List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

I still love him so go ahead but not sure the others will agree. How is he looking? I hope for his sake he can get fit as to much talent to leave the afl without making an impact
He's training without strapping on his knee for the first time in 4 years!

from tasmanianstateleague.com.au
Burnie land former Sun and Plant seed for 2018

Categories: TSL News

Exciting times at West Park as Burnie Football Club make two key announcements ahead of their 2018 TSL campaign. Former Premiership Coach Brent Plant will return to the club’s top job and the club have secured the services of former Gold Coast Sun Luke Russell, as a playing assistant.

Plant had significant success in his previous tenure at the club, culminating in the Dockers’ claiming the state league premiership in 2012.

He arrives at the club following the departure of playing-coach Clint Proctor and amidst a regeneration of the playing list. The Dockers have a youthful yet exciting list and Plant’s cause will be significantly aided by the AFL experience and skill of new arrival, Luke Russell. Drafted from the Burnie Dockers, Russell played with the Gold Coast Suns from 2011 – 2016 and played 73 games, kicking 29 goals. He has most recently plied his trade at VFL outfit the Northern Blues but will return in 2018 to play for his home club, Burnie.

Club President Stephen Dowling released the following statement with regard to the exciting announcements:

It is with excitement I would like to announce that the Burnie Football Club has appointed Brent Plant as a non-playing senior TSL coach, and has signed Luke Russell as a playing assistant.

We have secured a proven performer in Planty (Brent Plant), his last three years when he was last at our club, he won one flag and played off in two more. He developed a strong squad and got the best out of the playing group. He has a lot of connections and a strong knowledge for football in our region and across Tasmania.

Planty combines well with a 25 year old professional in Luke (Russell) who is pretty much straight out of the AFL system. Luke will act as a beacon for young aspiring footballers on the coast to come to Burnie to learn, grow and train to his standards. It is great to have a player of Luke’s quality at our club and in the TSL.

Brent has a long and successful association with Tasmanian Football, he will bring huge local knowledge and experience with regional and state league football and we believe that in conjunction with Luke, will add an extra dimension to both our on field and off field endeavors.

Luke began his junior football with the Burnie Dockers and was drafted to the Gold Coast Suns, making his debut as a 19 year old in 2011 against Melbourne. He comes to the Dockers as a 25 year old having played 73 AFL matches in total.

We welcome both gentlemen back to the club and are excited for season 2018.

from tasmanianstateleague.com.au
Burnie land former Sun and Plant seed for 2018

Categories: TSL News

Exciting times at West Park as Burnie Football Club make two key announcements ahead of their 2018 TSL campaign. Former Premiership Coach Brent Plant will return to the club’s top job and the club have secured the services of former Gold Coast Sun Luke Russell, as a playing assistant.

Plant had significant success in his previous tenure at the club, culminating in the Dockers’ claiming the state league premiership in 2012.

He arrives at the club following the departure of playing-coach Clint Proctor and amidst a regeneration of the playing list. The Dockers have a youthful yet exciting list and Plant’s cause will be significantly aided by the AFL experience and skill of new arrival, Luke Russell. Drafted from the Burnie Dockers, Russell played with the Gold Coast Suns from 2011 – 2016 and played 73 games, kicking 29 goals. He has most recently plied his trade at VFL outfit the Northern Blues but will return in 2018 to play for his home club, Burnie.

Club President Stephen Dowling released the following statement with regard to the exciting announcements:

It is with excitement I would like to announce that the Burnie Football Club has appointed Brent Plant as a non-playing senior TSL coach, and has signed Luke Russell as a playing assistant.

We have secured a proven performer in Planty (Brent Plant), his last three years when he was last at our club, he won one flag and played off in two more. He developed a strong squad and got the best out of the playing group. He has a lot of connections and a strong knowledge for football in our region and across Tasmania.

Planty combines well with a 25 year old professional in Luke (Russell) who is pretty much straight out of the AFL system. Luke will act as a beacon for young aspiring footballers on the coast to come to Burnie to learn, grow and train to his standards. It is great to have a player of Luke’s quality at our club and in the TSL.

Brent has a long and successful association with Tasmanian Football, he will bring huge local knowledge and experience with regional and state league football and we believe that in conjunction with Luke, will add an extra dimension to both our on field and off field endeavors.

Luke began his junior football with the Burnie Dockers and was drafted to the Gold Coast Suns, making his debut as a 19 year old in 2011 against Melbourne. He comes to the Dockers as a 25 year old having played 73 AFL matches in total.

We welcome both gentlemen back to the club and are excited for season 2018.

From the Gold Coast to Burnie hey....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another example of the poor choices made in setting up the original Suns.
Hopefully the current rebirth is far better planned and researched......

Hello Suns supporters. Congrats on securing Stuart Dew as your new coach. Hopefully he can help reverse your fortunes.

I'm hoping you can help me understand what kind of player Adam Saad is, given he departed GCS amicably. I'm excited by his ability to run and carry, not so sure about his defensive nous though. How good is he defensively? How does he go with a lockdown role on small forwards? Some posters on the EFC board think he might not be up to it. I'm not sure.

Hello Suns supporters. Congrats on securing Stuart Dew as your new coach. Hopefully he can help reverse your fortunes.

I'm hoping you can help me understand what kind of player Adam Saad is, given he departed GCS amicably. I'm excited by his ability to run and carry, not so sure about his defensive nous though. How good is he defensively? How does he go with a lockdown role on small forwards? Some posters on the EFC board think he might not be up to it. I'm not sure.

There’s no way it was amicable in my books. If I see him in the streets I’ll definitely have to bite my tongue hard to not sledge him about his weak pitiful soft unmanly excuse for taking off and especially the manner in which he did it which was to nominate a preferred club rather than just saying he wanted to be in any Melbourne team. Bugger him I reckon.

But anyway you asked with respect so I’ll answer it to the best of my basic knowledge.
He was regarded as one of our best one on one defenders so he can most certainly do a lockdown role on a small forward.

If he breaks his leg or does an ACL you are invited to a Keg Party at my place.

Thanks heaps for provoking me to write something buddy too because our board has been like a Ghost Town with tumbleweed blowing through it lately.

There’s no way it was amicable in my books. If I see him in the streets I’ll definitely have to bite my tongue hard to not sledge him about his weak pitiful soft unmanly excuse for taking off and especially the manner in which he did it which was to nominate a preferred club rather than just saying he wanted to be in any Melbourne team. Bugger him I reckon.

But anyway you asked with respect so I’ll answer it to the best of my basic knowledge.
He was regarded as one of our best one on one defenders so he can most certainly do a lockdown role on a small forward.

If he breaks his leg or does an ACL you are invited to a Keg Party at my place.

Thanks heaps for provoking me to write something buddy too because our board has been like a Ghost Town with tumbleweed blowing through it lately.
Never change Boddsy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back