List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
It's odd but Victorian commentators often do that when a player returns home. He's got a lot of work to do if he wants to earn the kind of praise he received from Healy today.
Healy has this odd brain that makes anyone leaving us an out and out champ.
He's a tosser of the highest order.
He's made similar comments about Smith Weller and Schade who once won a one on one with Buddy when he slipped over and was feted as a football god yet again missed by The Suns

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
I honestly had forgotten about Scrim.

Got to enough to be going on with already.
Our current players.
Our development program.
Our drafting.
Our selection policies.
Our game day management.
etc etc.

Will pay attention when we play against ex-players.

thurls64

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Logic would suggest Scrimshaw left under a very large cloud and added to the pressure by delivering some unnescessary banter negative to our club. Then good ole Dad gets on here and does ………….well does what he did ………...so you would think if he was ever going to knuckle down, get fit and show us all what an amazing champion he is and we drastically underdeveloped him, ignored his needs then the last 6 months would have been the time to do that at the superior culture of The Hawks
So my question to all that watched the game, I didn't, how is Scrimshaw 2.0 with The Hawks developing him?

SaadyArmy

Team Captain
Jan 31, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Logic would suggest Scrimshaw left under a very large cloud and added to the pressure by delivering some unnescessary banter negative to our club. Then good ole Dad gets on here and does ………….well does what he did ………...so you would think if he was ever going to knuckle down, get fit and show us all what an amazing champion he is and we drastically underdeveloped him, ignored his needs then the last 6 months would have been the time to do that at the superior culture of The Hawks
So my question to all that watched the game, I didn't, how is Scrimshaw 2.0 with The Hawks developing him?

forgive my memory, what banter was it thurls?

Aug 17, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Didn’t notice any difference TBH but early days... remember it took them just 2 years to turn O’Cockface into a star.

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Watched Matera play against the pies. Still the epitome of a lazy footballer. Could be a genuine star but spends more time standing around watching his team mates fight for the footy than he does effecting play. He's pretty quick but only runs hard ahead of the ball in hopes of a handball receive - gives up instantly when his team loses the ball and his opponent is ALWAYS free. Great kick that lacks meaningful penetration. Too small to be a marking target but has always been hopeless as a crummer. Very happy that he isn't in Sun's colours any more

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Yes it sucks...so what did we not do well enough as a Club to not make him want to be with us.
Not winning games at the senior level was probably a big factor but it's entirely possible he was always going to choose the club his father won a premiership with and that we were never truly a chance to get him. Don't forget, it was known from the day he was born that he could be drafted as a father-son selection by the Kangaroos or Cats. We only became a realistic option for him later in his life when he was a teenager. He can definitely play though and I'm hopeful that one day he'll wish to come home and play for us.

We have an opportunity to get one back the other way when Will Ashcroft comes through in a few years. Get to work, Evans.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Dew’s old whipping boy Jarryd Lyons just kicked his 4th goal to go with 20 disposals (12 contested) and 9 score involvement still in the 3rd quarter

SnusCG

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Dew’s old whipping boy Jarryd Lyons just kicked his 4th goal to go with 20 disposals (12 contested) and 9 score involvement still in the 3rd quarter
Proving every single person correct that de-listing him for Brisbane was a horrible idea.
Only reason I was even slighly okay with it at the time was I thought it would mean Brodie would finally get proper gametime.

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
What club will Dew’s new whipping boy Brodie be doing the same for next year ?

Or will Dew be gone

Back