List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Scrim ran out of gas again and had the last two goals kicked on him cost his team the game :)
Maybe needed to do our preseason in order to learn to run out a game ? Walking or being carried over the Kokoda track hasn't improved things much for him.
Still lacks endurance - but shows potential to be a very good player .

Thank you for that most apt of summaries. I’m sure the enabler will have his excuses ready.

Blatant fishing to bring a certain opposition poster to our board will not be tolerated. The warnings have been numerous with this.

Scrimshaw for sure has talent but to fade out in defence after one quarter is crazy. This was his preseason number 3. May be his body can't cope with high loads. Still Hawks fans are excited.

Dew’s old whipping boy Jarryd Lyons just kicked his 4th goal to go with 20 disposals (12 contested) and 9 score involvement still in the 3rd quarter
Dew likes players with more than one string to their bow.......and Lyons is supposedly only a slow midfielder :drunk:.

Lyons delisting will be a great AFL mystery because it just feels like we replaced like for like with Miles et al
If he goes on to play finals with Zorko they will be a happy pair of Suns rejects and will give the Media another fertile plot of land to plant the incompetent Suns seeds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyons delisting will be a great AFL mystery because it just feels like we replaced like for like with Miles et al
If he goes on to play finals with Zorko they will be a happy pair of Suns rejects and will give the Media another fertile plot of land to plant the incompetent Suns seeds
As much as people use Zorko as a rod against your clubs back, it shouldn’t be missed that every club had multiple chances to draft Zorko.

So there are 16 other clubs who missed the same opportunity. 17 if you count Brisbane for passing on Zorko for the 3 previous drafts.

As for Lyons, the whole (mini)saga is rather curious. No discussion about a trade during the trade period. The trading of our 2017 first round pick for a late first and likely early second would have gone down better with Brisbane fans if Lyons was part of the package coming back to Brisbane.

Wait until the season has played out before gnashing teeth over one player going to your closest rival.

On the Lions board we’ve had a few limited discussions about Dews possible lack of man management skills.

Dew might be one of those people who poses all the skills to effectively manage the day to day running of a business, but lacks the people skills to effectively manage and communicate skilfully with his own staff (the players).

I have seen this many times in my previous occupation. Some managers have great people skills to motivate their staff, but lack some organisational or business skills.

Others have have the organisational skills and direct staff effectively, but lack the people skills to deal with staff beyond task orientated situations. This type often makes for good assistant managers, but lack the people skills needed to be an effective general manager.

Purely from reading here, I wonder if Dew is more suited to being an assistant coach, and lacks the communication skills to deal with players beyond game day and training situations.

Purely from reading here, I wonder if Dew is more suited to being an assistant coach, and lacks the communication skills to deal with players beyond game day and training situations.

It seems doubtful because he impressed at every single selection panel meeting apparently with the rap being on his outstanding communication skills
And that's something Cochrane knows all about
I think he just has the My Way or Highway personality which is what the Club needs
My take on Lyons has always been classic Journeyman sportsman
Does enough to keep his spot and make supporters believe but is mostly interested in the length of his contract rather than the Club he's playing for

It does not look too good for Dixon.

PORT Adelaide doesn't have a fixed return date for key forward Charlie Dixon after he had a setback in his stop-start recovery from a broken leg and dislocated ankle.

Steven May's 1 week suspension upheld
His team failed to convince that the contact was lower than medium impact.

At least he is consistent!

I,like that lyons was delisted and came to us but I cannot understand it. We lost beams but there had been plenty of discussion warming us up to his possible departure. I haven't seen anything that is at all convincing on why Lyons was let go? Sacked?

He has said publicly that he now has a point to prove - so maybe he is stepping up ATM? So far he looks like a gun. I hope your replacements do as well for you as he is for us.

I,like that lyons was delisted and came to us but I cannot understand it. We lost beams but there had been plenty of discussion warming us up to his possible departure. I haven't seen anything that is at all convincing on why Lyons was let go? Sacked?

He has said publicly that he now has a point to prove - so maybe he is stepping up ATM? So far he looks like a gun. I hope your replacements do as well for you as he is for us.
Adelaide supporters felt the same way when he came to us
When he leaves you for Freo you can debate the merits
Doubt he'll ever win you a game of footy- real footy not JLT crap

The club went on record to say that they were happy to keep Lyons this year, but with the focus on developing younger players he might struggle for a game. Brisbane offered him a 3 year deal and we shook hands with him and wished him well.
He wasn't sacked. We also needed to free up valuable cap space and I'm tipping Brisbane are paying most of his wage for this season.
Come rounds 6-8 we'll know more though. 77 clangers and ranked 620th in the league for disposal efficiency is hardly top shelf stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back