List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

• The episode happened in the moments after the under-16 grand final between Southport Sharks and Palm Beach Currumbin.

• Lockett coached the Sharks under-12 team this year and both he and Ashcroft have sons who played in the losing Southport under-16 team

• A witness said tensions escalated when Lockett was yelling at some of the players from the side line.

• “Marcus asked him to stop and then Neil went up to him and hit him.”

• “Neil hit Marcus, put him in a head lock and through him to the ground. People had to jump in to separate them.

THat Lockett dude has totally killed his sons footy career

This is a must watch interview with Michael Barlow.

This is not a guy that's got an axe to grind.

The Suns completely destroyed this guy he felt isolated.
He sounds heartbroken

Part 1

Part 2

And it’s not like the media say.
We realise you averaged 30 disposals in the neafl, but Jacob Dawson the 18year old academy rookie averaged 27.

I’m torn. Seems like a great guy but obviously he couldn’t stay given how things played out.

Interesting that Jarryd Lyons was the one going up to console him in the change rooms after the Geelong match.

The interview I found was a tough watch because of the injuries he’s had and the illness to his mum.

The stuff about not getting games we’ve heard before and hearing both sides of the story to me it sucks it ended this way but it was Dew’s call to make. I think in 12 months time Barlow will be the least of our worries

The interview I found was a tough watch because of the injuries he’s had and the illness to his mum.

The stuff about not getting games we’ve heard before and hearing both sides of the story to me it sucks it ended this way but it was Dew’s call to make. I think in 12 months time Barlow will be the least of our worries
Well that sounds ominous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it does a bit. With Brodie, scrimshaw, Bowes and Ainsworth being a big part of the team then I think the amount we played them this year will become crucial.
You can toss in Ballard and Scheer with that group and because of a quirk in the way the Draft works, Dirk Koenen will turn 19 before the season starts and is only a few months younger than most of the players taken in last year's Draft. Heron also played a lot of footy, while Dawson continued to develop strongly in NEAFL and will play more AFL next season.

Bowes started showing his class toward the end of the season playing through the midfield, which Ainsworth was doing it too at different stages of the year and Brodie started to show that he is ready to start tearing games apart. Meanwhile, Scrimshaw played a variety of roles in the NEAFL that will do him some good when he starts trying to cement a place in the senior side. On paper, we'll still have Swallow, Lyons, Miller and Weller named in the key roles, but the big 4 from 2016 are what's needed to transform this midfield into a 4 quarter unit. Ainsworth has to step up if Touk's on a hard tag. Bowes has to find that inside/outside role Dew is talking about and take some more of those amazing speccies.

Not breaking news, but if we're watching former Suns playing finals then it is no surprise to hear that Jaeger O'Meara is out with a knee injury. One final and 26 matches over 2 seasons, which means he's missed 18 regular season games and this will be his 19th. Would you still want him knowing he'll miss 40% of games and likely retire young?

Not breaking news, but if we're watching former Suns playing finals then it is no surprise to hear that Jaeger O'Meara is out with a knee injury. One final and 26 matches over 2 seasons, which means he's missed 18 regular season games and this will be his 19th. Would you still want him knowing he'll miss 40% of games and likely retire young?
I would if he is cheap bargain ;) due to his injury .

A bit late to this story but with salary cap rumours I just read that this year we payed a proportion of Gary Ablett salary??

Ah why is that? He chose to effectively break the contract he had with our club when he asked to leave.

No. I watched him closely in that qualifying final, and while he did get 29 possessions and was amongst the Hawks best, the fanbois saying he was BOG were pulling themselves. That third quarter when the game was up for grabs, he absolutely did a disappearing act when the heat was on, only to chip scab a few touches towards the end when Richmond had already sown the game up. That knee, his lack of confidence in it, and his undoubted loss of pace because of it - he might be getting more of the ball but he’s not the player he was with us before the injury.

No. I watched him closely in that qualifying final, and while he did get 29 possessions and was amongst the Hawks best, the fanbois saying he was BOG were pulling themselves. That third quarter when the game was up for grabs, he absolutely did a disappearing act when the heat was on, only to chip scab a few touches towards the end when Richmond had already sown the game up. That knee, his lack of confidence in it, and his undoubted loss of pace because of it - he might be getting more of the ball but he’s not the player he was with us before the injury.
Agreed. He still has the footy smarts to get the ball and was a willing tackler, but not an 800k player and will never be 100%

Doesn't it just
Lots of people going dark in here
Must say this time last year I was feeling very positive about 2018 despite a pretty woeful 2017
I think I've had the last yelp of optimism kicked out of me now though

The negative voices on the Suns board are loudest now unfortunately. You feel like a twat coming in with optimism so I have given up.

The negative voices on the Suns board are loudest now unfortunately. You feel like a twat coming in with optimism so I have given up.
I can't believe how this season pretty much almost knocked all the hope and positivity out of me down to now May leaving BUT I know almost feel rejuvenated by the new prospect of a ground up rebuild and what that may look like
The proof for me wont be the quality of the new draft picks as they wont have an immediate impact but who we bring in as mature talent which will be telling

I can't believe how this season pretty much almost knocked all the hope and positivity out of me down to now May leaving BUT I know almost feel rejuvenated by the new prospect of a ground up rebuild and what that may look like
The proof for me wont be the quality of the new draft picks as they wont have an immediate impact but who we bring in as mature talent which will be telling

Get ready to be fired up by Newman, Casboult, Miles and GHS - this should tell you all you need to know - Suns are the last stop on the way to being out of the league

The key to our future is galvanising the 22 yo and under players to make it about having loyalty to each other and having a tight knit group that stays together

Kids drafted are generally wide eyed & excited regardless of where they go.
They’re happy to wait 4 years to see where the club goes. It’s the players in their mid 20s that start panicking and jump ship for an easy fix of winning.
Clear out the deadwood and negativity, draft as many kids as possible. Develop them properly with state of the art facilities and decent staff and we’ll be ok.
A grade mids win you games. They’re not going come here once established & we just have to hit the draft.
I’m more positive now than 2 years ago when we were drifting under mismanagement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back