Where are they now (delistings / retirements since 2005)

Remove this Banner Ad

In hindsight, even though he was a bad pick, there wasn’t much taken after him either. We’d have had to really shoot the lights outs to make something of that pick.
Agree but I wonder (assuming here) that we were trying to replace our midfield brigade of superstars and it was such a failed pick that it contributed towards the failed strategy. Meaning it influenced clarko to not focus on rebuilding the list from the draft.

In hindsight, even though he was a bad pick, there wasn’t much taken after him either. We’d have had to really shoot the lights outs to make something of that pick.
We could have got beast mode himself, Rhys Mathieson.

On a more serious note, how has he lasted this long on a list?

Really only Dunkley and Hardwick look like being really good players.

Agree but I wonder (assuming here) that we were trying to replace our midfield brigade of superstars and it was such a failed pick that it contributed towards the failed strategy. Meaning it influenced clarko to not focus on rebuilding the list from the draft.
I think it was just a weak draft after the first 20 picks.

Some Michael Hartley news from H Sun.

Seymour has given itself a major boost in a pursuit of the Goulburn Valley league premiership with a signing of a former AFL defender.
Michael Hartley, 28, has joined the Lions for the 2022 season where he is expected to play at least six games, enough to qualify him for a potential finals series.
The former Essendon and Hawthorn defender has chosen Seymour as his home club as he also prepares to continue his time in the VFL with Collingwood.
Hartley is keen to develop his coaching skill and will also take on a part-time role with the Pies’ AFLW program.

1636338902450.png

Tom Scully in the final stages of the Police academy in Victoria

Damon Greaves as rejoined his WAFL Club East Perth.

Former Hawthorn defender Damon Greaves has also returned to Leederville Oval after three seasons at the Hawks.

I really rated Greaves, hope he gets another chance. Surprised no AFL club picked him up

Love it from the big man but is that not a leap/risk for the dogs, considering they are in premiership contention and have someone coming onboard with no experience in said role?
Every club he went to won a premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved watching the big fellah! Played every game as if it was his last.

What a great description of Spang, I completely agree - some of his efforts and spoils were ridiculous, just willed it to happen.

Have to love a player that leaves absolutely nothing on the field.

He catches up with the crim grabs him and continues to run...
Reason: Hasn't fulfilled his GPS quota for the week ;)
Let's hope his tackling of crims is better than footballers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back