List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhhh yes nothing like giving Ah chee away for peanuts and now killing it on the track

Everyone kills it on the pre season track. He still isn’t a defender so it will be interesting to see if he can take to it
As has been mentioned on our forum, it’s actually pretty faint praise as far as preseason articles go.

As I said on our forum, the article makes him sound like a draftee.

Watching the Lions game today, I haven't seen much from Ah Chee to suggest he will be a better back flanker than he is a forward flanker. This notion of him playing in the D50 I believe is from one game when he played mostly as a spare in our win against the Swans a couple of years ago. He did play well, but it was one-out-of-the-box. Ever since in the games he has played there he has occasionally shown his run and pace with skills, but more often than not he gets beaten by his opponent, he tackles recklessly and gives away free kicks.

I don't know why we and Brissy just don't play him in the position he's naturally suited. Let him run as a forward flanker, take great marks and kick inside 50. He's fast and nimble and now reasonably strong, being a hard match-up.

You can see ah chee tackle and the dog act of Zorko at the end of this clip

Technically, Zorko is a former Sun as well. We drafted him in 2011 with one of our QLD zone access picks and he was very briefly on our list before we traded him to Brisbane. Not really sure how to feel about him being referred to as a former Sun but it is technically true, if only for a few minutes.

Or watch the vision. He was a real liability defensively. Didn’t work/run hard enough in defence, and offered no run forward, which is supposedly why we recruited him.
If you're looking for a guy who works hard both ways you'll need to look further than Ah Chee
The hope would have been that at a new Club he would have been more motivated to do the hard things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Believe he only signed a 3 year contract.

We’ll probably put him back up forward sooner or later.
He had a couple of games where he kicked a few goals and everyone raved but I always had him well below the Suns BigFooty whipping boy Fish Matera
I'm trying to think of players that have been injured or had disrupted starts to their careers who go on to be great players

He had a couple of games where he kicked a few goals and everyone raved but I always had him well below the Suns BigFooty whipping boy Fish Matera
I'm trying to think of players that have been injured or had disrupted starts to their careers who go on to be great players
Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 8.17.45 am.png

To be fair, Walters clearly showed more early days than Ah Chee has but, he had a pretty stuttering start to his career. Sent back to WAFL for being fat in his 4th year as per article on AFL.com

Turned himself into one of the best in the league.

I've been a big supporter of Ah Chee's potential.

He plays tall, can take a grab, tackles with aggression.

Main reason he hasn't thrived is his effort level is not consistent. He will jog around, not running hard to get into position, but when he has chance to lay a big tackle, or like that passage of play where he outworked Buddy and won a hard defensive ball his 100% effort can be amazing.

Just doesn't do the hard work off the ball to give himself a chance to succeed.

I've been a big supporter of Ah Chee's potential.

He plays tall, can take a grab, tackles with aggression.

Main reason he hasn't thrived is his effort level is not consistent. He will jog around, not running hard to get into position, but when he has chance to lay a big tackle, or like that passage of play where he outworked Buddy and won a hard defensive ball his 100% effort can be amazing.

Just doesn't do the hard work off the ball to give himself a chance to succeed.
He always gave the impression on field that he was a bit above doing the hard stuff for the Suns
I don't think he'll be terribly missed by us
As I said, new coach, new Club he may thrive

I don’t believe we recruited him to be a great player.

I’d be happy if he plays his role, and plays to Fagan’s team orientated expectations.

If he doesn’t, he’s going to spend a lot of time in the NEAFL.

Fagan can have his whipping boys as well. Don’t play to expectations, you don’t get much time. And there is a lot of competition for both our HBF and HFF roles.

Too early to pick him up in Mid season draft. I think he need to prove himself to work himself back to AFL list. Eg former Collingwood Sam Murray. His fitness without any pre season will be in doubt too.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back