Where are they now (delistings / retirements since 2005)

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is Irving Mosquito now?

Living the good life back in the NT:

6350cb2abb06db8bd3d5655d09c2f95326d67bea.jpg

Why I reckon an NT team would work, just a nice life up their and you get to play footy. Reckon it would help the whole region with a stronger talent pathway through more investment in junior footy to.
Even if they marketed as a Northern Australia team based out of Darwin it would encapsulate the Kimberley teams/pathways from WA, and far North Queensland. Having worked up in the Kimberley you can tell that the area is much more closely aligned to Darwin than to Perth/Southern WA.

That’s him playing for the Wyndham Crocs against Halls Creek in far North WA. He’s a Halls Creek boy so just enjoying being back home in the Kimberley
I wonder if the head of recruiting for the Wyndham Crocs gave a little fist pump when Mozzy signed up

Jade Rawlings is coaching Norwood tomorrow against North Adelaide in the sanfl grand final , and hopefully to their 31st premiership.

Professionalism would be a massive issue
Think this is the easy assumption, good people, resources/dollars and getting the community around the games it would be a success - and if they could find a way to include the top end of qld to and share some games it’s a pretty strong region for talent.

It’s funny, it would of been smarter in basically every sense to start the expansion in Darwin and Tasmania before gws and gc but the afl and their wisdom clearly know better…

Didn’t know where to put this but ex Hawk Jade Rawlings has just coached the mighty Norwood Redlegs to win the SANFL premiership. As Hawks and Legs man, doesn’t get much better.

Didn’t know where to put this but ex Hawk Jade Rawlings has just coached the mighty Norwood Redlegs to win the SANFL premiership. As Hawks and Legs man, doesn’t get much better.
And by 1 point ! just finished watching . I was surprised by the ordinary crowd there it must of been cold in Adelaide or something. Last time those two played in the 2018 grand final they had 40,000. Also ex Hawthorn rookie Luke Surman was playing as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And by 1 point ! just finished watching . I was surprised by the ordinary crowd there it must of been cold in Adelaide or something. Last time those two played in the 2018 grand final they had 40,000. Also ex Hawthorn rookie Luke Surman was playing as well.
Who did/does Surman play for?

The Popstar still going strong...........

Former AFL star Paul Puopolo signs with Adelaide Footy League club Hope Valley for 2023​

A three-time AFL premiership player has joined his old local SA footy outfit in another huge offseason move, saying he wants to give back to the club.

Daniel Renfrey

Follow

@DanielRenfrey

2 min read

October 6, 2022 - 11:27AM

The Messenger
A three-time AFL premiership player has moved back to his junior club for the 2023 season, adding to a slew of local SA footy signings to begin the offseason.

Former Hawthorn and Norwood star Paul Puopolo – who just spent a year at Virginia in the Adelaide Plains Football League – signed with Adelaide Footy League division three club Hope Valley on Wednesday.

The 34-year-old forward spent multiple years at the Demons as a teenager and said he felt it was time to return after experiencing SA country footy.

“I’ve been a city man my whole life and I wanted to experience country footy,” Puopolo said.

“There were so many great people at Virginia who have become good friends and I enjoyed my time there but it involved a lot of driving to the club and back to Adelaide – missing out on some family time.

“I’ve got some mates at Hope Valley and there’s that sense that I want to give back to the club for helping me in my career so I thought it was probably the right move to make.”

Puopolo’s move marks a major signing for Hope Valley, the Demons winning promotion to division three by making the division four grand final last season.

The experienced and skilful small should complement imposing key forward Daniel Nobes perfectly and is also planning on making a significant impact off the field.

“I want to keep enjoying my footy and while the team is strong on the field I want to keep playing my part off the field as well, especially when it comes to being able to mentor guys.

“It’s a different aspect of footy and you get a lot of enjoyment out of helping people improve whether it’s as a player or as a person.”

The Demons will be pitted against some of the Adelaide Footy League’s best talent in 2023, a challenge Puopolo is looking forward to.

He believed his return to the club could help it to remain in the division and compete for finals.

“Moving up to a new division is never easy and I think if we can compete for and make finals that would be a fantastic achievement,” he said.

“We’re not expecting to go out and win it all straight away but I think we can continue to build from here and if I can help them to progress in any way I’m going to do it.”

Puopolo becomes the fourth ex-AFL player to sign with an Adelaide Footy League club in the last week, following Mitch Grigg to Athelstone, Luke Brown to Tea Tree Gully and Josh Glenn to Golden Grove.

The Popstar still going strong...........

Former AFL star Paul Puopolo signs with Adelaide Footy League club Hope Valley for 2023​

A three-time AFL premiership player has joined his old local SA footy outfit in another huge offseason move, saying he wants to give back to the club.

Daniel Renfrey

Follow

@DanielRenfrey

2 min read

October 6, 2022 - 11:27AM

The Messenger
A three-time AFL premiership player has moved back to his junior club for the 2023 season, adding to a slew of local SA footy signings to begin the offseason.

Former Hawthorn and Norwood star Paul Puopolo – who just spent a year at Virginia in the Adelaide Plains Football League – signed with Adelaide Footy League division three club Hope Valley on Wednesday.

The 34-year-old forward spent multiple years at the Demons as a teenager and said he felt it was time to return after experiencing SA country footy.

“I’ve been a city man my whole life and I wanted to experience country footy,” Puopolo said.

“There were so many great people at Virginia who have become good friends and I enjoyed my time there but it involved a lot of driving to the club and back to Adelaide – missing out on some family time.

“I’ve got some mates at Hope Valley and there’s that sense that I want to give back to the club for helping me in my career so I thought it was probably the right move to make.”

Puopolo’s move marks a major signing for Hope Valley, the Demons winning promotion to division three by making the division four grand final last season.

The experienced and skilful small should complement imposing key forward Daniel Nobes perfectly and is also planning on making a significant impact off the field.

“I want to keep enjoying my footy and while the team is strong on the field I want to keep playing my part off the field as well, especially when it comes to being able to mentor guys.

“It’s a different aspect of footy and you get a lot of enjoyment out of helping people improve whether it’s as a player or as a person.”

The Demons will be pitted against some of the Adelaide Footy League’s best talent in 2023, a challenge Puopolo is looking forward to.

He believed his return to the club could help it to remain in the division and compete for finals.

“Moving up to a new division is never easy and I think if we can compete for and make finals that would be a fantastic achievement,” he said.

“We’re not expecting to go out and win it all straight away but I think we can continue to build from here and if I can help them to progress in any way I’m going to do it.”

Puopolo becomes the fourth ex-AFL player to sign with an Adelaide Footy League club in the last week, following Mitch Grigg to Athelstone, Luke Brown to Tea Tree Gully and Josh Glenn to Golden Grove.

Once dated a girl from Hope Valley. Aptly named suburb. Good luck to Poppy and I reckon the rest of the lads from the valley will get a lot out of sharing the rooms with an AFL premiership player!

Teia Miles possibly heading across to the WAFL....

WAFL 2022: Former Hawthorn utilty, son of Eagle Teia Miles in Claremont’s sights as Tigers look to rebound​

Eliza ReillyThe West Australian Fri, 7 October 2022 4:54AM Eliza Reilly
WAFL grand final runners-up Claremont have wasted little time attempting to bolster their playing list for next season as they attempt to lure former Hawthorn utility Teia Miles west.
The son of former West Coast, Collingwood and Geelong player Geoff Miles, the utility was drafted to the Hawks with pick 49 in 2014 and played 12 games at the highest level.

Geoff Miles also played for Claremont during his time out west and was a member of the club’s 1991 premiership side after playing 71 games for the Eagles.

Most recently, Miles has been playing for Williamstown where he was named in the back pocket of the VFL team of the year.

A damaging defender, Miles averaged 23 touches across 25 games for the Seagulls this season.

Miles also occasionally ventured up forward but his elite kicking skills meant he was mostly used as the man to exit defence for Williamstown.
The 25-year-old is believed to have travelled to Perth recently to speak with the Tigers as he weighs up a change of scenery.

Williamstown however consider themselves a strong chance of retaining Miles next season and expect a decision from the defender in the next week or two.

Star VFL defender Jack Maibaum has also been linked to the Tigers as the club attempts to go one better next season after a heartbreaking grand final loss to West Perth.

Maibaum spent four years on Sydney’s list and was also named in the VFL team of the year after a strong season for Coburg.

Last edited:
Teia Miles Possibly heading across to the WAFL....

WAFL 2022: Former Hawthorn utilty, son of Eagle Teia Miles in Claremont’s sights as Tigers look to rebound​

Eliza ReillyThe West Australian Fri, 7 October 2022 4:54AM Eliza Reilly
WAFL grand final runners-up Claremont have wasted little time attempting to bolster their playing list for next season as they attempt to lure former Hawthorn utility Teia Miles west.
The son of former West Coast, Collingwood and Geelong player Geoff Miles, the utility was drafted to the Hawks with pick 49 in 2014 and played 12 games at the highest level.

Geoff Miles also played for Claremont during his time out west and was a member of the club’s 1991 premiership side after playing 71 games for the Eagles.

Most recently, Miles has been playing for Williamstown where he was named in the back pocket of the VFL team of the year.

A damaging defender, Miles averaged 23 touches across 25 games for the Seagulls this season.

Miles also occasionally ventured up forward but his elite kicking skills meant he was mostly used as the man to exit defence for Williamstown.
The 25-year-old is believed to have travelled to Perth recently to speak with the Tigers as he weighs up a change of scenery.

Williamstown however consider themselves a strong chance of retaining Miles next season and expect a decision from the defender in the next week or two.

Star VFL defender Jack Maibaum has also been linked to the Tigers as the club attempts to go one better next season after a heartbreaking grand final loss to West Perth.

Maibaum spent four years on Sydney’s list and was also named in the VFL team of the year after a strong season for Coburg.

Will never forget the time the diminutive Teia put a bump on Adelaide key forward Josh Jenkins who then went down like he had been shot and subsequently missed the next 3 games with "not broken ribs".

Good luck out west Teia!

Who knew that Brendan Whitecross had been coaching in the Easter league once he was let go by Nth Melbourne during the pandemic.....

KNOX

Triple Eastern league premiership mentor Steve Buckle has returned to coaching.

The former Heathmont and Doncaster East coach will lead Division 2 club Knox in 2023, taking over from ex-AFL Hawk Brendan Whitecross who steered the Falcons across the 2021 and ‘22 seasons.

Buckle coached Heathmont to a Division 4 flag in 2011 before an eight-year tenure with Doncaster East.

His stint at Doncaster East took in five finals series, four grand finals, two premierships – and promotion to the Eastern league’s top division for the first time in club history – after the 2018 and ‘19 flags in the second tier.

The 2014-2021 run with the Lions finished with a win-loss record of 84-42 from 126 matches – a winning percentage of 66.6.

Whilst being employed by Hawthorn, Keegan Brooksby was also runner up in South Adelaide's B&F - pretty fair effort

South Adelaide​

Knuckey Cup – Best & Fairest
1. Joseph Haines – 117 votes
2. Keegan Brooksby – 115 votes
3. Oscar Calavarino – 104 votes
4. Hayden Sampson – 102 votes
5. Jake Summerton – 100 votes
6. Mitch O’Neill – 91 votes
7. Ryan Garthwaite – 88 votes
8. Matthew Broadbent – 83votes
9. Elliot Dunkin – 82 votes
10. Ben Heaslip – 78 votes
League Knuckles Trademark Award
Joseph Haines
League Players Player
Mitch O’Neill
Flinders University League Most Improved Player
Mitch O’Neill
League Leading Goalkicker
Ryan Garthwaite – 22 goals
Dr Jim Harley/Frank Brown Memorial Trophy (Best Clubman)
Ben Heaslip
David Kantilla Memorial Trophy (Best First Year League Player)
Tate Lovering
J.L. Brown Trophy (Reserves Best & Fairest)
Aaron Douglass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back