the “key player in a premiership team” argument.

I’ll take the guy who kicks more goals, takes more marks, lays six times the tackles and averages a third of the clangers from just one less disposal a game please. And that isn’t Sheed.
If you say so. ;)

haha what?

A bit shirty, aren't we? I just don't rate the guy. And Ive seen nothing to excite me about him. It's not the end of the world.

I wouldn't rate him either if I missed the back half of the Dogs season

Given he also asked what is happening with Tom liberatore you can safely assume he doesn’t know much about the dogs.

For those playing at home Libba did his ACL in round one this year but has returned to pre-season training earlier than required.

I think the Bulldogs had a better year than people think. But, Crozier and Dunkley? Maybe thats the issue.

just because they're not household names doesn't mean theyre bad players. Crozier had a good year and will only get better now that he's firmly established in the team and has a clearly defined role. and Dunkley is very a promising 21yo mid. Kind of a weird comment, if those two are their biggest issues then they're definitely in a good place going forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really confident the Bulldogs can be at least competitive and challenge for the 8.

Do need a better injury management position, but they have exposed a lot of quality to senior footy. If they can get players like Dickson, Picken and Liberatore on the park for most of the season, it will improve the age/experience profile.

haha what?

Sheed was dropped earlier this year but he didn't just ice that kick in a Grand Final, he was probably our best player in the finals.

Qualifying final - 27 disposals, 5 marks, 7 clearances, 6 inside 50s, 1 goal
Preliminary final - 27 disposals, 7 marks, 5 clearances, 2 inside 50s
Grand final - 32 disposals, 6 marks, 8 clearances, 6 inside 50s, you campaigners know what goal he kicked

Thinking that Sheed did little this year is a gross mischaracterisation of what he contributed to our team other than what happened in the Grand Final.

And thinking Dunkley is no good because he played vfl at some stage this year is an even grosser mischaracterisation of his worth as a footballer.

He’s tracking better than Sheed overall. Remembering he is two years younger as well and is already a very comparable player

And thinking Dunkley is no good because he played vfl at some stage this year is an even grosser mischaracterisation of his worth as a footballer.

He’s tracking better than Sheed overall. Remembering he is two years younger as well and is already a very comparable player

Dunkley could turn out to be a star but you shouldn't forget that Sheed had very middling numbers two years ago, too.

It's fair enough to have question marks over a third year player but it's also fair enough that he is still just a kid and has plenty of time left in his career before we can start making definitive judgments.

For what it's worth I rate Josh Dunkley highly.

Would still be safe for 2020. After that who knows.
Yeah fair enough mate. I like the guy and despite me being outspoken about the Bulldogs (in other threads) about their demise, I do hope they find their "mojo" again soon.

For the record, do you think he's a good coach and would you be disappointed if the Dogs were to sack him? Cheers

Yeah fair enough mate. I like the guy and despite me being outspoken about the Bulldogs (in other threads) about their demise, I do hope they find their "mojo" again soon.

For the record, do you think he's a good coach and would you be disappointed if the Dogs were to sack him? Cheers
I think he is a great coach of young men who want to succeed.

The list has changed dramatically since our holly grail.

He is now building his list with his soldiers.

He inherited a list, someone elses list and won a premiership.

Coaches get judged too early in their careers. They have no input into the recruitment 5 years prior to them becoming coaches but they have to try and meld those on the list into the game style/plan of the new coach.

Extremely comfortable with where the list is that. Our top 10 in the B & F was:

Lachie Hunter (23)
Jackson Macrae (23)
Marcus Bontempelli (22)
Aaron Naughton (18)
Josh Dunkley (21)
Caleb Daniel (22)
Jason Johannisen (25)
Hayden Crozier (24)
Toby McLean (22)
Bailey Williams (21)

That's not including other some other great prospects such as English, Richards, Schache, Gowers, Cordy etc. We just need to sprinkle in some mature players like Wood, Suckling, Libba, Dickson, Picken (hopefully) and I can possibly see finals on the horizon with a bottom 6 draw next year.

The only thing this group needs is a little time.
If Schace and Boyd can stay fit and get good good solid footy they will have a massive impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back