Where are they now (delistings / retirements since 2005)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure l saw footage of Luke Lowden playing for Sorrento on the Local Footy show (CH 44)
Seemed that he played more than the 1 game - was a handy performance kicking 3 goals & rucking v Cox & Nic Nat.

Garry Moss being groomed to take over as senior coach of the Perth Football Club in 2021

Last edited:
Garry Moss being groomed to take of as senior coach of the Perth Football Club in 2021

Might catch the eye of Simpson or Longmuir and will be fielding offers to join either AFL team in the near future.

Clinton Young taking an assistant's role at Williamstown under the legend Andy Collins

Did a great job at Gisborne building the joint back up from the shell of a place it was, must mean his playing days are over, did play some nice cameos over the past two years.

Brad Sewell has left his commentary role with the ABC for this season because he has relocated to Byron Bay. Good luck to Crusher.

Brad Sewell has left his commentary role with the ABC for this season because he has relocated to Byron Bay. Good luck to Crusher.
Always worthwhile listening to. One of my favorites on and off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another Billy write up.

North Adelaide’s Billy Hartung among big names to join SANFL for the 2020 seasons
Former Hawks and Kangaroos speedster Billy Hartung is one of 19 ex-AFL players joining the SANFL this season. Find out why he’s here plus analysis of every SANFL club’s off-season.

February 25, 2020 1:14pm
Billy Hartung’s football journey has been far from simple the past three years.
But a fresh start in a different state could just be what the former Hawthorn and North Melbourne player needs to reignite his career.
The 25-year-old is North Adelaide’s gun signing amid a strong batch of off-season recruits.
Since 2017, Hartung has gone from AFL lists at the Hawks and Kangaroos to local leagues in Melbourne and now across the border in the SANFL.
First-year Roosters coach Jacob Surjan described the 76-game ex-AFL player as the ultimate professional.
“The spark for Billy to hopefully get back into the AFL, if he has a good year, still burns for him.,” Surjan said of Hartung, an AFL rising star nominee in 2015.
“I think he’s still got that drive to play AFL footy, which I love, and if we can help him do that then it’s a big tick for our footy club.
“If we help him get back into the AFL or he plays at the Roosters for the next two, three, five years, then that’s a win for all of us.”
Hartung played 13 games in his first season for the Kangaroos in 2018 before a surprise delisting, a year after suffering the same fate at the Hawks.
He then signed for amateur club St Bedes Mentone before switching to Southern Football Netball League club St Kilda City mid-season.
A link through North junior and former Hawthorn teammate, now Port Adelaide player, Ryan Burton started conversations between the parties before Hartung decided a fresh start in SA would be the best move for his football.

And the elite runner comes to Prospect Oval looking to add another string to his bow as an inside midfielder.

“He’s put on a bit of muscle and strength in his year out of AFL playing amateur footy,” Surjan said.
“He wants to learn that craft and turn himself into an inside mid as well.
“Because I think we all know that he can play on the outside, if he can learn to play a bit more on the inside he’ll be an even better asset.”
The SANFL once again stamped its standing this off-season as a prime landing spot for players straight out of the AFL system and also the top place for big league hopefuls to showcase their talent.
Hartung is one of 19 players with AFL experience to join the league this season compared to 16 in 2019, which was more than double the previous off-season.
The photo that accompanied the article showed that he had put on a bit of size. But it may end up like Mitch Thorp's time at Glenelg.

Kyle Cheney.....

KYLE CHENEY
(HAHNDORF, HILLS)

Former clubs: Melbourne, Hawthorn, Adelaide

AFL games: 85

SANFL games: 21

Ex-Crow Kyle Cheney is now playing for Hahndorf. Picture: Michael Klein
Ex-Crow Kyle Cheney is now playing for Hahndorf. Picture: Michael Klein
Fellow ex-Crow Matthew Jaensch lured the tough defender to Hahndorf for the 2019 campaign and the redhead was part of its premiership side last season.

Cheney hails from Warracknabeal in country Victoria but is sticking around this year as the Magpies aim for three consecutive flags.

Good hand, Kyle Cheney. Dominated the VFL when outside the Hawks. Always wished him well.
I always liked it when he was in the team

Gave 100% at every contest

Still remember him missing a goal from the goal square down in Tassie one year though!

I always liked it when he was in the team

Gave 100% at every contest

Still remember him missing a goal from the goal square down in Tassie one year though!

I liked Suckers too. He is so underrated as a player - has been close to the WB best player for sections of the season since being there.

Bevo has a bit to answer for poaching them both.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back