Where are they now (delistings / retirements since 2005)

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch out, you'll probably still find Jamie Shaw telling anyone who cares how good he was, how good he should have been and to this day how good he still could be.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most concerning bit of that article was the bit about being banned from all levels of football if you get a total of 16 weeks of suspensions (25% discount for AFL players makes this about 20 weeks).

Does this apply to players even when playing at AFL level?

Or to ask that same question in a more worrying way...

If Sicily racks up ~20 weeks of suspensions playing AFL before he retires then would he be deregistered from the AFL?

The most concerning bit of that article was the bit about being banned from all levels of football if you get a total of 16 weeks of suspensions (25% discount for AFL players makes this about 20 weeks).

Does this apply to players even when playing at AFL level?

Or to ask that same question in a more worrying way...

If Sicily racks up ~20 weeks of suspensions playing AFL before he retires then would he be deregistered from the AFL?
I always thought the discount for players while playing in the AFL competition was 50%.

Just going by what was in the article
Yeah I know. I think the 25% discount applies to retired AFL players playing in a lower competition. I have only known the 50% discount which applies to current AFL players ie they are deregistered when they hit 32 weeks

Our boy Billy cant stay out of the headlines!

Billy Hartung leaves St Bedes Mentone to join St Kilda City
Billy Hartung’s arrival at St Bedes Mentone this year was met with much fanfare, but after only seven games for the VAFA side the former Hawthorn and North Melbourne player is on the move.
Paul Amy, Port Phillip Leader

He was a prize recruit for VAFA Premier B club St Bedes Mentone Tigers this season, but former AFL speedster Billy Hartung will play out the rest of 2019 with St Kilda City in the Southern league.

Swooping before the June 30 clearance cut-off, City confirmed this afternoon it had secured 24-year-old Hartung.

Former NSW Scholarship player Trent Stubbs (who divided opinion on this board!) playing for Sothport in the NEAFL GF this weekend.

First ever senior premiership in Stubbs’ sights as Sharks look for back-to-back flags
NEWS
11 SEP 2019 BY: BEN HUNTER
Former Sydney Hill Eagle and Collingwood rookie Trent Stubbs has played in many unsuccessful senior grand finals in his expansive career, but the recently recruited Southport forward is keen to put an end to that this weekend.

Wouldn't think Angus is a long kick... but then again competing against Americans they measure in feet we actually measure in metres so therefore he might be a chance.?

Twas a very good clubman though especially at Box Hill. Congrats on his two premierships. As I said good clubman happy to see those guys get success elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back